Amrita

2 minutes ago, jefferson1 said:

Weather conditions don’t allow me to use bike and I need to drive in bid roads 

all my work is on servers except msoffice 

Ok sorry. 

This my 4th year of working remotely. 

My situation is a bit different.. most of the time BU toh calls lo unta and there is too much of interaction happening ona day to day basis.

I get vexed with phone calls.

BUT, the best part is.. I am completely out of the office gossips and nonsense talks. 

I am busy but in a good way. 

The only disadvantage is.. they expect you to work more as you stay home all the time, doesnt matter even if you work in a different time zone.

Advantage is.. you get to do your weekend routine on a weekday too , like groceries and quick store pickups etc. THis is a blessing to me as I dont have to go to Costco or India store on a weekend where there will be crowd ( may be like 10-15 people) in the store waiting to get their billing done. On a weekday during lunch hours.. I jus go , pick , pay n get home in half or even lesser time than on a weekend.

Inka chala unnai kaani.. its all personal opinion /take on it.

37 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I can't work remotely. Maybe on some weekends, but mostly not. 

does that mean you go to office on some of the weekend? that's really bad...you need to switch ur job

Just now, user789 said:

does that mean you go to office on some of the weekend? that's really bad...you need to switch ur job

Yes, I work on the weekends, for shorter most times (4 hours or so). I like my job, I don't want to switch it.