రుణ మాఫీ implemented by Chase bank - Congrats

Hitman

తొందరలో america లో కూడా చేస్తారేమో ..

Chase Bank forgives all credit card debt for Canadian customers

Canadians who had credit cards with Chase Bank could breathe a sigh of relief Thursday when the company announced it would "forgive" all outstanding debt.

Chase Bank, part of the New York based JPMorgan Chase & Co., closed all credit card accounts in the country in March 2018, Reuters and CBC reported.

Originally, customers were told to continue paying their debt, but the company said Thursday the debt was now cancelled, Reuters reported.

It wasn't immediately clear when the decision was made, but CBC spoke with some Canadians who said they received a letter from Chase this week.

"I was sort of over the moon all last night, with a smile on my face," Douglas Turner of Coe Hill, Ontario, told the Canadian broadcaster. Turner said he still owed more than $4,500 on his card. "I couldn't believe it."

The bank had offered two rewards cards – with Amazon and Marriott – in Canada but declined to say how much debt was forgiven or how many customers were affected, CBC reported. USA TODAY has reached out to Chase for comment.

"It's crazy," Turner added. "This stuff doesn't happen with credit cards. Credit cards are horror stories." The 55-year-old trucker also told CBC that his most recent payment on the account would also be reimbursed. 

Maria Martinez, vice-president of communications for Chase Card Services, told Reuters that the company could have sold the debt to a third party, but forgiving the debt "was a better decision for all parties, including and most importantly our customers."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/flabbergasted-chase-bank-forgives-credit-130519230.html