Pakis going to occupy Punjab?, capt amarinder singh resigns as Punjab CM

NiranjanGaaru

19 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

so you are accusing India of being secular before 2014?

Did I? I don't think so. Ok since you asked, state policy has nothing to do with the peoples' sentiments. You know how the real world works, to accept it or not is up to one self.

48 minutes ago, ObiWan said:

Did I? I don't think so. Ok since you asked, state policy has nothing to do with the peoples' sentiments. You know how the real world works, to accept it or not is up to one self.

Yes, that's what you did. It looked like you were claiming that Hindus woke up from some slumber to catch up to the 'general bigotry of the majority' that is endemic to South Asia.

btw, who are these 'people' whose sentiments make the 'real word' mechanics possible? Are they the majority? Given that BJP wins 38% of the vote, with a 67% turnout, it looks like this Hindu resurgence is limited to about 25% of the voting population, even if you assume every BJP voter subscribing to Sanghi bigoted vision for India (which they don't).

I'm not denying that BJP sold their bigoted vision for India better than other parties did their progressive vision, but this was not always inevitable as you claim. This bigotry was engineered from the ground up, and not an organic outpouring of Hindu nationalist emotion, and had several things lining up right. For eg. increase in wealth among Hindus, in general.

You want people who fight against this bigotry to give up, perhaps. I hope they don't. and keep fighting.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Yes, that's what you did. It looked like you were claiming that Hindus woke up from some slumber to catch up to the 'general bigotry of the majority' that is endemic to South Asia.

btw, who are these 'people' whose sentiments make the 'real word' mechanics possible? Are they the majority? Given that BJP wins 38% of the vote, with a 67% turnout, it looks like this Hindu resurgence is limited to about 25% of the voting population, even if you assume every BJP voter subscribing to Sanghi bigoted vision for India (which they don't).

I'm not denying that BJP sold their bigoted vision for India better than other parties did their progressive vision, but this was not always inevitable as you claim. This bigotry was engineered from the ground up, and not an organic outpouring of Hindu nationalist emotion, and had several things lining up right. For eg. increase in wealth among Hindus, in general.

You want people who fight against this bigotry to give up, perhaps. I hope they don't. and keep fighting.

Good Luck!