Looking back at 2006, so many familiar signs of rotten society..

Raven_Rayes

especially the 'middle class' in India.

entire India was burning.  Students in medical colleges, IIT IIMs protested and damanged public  property (yes, it happened). They took out rallies against exension of mandal reservations. I didn't understand why, because I'm unaffected by all that drama.

Their closely guarded 'fortress of merit' was under danger of being invaded by the OBC students and they panicked.

suddenly all apolitical middle class became rage filled, hate filled mouth breathing racist scum. Those that were not filled with this hate, were apathetic to the plight of anyone from the other side.

I still remember I had a fight with a friend of my sister (who she was trying to hook me up with) over this on orkut back in India.. haha.. from the university library. I never spoke to that idiot again.

Thinking back, i was not even political then, and still understood and was proud that only TamilNadu didn't react like this over reservations for the OBC. Although I never cared for the details. It was no brainer for me that lower sections of society deserved to study in public institutions as much as their richer counterparts.

Indian society, esp the middle class upper caste, have always flirted with being evil. Its only 10 yrs later in 2016 when Vemula was killed, that I understood this simple truth.

Have they gotten worse or better? That's the thing, they haven't gotten worse. Its just that the OBC lower class is much more ready to fight now, and the uppercaste are being exposed more and more now.

56 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

If this is mandal commission then it was way beyond 2006 - maybe 1992? but now EWS quota is there - they are mum.

2006 they burned buses and created ruckus all over the country.. these sick fcuks, who now pretend that its wrong to destroy public property.

they think India belongs to them.

I have no recollection of anything from 1992. I was a kid.