‘No problem if someone else leads’: Mamata Banerjee on Oppn face for 2024 polls

bhaigan

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday remained non-committal when asked if she would be the face of the Opposition to take on the ruling BJP in the 2024 Lok Sabha polls.

“I am not a political astrologer. It depends on the situation, structure. I have no problem if someone else leads. When the matter is discussed we can decide. I cannot impose,” Banerjee told reporters amid several signals of increasing Opposition unity.

On the leadership issue, she said: “I want to help all the opposition parties to bell the cat. I don’t want to be a leader, but a simple cadre.”

The TMC supremo met Congress president Sonia Gandhi later in the day at her residence in Janpath, where Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was present as well. She stated that they discussed various issues like the Pegasus row, Covid-19 and Opposition unity.

“Sonia ji invited me for tea, Rahul ji was also there. It was a very good meeting,” Banerjee said. She asserted that “it is essential for everyone to come together in order to defeat BJP. Alone, I am nothing.”

Banerjee is also expected to meet Aam Aadmi Party chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday. On Tuesday, she had met Congress leaders Anand Sharma and Kamal Nath before meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“I maintain good relations with most of the chief ministers, including Jagan Mohan Reddy (Andhra Pradesh), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), and Stalin (Tamil Nadu),” she said earlier in the day. “After Parliament session, there will be talks, there should be a common platform to work together,” she told reporters, adding that she would be talking to all parties.

I want to see sachcha din, bahut acha din dekh liya (I want to see truthful days, we have seen enough ‘good days’)” Banerjee quipped while taking potshots at the BJP’s poll slogan.

Speaking about the Pegasus snooping row, which has stalled Parliament proceedings multiple times as the Opposition leaders continue to protest against the alleged surveillance, the West Bengal CM said, “The Centre should have taken suo moto move to have a probe into the allegations. In a democracy, you need to respond. The situation is very bad, worse than Emergency.”

On Tuesday, following her meeting with PM Modi, Banerjee stated that he should convene an all-party meet to discuss the Pegasus issue and decide on a Supreme Court-led probe.

Meanwhile, Opposition leaders held a meeting both on Tuesday and Wednesday and decided to chalk out the future course of action on several issues in both the Houses, including the Pegasus row, farm laws and price rise. Sources in the Opposition camp have also claimed that the government side had indicated that it was ready for a discussion on any subject, barring the Pegasus revelations.

14 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday remained non-committal when asked if she would be the face of the Opposition to take on the ruling BJP in the 2024 Lok Sabha polls.

“I am not a political astrologer. It depends on the situation, structure. I have no problem if someone else leads. When the matter is discussed we can decide. I cannot impose,” Banerjee told reporters amid several signals of increasing Opposition unity.

On the leadership issue, she said: “I want to help all the opposition parties to bell the cat. I don’t want to be a leader, but a simple cadre.”

The TMC supremo met Congress president Sonia Gandhi later in the day at her residence in Janpath, where Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was present as well. She stated that they discussed various issues like the Pegasus row, Covid-19 and Opposition unity.

“Sonia ji invited me for tea, Rahul ji was also there. It was a very good meeting,” Banerjee said. She asserted that “it is essential for everyone to come together in order to defeat BJP. Alone, I am nothing.”

Banerjee is also expected to meet Aam Aadmi Party chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday. On Tuesday, she had met Congress leaders Anand Sharma and Kamal Nath before meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“I maintain good relations with most of the chief ministers, including Jagan Mohan Reddy (Andhra Pradesh), Naveen Patnaik (Odisha), and Stalin (Tamil Nadu),” she said earlier in the day. “After Parliament session, there will be talks, there should be a common platform to work together,” she told reporters, adding that she would be talking to all parties.

I want to see sachcha din, bahut acha din dekh liya (I want to see truthful days, we have seen enough ‘good days’)” Banerjee quipped while taking potshots at the BJP’s poll slogan.

Speaking about the Pegasus snooping row, which has stalled Parliament proceedings multiple times as the Opposition leaders continue to protest against the alleged surveillance, the West Bengal CM said, “The Centre should have taken suo moto move to have a probe into the allegations. In a democracy, you need to respond. The situation is very bad, worse than Emergency.”

On Tuesday, following her meeting with PM Modi, Banerjee stated that he should convene an all-party meet to discuss the Pegasus issue and decide on a Supreme Court-led probe.

Meanwhile, Opposition leaders held a meeting both on Tuesday and Wednesday and decided to chalk out the future course of action on several issues in both the Houses, including the Pegasus row, farm laws and price rise. Sources in the Opposition camp have also claimed that the government side had indicated that it was ready for a discussion on any subject, barring the Pegasus revelations.

She is a beech… none other than rahul gandhi raised voice on all issues over last 7 years… no regional leader has spine, it’s all media and BJP manipulation to project local leaders this demoralizing congress cadre

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JackSeal said:

She is a beech… none other than rahul gandhi raised voice on all issues over last 7 years… no regional leader has spine, it’s all media and BJP manipulation to project local leaders this demoralizing congress cadre

Dude stop it man she has spine and guts and won over BJP

15 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

Dude stop it man she has spine and guts and won over BJP

she lost her own seat and now cannot continue as CM after november if modi doesnt pity on her and announce bi-election. thats the reason she went to delhi to personally meet him basically fall on his feet and beg for CM position

31 minutes ago, rightwar said:

she lost her own seat and now cannot continue as CM after november if modi doesnt pity on her and announce bi-election. thats the reason she went to delhi to personally meet him basically fall on his feet and beg for CM position

evaru bend ayyaro ekkada… 

94tsq5so_pm-modi-mamata-banerjee650_625x

14 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Modi height ki meekala bend ainattu anipisthundhi bro pottidhi kadha didi

17 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

4 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

Modi ne bend ayyadu

That is Mamata

Mamata potti man anduke kinda pettadu head.... Aina Ladies ni gouravinchatam and ardam cheesukovatam lo India lo Modi ... USA lo @TOM_BHAYYA... 5gavml.gif