Chicago woman ignored man's catcalls, so he raped and strangled her, prosecutors say

Sachin200

Donald Thurman, 26, is charged with the first-degree murder and sexual assault of University of Illinois at Chicago sophomore Ruth George, whose body was found Saturday in the backseat of her family's car at a campus parking garage.

Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said Tuesday that Thurman was "angry" that George was ignoring his catcalls and that he followed her into the garage, where he sexually assaulted and killed her around 2 a.m. Saturday morning, according to the Associated Press.

George’s family reported her missing to campus police Saturday, and her phone was tracked to the parking garage, according to the University. The Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office determined her death to be a homicide by strangulation. Campus police announced charges against Thurman Monday.

1 minute ago, Sachin200 said:

@dasari4kntr , ekkada ala behave cheyaru anukunte .

Ekkadanna tappu cheyadam . I am not saying about numbers . In case India lanti desam lone manabangam chestaru ante 

Ekkadaina untadhi baa ivanni, kakapothe US lo quick judgement vastadhi anthe

1 minute ago, JohnSnow said:

Ekkadaina untadhi baa ivanni, kakapothe US lo quick judgement vastadhi anthe

Us lo ala undadhu antadu , judgement ventane isttaru and more strict laws . 

1 minute ago, Meowalpha said:

I can confidently walk alone at 2 am in Palo Alto, I can't confidently walk alone anywhere in India past 9 pm. 

Pal Alto vs anywhere in India - emana comparsion 🤔

Any where in USA vs anywhere in India cheppagalava ?? 

2 minutes ago, Sachin200 said:

Pal Alto vs anywhere in India - emana comparsion 🤔

Any where in USA vs anywhere in India cheppagalava ?? 

Haven't lived in a lot of places in India, haven't lived in a lot of places in the US. I can say anywhere in Bay area vs anywhere in Hyderabad or Vijayawada or Madras. I can walk alone anywhere in the Bay area more confidently, I can take Uber or metro more confidently here than in Hyd/Vjw/Mad. 

4 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

I can confidently walk alone at 2 am in Palo Alto, I can't confidently walk alone anywhere in India past 9 pm. 

Come walk in chicago south side at 2 AM lol

3 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Depends on place and time in India 

3 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Try East Palo Alto, Oakland, SF Tenderloin and say the same thing again. Confidence anedi mindset ni batti untundi. Self defense is a must skill everyone should possess. Dont generalize entire nation for such a heinous act, Also dont generalize an entire nation because your streets are safe. 

8 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Good daily 2am ki walk Chey heart ki manchidi

Just now, Sarai_Veerraju said:

Try East Palo Alto, Oakland, SF Tenderloin and say the same thing again. Confidence anedi mindset ni batti untundi. Self defense is a must skill everyone should possess. Dont generalize entire nation for such a heinous act, Also dont generalize an entire nation because your streets are safe. 

Mugging is different than getting raped. Berkeley lo if you get mugged, you just give them your money. East Palo Alto isn't that bad, atleast more recently. Much better than Beach road in Chennai. Random person won't come and approach you and threaten you, atleast from my experience. 

2 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Haven't lived in a lot of places in India, haven't lived in a lot of places in the US. I can say anywhere in Bay area vs anywhere in Hyderabad or Vijayawada or Madras. I can walk alone anywhere in the Bay area more confidently, I can take Uber or metro more confidently here than in Hyd/Vjw/Mad. 

So clearly you haven't been to places. Nenu mention chesina places varaku enduku, SJC downtown lo tirugu bars shutdown ayyaka, Metro gurinchi matladaku bhayya, Bart ekkadaniki na colleague citizen ey bayapadthadu. Okasari bayata cheekati paddaka VTA bus ekku, num kuda cheptha 22 ey ekku Paloalto loney start avthundi. Nee vennu lo vonuku puttakapothey ara gundu kottukodaniki ready nenu. You'll change your perception.

• Upvote 1