Whats wrong with Indian IT people?

ysshakeela

A bit of context: Been a resident of the UK since 12 years and now a (Proud) British Citizen. Working as contractor since 2015 and have given many interviews (Java, Scala, bit of DevOps) for various roles since then. Most of them are for White British but some of them unfortunately are for Pure Indian blood and breed based in Bang,Pune or Hyd. For starters, there will be a huge difference between Perm and Contract roles in the UK unlike in USA where the difference is not very impactful.

Problem: Interview questions from White people are very focussed on the tech they recruit for and I found them very professional. When it comes to the so called TechLeads, TeamLeads from India, I face the same rotta questions which were being asked during 2000's (coincidentally thats about the same time when Babooru's Goebbels propaganda on IT was at its peak). Some of them:

1. Difference between HashMap and HashTable, internals of data storage, equals() and hashCode(), how does Set and List store data on HashMemory.

2. Even though they recruit for Web based applications, they keep on asking questions on 'Multithreading' which is not used at all in the whole code base. But they keep on stressing with things like Synchronization, Fork and Join etc.

3. Also the way they ask annoys me:  'Tell me how ....', 'Tell me when....' instead of like 'Can you explain' or 'Can you please tell' from White people.

4. Especially from TCS's clients, the interview by TCS guys is the most irritating -- They NEVER come online for the interview on time, always 20-30 minutes late and do not even formally apologise. Most of the times, the Agent will call after some 30 minutes and inform that the interview has been cancelled.

Do the guys from the USA too have the same exp with India based Tech Leads?

tenor.gif

Suppose for suppose... Manam Kuda India lo ne vunduntee and If we never had chance to see the world, would we be polite while talking interviews?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CryptoCoinFever said:

Suppose for suppose... Manam Kuda India lo ne vunduntee and If we never had chance to see the world, would we be polite while talking interviews?

Yes I agree with you and have the same view in my mind while typing that part. Living with Whites, things will be very systematic and formal.

What about the rest of the things?

35 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

A bit of context: Been a resident of the UK since 12 years and now a (Proud) British Citizen. Working as contractor since 2015 and have given many interviews (Java, Scala, bit of DevOps) for various roles since then. Most of them are for White British but some of them unfortunately are for Pure Indian blood and breed based in Bang,Pune or Hyd. For starters, there will be a huge difference between Perm and Contract roles in the UK unlike in USA where the difference is not very impactful.

Problem: Interview questions from White people are very focussed on the tech they recruit for and I found them very professional. When it comes to the so called TechLeads, TeamLeads from India, I face the same rotta questions which were being asked during 2000's (coincidentally thats about the same time when Babooru's Goebbels propaganda on IT was at its peak). Some of them:

1. Difference between HashMap and HashTable, internals of data storage, equals() and hashCode(), how does Set and List store data on HashMemory.

2. Even though they recruit for Web based applications, they keep on asking questions on 'Multithreading' which is not used at all in the whole code base. But they keep on stressing with things like Synchronization, Fork and Join etc.

3. Also the way they ask annoys me:  'Tell me how ....', 'Tell me when....' instead of like 'Can you explain' or 'Can you please tell' from White people.

4. Especially from TCS's clients, the interview by TCS guys is the most irritating -- They NEVER come online for the interview on time, always 20-30 minutes late and do not even formally apologise. Most of the times, the Agent will call after some 30 minutes and inform that the interview has been cancelled.

tenor.gif

madhya lo baboru gurthochadu enti bujja?

oldage tech leads pani chese companies ki interview endhuku isthunav ?

ne range ki taggattu interview undali ante, faang or spotify , sap lanti companies iivu

ilanti erri fooku 10ngaleni mangalavaram posts vese pani undadhu 

4 minutes ago, nuvvu_naakina_paalem said:

ne range ki taggattu interview undali ante, faang or spotify , sap lanti companies iivu

Ok according to you JP Morgan (London & Glasgow) which is client of TCS is a Mangalavaram Company right?

11 minutes ago, nuvvu_naakina_paalem said:

Abbo, yeedho peddha Indians ante ee companies lo maatrame work cheyyali ani build up isthunnava?

You know India ranks 31 on HackerRank 'Ability to Code' which is very close to USA at 25, which is again due to many Indians dominating the IT job market.

12 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

Ok according to you JP Morgan (London & Glasgow) which is client of TCS is a Mangalavaram Company right?

TCS involve yindhi ante mangalavarame.

30 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

Yes I agree with you and have the same view in my mind while typing that part. Living with Whites, things will be very systematic and formal.

What about the rest of the things?

This is what I think.

Might be of two reasons:

Who don't update themselves - this is nothing to do with nationality but individual capabilities

May be they don't know other way nothing better to compare too.

1 hour ago, ysshakeela said:

tenor.gif

Nothing wrong....they are the same...Scratching And GIF - Scratching And Dashing GIFs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ysshakeela said:

tenor.gif

Exact same in the US. They never interview on time and are extremely unprofessional about showing up on time. Plus normally are rude. 

Dont bother with the WITCH mafia 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CryptoCoinFever said:

Indian standards prakram desi interviewers are polite. British and American standards prakaram they are not .