Delta CEO says government shutdown is costing airline $25 million a month

tacobell fan

The partial government shutdown, now in its 25th day, will cost Delta Air Lines $25 million in lost revenue this month.

CEO Ed Bastian said on CNBC that fewer government contractors are traveling.

He also said the shutdown could delay the launch of the new Airbus 220 jet, which is scheduled to go into service on January 31 from New York's LaGuardia. FAA inspectors, who are currently furloughed, need to certify the airline's operational plans.

Airports are also feeling the pinch. At Delta hub Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, travelers experienced long lines Monday at TSA checkpoints because so many officers were absent.

ad3670cf-d4b5-4d3d-ad98-ef4e7d38ff4f.jpg

8 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

The partial government shutdown, now in its 25th day, will cost Delta Air Lines $25 million in lost revenue this month.

CEO Ed Bastian said on CNBC that fewer government contractors are traveling.

He also said the shutdown could delay the launch of the new Airbus 220 jet, which is scheduled to go into service on January 31 from New York's LaGuardia. FAA inspectors, who are currently furloughed, need to certify the airline's operational plans.

Airports are also feeling the pinch. At Delta hub Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson, travelers experienced long lines Monday at TSA checkpoints because so many officers were absent.

ad3670cf-d4b5-4d3d-ad98-ef4e7d38ff4f.jpg

worst airlines

airlines average but delta vacations is very good service.. they combine every thing like hotel and airfare and theme parks and get huge discounts and specially if u live in detroit where delta is a hub u will love it.. along with delta skymiles platinum or gold card.. here in detroit most people have.. yearly atleast one free trip for family with miles earned 🙂 been delta happy customer since 2011. 🙂  i am so thankful i never expected 77$ on december 18th one way ticket  to hyderabad from detroit by delta specailly through london (during transit 1 free day london trip option with no cost of transit visa) though they took 45k miles where all my friends spent close to 2200$ for round trip to india during same time :-).

4 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

airlines average but delta vacations is very good service.. they combine every thing like hotel and airfare and theme parks and get huge discounts and specially if u live in detroit where delta is a hub u will love it.. along with delta skymiles platinum or gold card.. here in detroit most people have.. yearly atleast one free trip for family with miles earned 🙂 been delta happy customer since 2011. 🙂  i am so thankful i never expected 77$ on december 18th one way ticket  to hyderabad from detroit by delta specailly through london (during transit 1 free day london trip option with no cost of transit visa) though they took 45k miles where all my friends spent close to 2200$ for round trip to india during same time :-).

appudu eppudo vachinattu unnav kaka US nuvvu. nee lanti veterans ni encourage chesi inni years lo nee deggara pindina dabbulu lo oka 0.02% back isthe tappu ledu