Calling Tortoise.

lazybugger

@tortoise

you've asked me 3 times to suggest a book. And I suggested the same book thrice to see if you cared enough to catch it. apparently not :)

so I'll add another book to your 'dont care' list.

The Dispossessed by Ursula K Le Guin. Its a sci fi fantasy.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

@tortoise

you've asked me 3 times to suggest a book. And I suggested the same book thrice to see if you cared enough to catch it. apparently not :)

suggest a book from your JNU library @3$%

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

@tortoise

@tortoise reaction right now Image result for ka paul gifs

11 minutes ago, samaja_varagamana said:

@tortoise reaction right now 

More than Torty, you should read this. Please do.

tell me if you find RGV impressive after reading this. The book presents an interesting world view that is counter to anything you may be exposed to. And one that doesn't involve a very defeatist attitude like RGV.

2 hours ago, lazybugger said:

More than Torty, you should read this. Please do.

tell me if you find RGV impressive after reading this. The book presents an interesting world view that is counter to anything you may be exposed to. And one that doesn't involve a very defeatist attitude like RGV.

Ok will read that book is it like something opposite to objectivism .....like love all ppl....leave worldly pleasures blah blah kinda stuff ???

13 minutes ago, samaja_varagamana said:

Ok will read that book is it like something opposite to objectivism .....like love all ppl....leave worldly pleasures blah blah kinda stuff ???

biggest insult to me in this db. congrats.

this book presents two planets. One where people don't own anything, not even the children, and have to put society before their needs. and another a capitalist society, like the one we have on earth now.

The society that is against property rights in this book, provides a more interesting insight into human frailties, the clashes of ego, etc. The scientist, who's been stifled in that society for inventing something that puts their society at risk, goes to the other planet and experiences capitalism in the hope that his ideas would be more acceptable there.

The book presents a society, where the individual is actually free. But also tests the limits how much free an individual can actually be.

Just because someone hates RGV, doesn't mean they believe in loving all ppl, leaving worldly pleasures etc. One can hate him, because he's a collossal idiot. and has a low view of humanity itself.

12 hours ago, samaja_varagamana said:

No. This book contributes in a small way to an alternate vision for progress. unlike RGV, who does nothing but suck up to gangsters, and people who are violent and powerful than him, and calls it objectivism? does he.. I haven't heard his whole deal.

Just the twitter TL gave me a headache.

23 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

No. This book contributes in a small way to an alternate vision for progress. unlike RGV, who does nothing but suck up to gangsters, and people who are violent and powerful than him, and calls it objectivism? does he.. I haven't heard his whole deal.

Just the twitter TL gave me a headache.

Lo no RGV also got influenced my the non violent characters like mahatma Gandhi too. I don't think he gets influenced or consider someone as role models just because they powerful than him. He also considers ranga nayakamma a telugu writer (Hope u know her) to be more intensive. 

As he says he is not follower of any one , but just finds his own personality traits in some the philosophers he read or followed.

PS: I am not follower of him bro....dont put me into that category . I just admire him in some aspects. End of the day I live my life on my own rules dude

16 hours ago, lazybugger said:

@tortoise

babu_chitti2.gif?1290346612 na kosam thread vesi book suggest chesavaaa .....thank you ... chaduvutha 

1 hour ago, samaja_varagamana said:

Lo no RGV also got influenced my the non violent characters like mahatma Gandhi too. I don't think he gets influenced or consider someone as role models just because they powerful than him. He also considers ranga nayakamma a telugu writer (Hope u know her) to be more intensive. 

As he says he is not follower of any one , but just finds his own personality traits in some the philosophers he read or followed.

PS: I am not follower of him bro....dont put me into that category . I just admire him in some aspects. End of the day I live my life on my own rules dude

vanta ainda? brahmi+(5).gif