Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• tennisluvr

• Heroin

• kiraak_poradu

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Isn't that what we do in this DB? Isn't that what you have been doing on other topics? 

Not really, but since I can see you do it now I have an idea how not to do it. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

For those self ordained movie critics that think just because RT gives a movie a high rating means it's a great movie and everyone should consider it such, you would do well to read this article: 

http://www.businessinsider.com/rotten-tomatoes-data-reveals-the-most-overrated-and-underrated-movies-2014-5

lol. So you have no clue what I was talking then. Did you see the IT ratings in RT? And did you apply the logic that you are using from above link. If you apply that, IT is the most properly rated movie in recent times. Difference between Critics, and audience rating is just 1%. 

Just now, Batman_fan said:

lol. So you have no clue what I was talking then. Did you see the IT ratings in RT? And did you apply the logic that you are using from above link. If you apply that, IT is the most properly rated movie in recent times. Difference between Critics, and audience rating is just 1%. 

Me disco boring ga undi sorry

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

Doesn't matter what the difference is, whether it's 1% or 0.1% or 0%. Again no where did I mention that IT was a bad movie, it's just not perhaps something that appeals to everyone. That however wouldn't make me equate their taste in movies to watching p0rn, which you seem rather too obsessed about. That alone shows the arrogance and the desperation you want to project, you don't seem to understand the simple concept that no matter how great a movie is it will have a share of people that may not see it that way. 

So you've essentially lost the message even before you spread it across, by your haughty and supercilious tone. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Doesn't matter what the difference is, whether it's 1% or 0.1% or 0%. Again no where did I mention that IT was a bad movie, it's just not perhaps something that appeals to everyone. That however wouldn't make me equate their taste in movies to watching p0rn, which you seem rather too obsessed about. That alone shows the arrogance and the desperation you want to project, you don't seem to understand the simple concept that no matter how great a movie is it will have a share of people that may not see it that way. 

So you've essentially lost the message even before you spread it across, by your haughty and supercilious tone. 

Dude, go back and check your first post. "overhyped" is what you said without any justification. So I have to explain why it is not. And yes, I am arrogant in this DB like everyone else. Are there any rules that I cannot be or you assumed I never would be? Only difference between you guys and me though is I don't use foul language on anyone, no matter what kind of person the other guy is. 

Just now, Batman_fan said:

Dude, go back and check your first post. "overhyped" is what you said without any justification. So I have to explain why it is not. And yes, I am arrogant in this DB like everyone else. Are there any rules that I cannot be or you assumed I never would be? Only difference between you guys and me though is I don't use foul language on anyone, no matter what kind of person the other guy is. 

I never said it's not "overhyped". Even now I believe it's overhyped and I have my own reasons to believe so, your "explanation" was merely insulting people that didn't agree with you based on some RT ratings that you base your criteria on. Beyond that, you don't seem to have anything else that explains why you think it's a great movie, atleast nothing you've shown on this thread. 

As for your arrogance, you can throw around your ego as much as you would like just be prepared to get answered in the same vein when you try to show yourself as better than everyone else here, no matter how desperately you try to project that. That goes beyond any rules, behave like a d!ck and you'll be shown as one it's simple common sense. That apart I don't see anything here where I have used foul language, just showed your desperate attempts to insult people since they don't agree with you on a movie. I would rather be okay with someone that uses simple insults than puts up an air of sophisticated arrogance claiming to be too good for this DB, yet keeps lingering around here trying to throw his ego. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I never said it's not "overhyped". Even now I believe it's overhyped and I have my own reasons to believe so, your "explanation" was merely insulting people that didn't agree with you based on some RT ratings that you base your criteria on. Beyond that, you don't seem to have anything else that explains why you think it's a great movie, atleast nothing you've shown on this thread. 

As for your arrogance, you can throw around your ego as much as you would like just be prepared to get answered in the same vein when you try to show yourself as better than everyone else here, no matter how desperately you try to project that. That goes beyond any rules, behave like a d!ck and you'll be shown as one it's simple common sense. That apart I don't see anything here where I have used foul language, just showed your desperate attempts to insult people since they don't agree with you on a movie. I would rather be okay with someone that uses simple insults than puts up an air of sophisticated arrogance claiming to be too good for this DB, yet keeps lingering around here trying to throw his ego. 

I don't have to explain to people in this DB. I gave simple explanation - Horror movie with drama is completely different compared to Horror movie with gore. If this doesn't make things clear, I guess I can assume you guys have zero knowledge when it comes to identifying the movie genres. 

You didn't use foul language? Say this to DB folks. What language you used on Siru then? 

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

I don't have to explain to people in this DB. I gave simple explanation - Horror movie with drama is completely different compared to Horror movie with gore. If this doesn't make things clear, I guess I can assume you guys have zero knowledge when it comes to identifying the movie genres. 

You didn't use foul language? Say this to DB folks. What language you used on Siru then? 

I didn't use foul language in this thread or in this context. I can dig instances of people's asinine behavior on this forum as well to try to push my point across desperately, they way you've been trying to do. 

And I've even explained that people do well understand the difference between a horror movie with drama compared to a horror movie with gore, atleast I do. So the issue here might have been with comparing two movies in different sub-genres even with the Horror genre and you could have just left it at that, by demeaning people that prefer one over the other however and stating ratings on RT is where you've lost the plot. 

Anyway no point in dragging this further. I have seen better movies than IT even within the horror drama sub genre and that's my personal opinion. You can choose to differ. 

11 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I didn't use foul language in this thread or in this context. I can dig instances of people's asinine behavior on this forum as well to try to push my point across desperately, they way you've been trying to do. 

And I've even explained that people do well understand the difference between a horror movie with drama compared to a horror movie with gore, atleast I do. So the issue here might have been with comparing two movies in different sub-genres even with the Horror genre and you could have just left it at that, by demeaning people that prefer one over the other however and stating ratings on RT is where you've lost the plot. 

Anyway no point in dragging this further. I have seen better movies than IT even within the horror drama sub genre and that's my personal opinion. You can choose to differ. 

I would have chosen to differ if you and others had said "in my opinion" in your first thread itself. I have no issues with personal opinions. But I do care when people create some kind of echo chamber and create biased information. Some one has to break it. In this case I did. If I had not done this, IT will be concluded as bad movie, which is not the case. 

2 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

I would have chosen to differ if you and others had said "in my opinion" in your first thread itself. I have no issues with personal opinions. But I do care when people create some kind of echo chamber and create biased information. Some one has to break it. In this case I did. If I had not done this, IT will be concluded as bad movie, which is not the case. 

Ayyo&.,*

7 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

Yeah I hear what you mean, it's fine. IT is not a bad movie at all that I agree with. Just not something I would find super great either personally. That settles it.