excel help

nikhilboorla

is it OK to split the number into two different cells, like date in one cell & time in another cell??

if so first split them into two different cells & then follow the steps in the  link below

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3467-excel-convert-serial-number-to-date.html

sorry for the external link

never tried both time & date in a cell. if you figured it out plz let me know. Thanks

1 minute ago, timmy said:

is it OK to split the number into two different cells, like date in one cell & time in another cell??

if so first split them into two different cells & then follow the steps in the  link below

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3467-excel-convert-serial-number-to-date.html

sorry for the external link

and then u can concatenate both the fields again @3$% 

12 minutes ago, nikhilboorla said:

i am able to make  20150911  as 2015-09-11 but unable to make  184028  in time format(i have tried Format cells option in excel)

Hmm!! aa time column ni copy chesi new column lo paste special lo paste as values & numbers ani  cheyyi dhen try again for new column.  (edited)

I would use notepad++ to insert a space in all the records in one go. 

Copy 1000 Records into n++ . Move cursor to the position where you wanna to insert space (or any character) . Now use alt + shift + down arrow to the end . Now type what ever you want. It will insert into 1000 rows in one go.

1 hour ago, rrc_2015 said:

I would use notepad++ to insert a space in all the records in one go. 

Copy 1000 Records into n++ . Move cursor to the position where you wanna to insert space (or any character) . Now use alt + shift + down arrow to the end . Now type what ever you want. It will insert into 1000 rows in one go.

same pinch nenu ide vadatha....avaro oka mahanu bavudu naku idi nerpichadu first job lo ....adi leka pothe pani vasi poyedi