Bushfire Cricket Bash - Legends of Game in Action

Kool_SRG

3 minutes ago, panndu said:

2 days lo match ettukuni venue decide avaledantarendi.. yeppudu ekkada ye time lo naaku teliyaali telisi teeraali sml_gallery_12949_2_178490.gif

Match was supposed to be in Sydney but heavy rain forecast undi anthuke moved to Melbourne now....

14 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Match was supposed to be in Sydney but heavy rain forecast undi anthuke moved to Melbourne now....

adedo munde sesundachuga indoor stadium ettukuni sydney lo pettaru.. intaki match ye tianiki?

8 minutes ago, panndu said:

adedo munde sesundachuga indoor stadium ettukuni sydney lo pettaru.. intaki match ye tianiki?

Sunday, February 9 at Junction Oval

Women’s Commbank T20I – Australia v England

Junction Oval

Start time: 11:40am

Bushfire Cricket Bash

Junction Oval

Start time: 3:15 pm

Bushfire Cricket Bash – Ponting XI v Gilchrist XI @ Junction Oval, 3.15pm AEDT

*All matches broadcast live on Foxtel, Seven Network and Kayo Sports

• Thanks 1

Bushfire Cricket Bash, Ponting XI vs Gilchrist XI: Teams, Match Timings, Broadcast Details

Bushfire Cricket Bash, a star-studded fundraising game for the Australian bushfire victims, is scheduled to be played at Melbourne’s Junction Oval on Sunday (February 9).

Several cricketing superstars have pledged their support to the noble cause and the likes of Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist, Brian Lara, Wasim Akram, Yuvraj Singh will play in the 10-over per side charity game.

Ponting and Gilchrist will be leading the two teams.

Rules of the Bushfire Cricket Bash

The match will have a five-over powerplay, no bowling restrictions, and batters unable to get out from the first ball they face. Bowlers will not have over limits, fielders can sub on and off as it suits, while captains will have the ability to sub batters in and out during an innings.

Teams

Ponting XI: Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (c), Elyse Villani, Brian Lara, Phoebe Litchfield, Brad Haddin (wk), Brett Lee, Wasim Akram, Dan Christian, Luke Hodge.

Coach: Sachin Tendulkar

Gilchrist XI: Adam Gilchrist (c & wk), Shane Watson, Brad Hodge, Yuvraj Singh, Alex Blackwell, Andrew Symonds, Courtney Walsh, Nick Riewoldt, Peter Siddle, Fawad Ahmed, Cameron Smith.

Coach: Tim Paine

Match Timings

The match will start at 4:15 am GMT/ 3:15 pm AEDT/ 9:45 am IST.

Broadcast details

Australia: Foxtel, Channel 7, Kayo Sports.

Free streaming via cricket.com.au and the Cricket Australia Live app.

Radio coverage on ABC

India: Sony SIX, Sony TEN 1

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, Mauritius, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka: Sony Pictures Sports Network

United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man: BT Sport

New Zealand: SkyNZ

Canada: ATN

Fans can also watch it on cricket.com.au, Cricket Australia Live app, cricket.com.au Facebook page.

Ellyse Perry throws a challenge to Sachin Tendulkar at Bushfire Bash; the Master Blaster responds

Sachin-Tendulkar-Ellyse-Perry.jpg

Australia’s Ellyse Perry is arguably one of the best female cricketers ever and she has issued a challenge to one of the best male cricketers ever in the name of a great cause.

Australian Women’s Cricket Team recently posted a video on Twitter, in which Perry can be seen inviting Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar to face an over from her and her teammates during the innings break in the Bushfire Bash at Junction Oval.

“Hi Sachin it is awesome to have you out here supporting the Bushfire match,” Perry said.

“I know you are coaching one of the teams, but a few of us were sitting around chatting and we thought it would be absolutely amazing if you could come out of retirement for one over in the innings break at Junction Oval.

“We’d love to have a bowl to you and obviously fetch a few balls from over the boundary that you’ve hit.

“Potentially we thought it might be a good way to raise a little bit of extra money for the Bushfire appeal, which we know you are doing so much for.

“If you were at all up for it we would love to have you out here and the girls are very keen to field some of the balls that you hit.

“So let us know and thanks again for everything.”

Tendulkar won’t take part in the game in a playing capacity due to a shoulder injury and will coach the Ponting XI instead.

However, it didn’t take long for the Master Blaster to reply on social media, with Tendulkar accepting Perry’s challenge despite advice from his doctor not to play.

“Sounds great Ellyse,” Tendulkar wrote on Twitter.

“I would love to go out there and bat an over (much against the advice of my doctor due to my shoulder injury).

“I hope we can generate enough money for this cause and to get me out there in the middle.”