The overrated malayalam cinema

Telugodura456

To me some malayalam cinema and tamil cinema and that bangali cinema too seems to be made for outsiders observing native people. it never represents the soul of people. Look at that manirathnam movie roja or geetanjali - there is no fludity in dailogues, trying to forcibly appear  as sophisticated.

I think telugu cinema truly celebrates the soul of the telugu people and culture - it rarely appears artificial nor does it care  about how outsiders watch it.

Even though there are issues like caste etc - this is how cinema must be. When we fix caste issues too it will be fixed powerfully.

look at how well industry made Palasa 1978 and look at the nonsense of lagaan clearly made for outsiders.

2 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

To me some malayalam cinema and tamil cinema and that bangali cinema too seems to be made for outsiders observing native people. it never represents the soul of people. Look at that manirathnam movie roja or geetanjali - there is no fludity in dailogues, trying to forcibly appear  as sophisticated.

I think telugu cinema truly celebrates the soul of the telugu people and culture - it rarely appears artificial nor does it care  about how outsiders watch it.

Even though there are issues like caste etc - this is how cinema must be. When we fix caste issues too it will be fixed powerfully.

look at how well industry made Palasa 1978 and look at the nonsense of lagaan clearly made for outsiders.

bro , machine arustundi

telugu movies lo lot of things are artificial , the hero going to heroine's house type movie antha fake pakodi , reality lo ekkada atla jaragadu , also the fights are not at all normal and defy gravity and laws of physics

but I do agree with your point that telugu movies celebrate telugu people and culture and do not care much about external optics..

8 hours ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

telugu cinema kuda em untadi, ippati trend aithe hero full rich.. 90s trend aithe oorlo zamindars.. why hero don't belong to lower classes..? 

There are many such movies. And they always look more authentic than lagaan or other nonsense. oorlo zamindar was a hero ? they were tons of movies where zamindars were villans - infact in entire 80s they were many movies like manavuri pandavalu etc where zamindar is the villian and chinna kaaru rythu is the hero.

8 hours ago, Peddayana said:

bro , machine arustundi

telugu movies lo lot of things are artificial , the hero going to heroine's house type movie antha fake pakodi , reality lo ekkada atla jaragadu , also the fights are not at all normal and defy gravity and laws of physics

but I do agree with your point that telugu movies celebrate telugu people and culture and do not care much about external optics..

ofcourse - there is exaggeration. but your second point is what i agree.

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

There are many such movies. And they always look more authentic than lagaan or other nonsense. oorlo zamindar was a hero ? they were tons of movies where zamindars were villans - infact in entire 80s they were many movies like manavuri pandavalu etc where zamindar is the villian and chinna kaaru rythu is the hero.

that ended in 80s.. never saw many movies after that.. rangasthalam is one such movie which came recently, which comes bit near.. 

5 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

that ended in 80s.. never saw many movies after that.. rangasthalam is one such movie which came recently, which comes bit near.. 

MV5BOGQ4ODJhNTEtZmIzYS00ODdkLTk1MzUtMTI21581314020125_watchvarshamonline1920x108

3 minutes ago, nag_mama said:

MV5BOGQ4ODJhNTEtZmIzYS00ODdkLTk1MzUtMTI21581314020125_watchvarshamonline1920x108

jayam is bit in the category, varsham is just love story.. but did you see asuran movie? perfect movie to showcase class clashes.

8 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

jayam is bit in the category, varsham is just love story.. but did you see asuran movie? perfect movie to showcase class clashes.

Asuran seems overated for me. May be it depicts caste/class clashes related TN. I feel the like TS said Palasa 1978 looks more authentic to me. 

12 minutes ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

Asuran seems overated for me. May be it depicts caste/class clashes related TN. I feel the like TS said Palasa 1978 looks more authentic to me. 

didn't see palasa, should watch once