Dhoni not part of T20I squad to face West Indies and Australia

Kool_SRG

MS Dhoni, India's regular wicketkeeper, has not been named in India's T20I squads to face West Indies and Australia in November.

Squad to face West Indies: Rohit Sharma (C), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Khaleel Ahmed, Umesh Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem

Squad to face Australia Virat Kohli (C), Rohit (vc), Shikhar, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish, DK, Rishabh Pant (wk), Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Washington Sundar, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Khaleel

No Dhoni for Windies and Australia T20Is

Rohit Sharma will lead India in the upcoming T20I series against the Windies with regular skipper Virat Kohli being rested for the three matches against the Caribbean side.

Kohli, though, will be back to captain the team in the three-match T20I series against Australia which begins 10 days after the Windies series comes to an end in November.

MS Dhoni isn't part of both the T20I squads, with Rishabh Pant named as the wicketkeeper by the MSK Prasad-led selection panel, which met in Pune on Friday (October 21).

This will be Rohit's third full series as T20I captain, having led the team earlier in the T20I series against Sri Lanka at home in 2017 followed by the Nidahas Trophy in Sri Lanka in 2018. Rohit had also captained in the ODI series against Sri Lanka in 2017 and the recently-concluded Asia Cup, with India winning all series under his captaincy.

India's first T20I against the Windies is scheduled to be played on November 4 in Kolkata, followed by matches in Lucknow and Chennai on November 6 and November 11 respectively.

India's tour of Australia gets underway with the first T20I to be played in Brisbane on November 21. The Melbourne Cricket Ground will host the second T20I on November 23 followed by the third and final T20I on November 25 at the Sydney Cricket Ground. India then play four Tests and three ODIs, with their Australian tour coming to an end on January 18, 2019.

24 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

MS Dhoni, India's regular wicketkeeper, has not been named in India's T20I squads to face West Indies and Australia in November.

Squad to face West Indies: Rohit Sharma (C), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Dinesh Karthik, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Khaleel Ahmed, Umesh Yadav, Shahbaz Nadeem

Squad to face Australia Virat Kohli (C), Rohit (vc), Shikhar, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish, DK, Rishabh Pant (wk), Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Washington Sundar, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Khaleel

Good to see Krunal in scheme of things...  May be Hardik's absence paved way for him.

@CricPokChic