Congratulations Daniil Medvedev- US Open 2021!!!

karthik25

1 minute ago, karthik25 said:

Kummesav ra.. congratulations. Straight sets lo Djokovic ni kottatadam is a great achievement _/\_

Guess a new icon for Fedal fans :D 

Sania better than this guy ba

10 minutes ago, MiryaIgudaMaruthiRao said:

Sania better than this guy ba

First grand slam bhayya.. always special and great.

Also, its not just that he made Djokovic a little more for his 21st. But he also stopped him from winning all the four slams in a calendar year. I don't know when was the last time someone achieved this. And Djokovic may never get it again in his career.. you never know!

Also, next gen players ravali. For very long men's tennis is just around the big three- Fed, Rafa and Novak

48 minutes ago, Epic said:

Feel bad for Dj for missing calendar GS! hopefully not his last shot.

Calendar slam not easy. Really a missed shot. Last 1969 lo evado kattdandta. Rafa gadu French open brutal dominance valla last 15 years evariki chance lekunda chesadu. He may continue that a couple of years more. Appatike Djoker age 36 untadi. He may not get another chance.

48 minutes ago, Epic said:

Calendar slam not easy. Really a missed shot. Last 1969 lo evado kattdandta. Rafa gadu French open brutal dominance valla last 15 years evariki chance lekunda chesadu. He may continue that a couple of years more. Appatike Djoker age 36 untadi. He may not get another chance.

14 hours ago, karthik25 said:

Also, its not just that he made Djokovic a little more for his 21st. But he also stopped him from winning all the four slams in a calendar year. I don't know when was the last time someone achieved this. And Djokovic may never get it again in his career.. you never know!

Also, next gen players ravali. For very long men's tennis is just around the big three- Fed, Rafa and Novak

1969 by Rod Laver. 

Once in a century record adi, no one except Djokovic came that close to claiming it. For that alone, he's the greatest of all time. No doubt about it

12 hours ago, karthik25 said:

Tennis ki kotha la unnavu, Rod Laver won it 2 times in 1962(Amateur era) and again in 1969(Professional era/open era)

Rod Laver was in the stadium watching the game yesterday, Australian Open aade stadium peru Rod Laver arena. 

Ala alavokaga evado kattdandta ani teesi paresavante tennis choodatam kotha ga modalettav anukuntunna. That's okay, just saying. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, karthik25 said:

You are right, he won't get another chance like this. 

He's also getting older and the new gen is getting stronger. Proof is Alexander Zverev, okappudu Djokovic used to beat him in every Grand slam. This time he pushed Djokovic to 5 sets in the semi finals, so they are getting better and better. 

12 hours ago, karthik25 said:

Kastame adi jaragadam. 

Thiem will be raring to win the Roland Garros trophy, second best clay courter of the past 5 years after Rafa vaadu. 

If Rafa doesn't recover 100% by then, inko Roland Garros win avvadam kastame. 

13 hours ago, Epic said:

Even Djokovic knows this was his last and only shot. 

That's okay, it's an almost impossible record to achieve

14 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

1969 by Rod Laver. 

Once in a century record adi, no one except Djokovic came that close to claiming it. For that alone, he's the greatest of all time. No doubt about it

I enjoy watching Fed and Rafa more than Djokovic. I don't remember if I ever cheered for Djokovic. But I have no doubt that he is the GOAT. 

Federer won most of his GS before 2010 and I feel he had less competition at that time. Competition wise, Rafa had to face the most in these three. He had Fed before him and Djokovic after him. But being the king of clay gave him huge adv to make his count 20. 

But Djoker gaadu different. He doesn't have the elegance of Federer. He doesn't play banana-like shots like Rafa. He is not the crowd favorite. US open crowds ayite mari hostile towards him.

He won them against all odds. aadu choopinchina mental strength, i have never seen from anyone in any sport. Maybe Dhoni. But you can't really compare players of diff sports. 

He should have backed off from olympics. May be he was aiming for golden slam. Next olympics, he would be 37 making his chances more difficult. So, ee year e kottali anukunnademo. 

But faking injuries, tryng to break the games flow and all.. not good.

I am sure he would bag a few more GS and it may take a couple of decades or more for someone to break the record.

• Upvote 1

Medvedev deserved this title, just amazing. He is very unpredictable in his serves and that made a big difference in this match. He went to courts at 9 am on the day of finals which is 6 hrs before match starts and practiced his weak areas which Djokovic targets most of the time and it’s all paid off at the end. He very well deserved this title!!