Garikapati comments are taken out of context ... See this full video before blaming him

hunkyfunky2

10 minutes ago, JustChill_Mama said:

You can find hundred such clips from his speeches which are inline with progressive / feminists.. unfortunately, only bad news/ negative content spreads fast now a days. 

I listen to RGV and him - I know what to take and what not to take - both are right 95% of the time. I was supposed to be happy for him getting padmasri , but threads in reddit / twitter bothered me a lot. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

You can find hundred such clips from his speeches which are inline with progressive / feminists.. unfortunately, only bad news/ negative content spreads fast now a days. 

I listen to RGV and him - I know what to take and what not to take - both are right 95% of the time. I was supposed to be happy for him getting padmasri , but threads in reddit / twitter bothered me a lot. 

True. Small mayi @workless_barber

she always tries to be in line light. Too much of attention seeking. Garikapati kuda chepparu kadha …. Nenu anna context veru. Vallu Nannu vimarshisthe vimarshinchanandi. I don’t bother ani … 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

lol. ee garikapati evaro I don't know. but athanu chesina comments ki alaanti response aey vasthadi.

Even the awesome Ursula LeGuin - a pathbreaking speculative fiction author and also a feminist, was pillored for having a r@pe scene in her most famous book - The Dispossessed. There the hero, who's from another planet simply forces himself on a woman who keeps teasing him and flirting with him, because he thought it was his cue that she wanted s3x from him. He feels bad afterwards, but Ursula when asked about this horrific behaviour from the hero, actually doubled down on her opinion that there is no need for women to dress provocatively. To this day, many discussions about her are prefaced with this ugly fact about her, because she never apologized for making it.

what do you mean 'right' 95% of the time? who decides that? How are you so sure about your judgement? You come across as full of yourself, completely blind to your own survivorship bias, and you obviously don't seek alternative opinion on things that you believe to be 'right'.

Anyway garikapati's comments, even taken in full context, are misogynist. Because he's making moral statements, and pushing the onus of that morality on the women, and not on the men. Why can't he preach to the guys to keep their d1cks in their pants even if they see a fully unclothed woman? RGV does the same thing. He confuses his personal convenience for morality.

I know you're gonna make the argument that biological urges can't be fought. But biological urge to not have s3x with a particular person is as strong as the one to have it. So the moral question becomes - Can you force someone to have s3x with you, if they don't want to.

Saying that women should dress in a particular way as to not invite attention of men is simply another way of virtue signalling to the men that their sexual transgressions, even if unwelcome, are wholly understandable, since its biological. But mating habits are not just biological, they are also cultural. For eg. you don't lust after your friend's wife, even though you think she's gorgeous. why?

why can't similar attitudes be trained for culturally, wrt dressing from women? Why dismiss all men as simply waiting for their chance to pounce on a woman who shows skin? It simply shows what garikapati himself thinks about stuff like this. And that's why listening to him is bs.

16 minutes ago, JustChill_Mama said:

she always tries to be in line light. Too much of attention seeking. Garikapati kuda chepparu kadha …. Nenu anna context veru. Vallu Nannu vimarshisthe vimarshinchanandi. I don’t bother ani … 

its unsurprising. people like garikapati don't engage in conversations. Its too hard for them to be questioned publicly.

whatever chinmayi may be - btw, she's an impressive singer. but she's not supporting perversion of others like garikapati is doing.

20 minutes ago, JustChill_Mama said:

Aianaa ee rojullo evariki vallu chadivi or experience chesi telusukoleni lazy buggers ilanti hired pravachanists ni popular chestunnaru

this is my pravachanam

okay-glitter.gif

• Haha 1

frankly it's more about the attitude of women, some women look sexy in jeans some look natural in jeans... I find some women really hot in chudidars and sarees. Graikipati should have avoided such comments, they bring bad name to entire good narrative

7 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

frankly it's more about the attitude of women, some women look sexy in jeans some look natural in jeans... I find some women really hot in chudidars and sarees. Graikipati should have avoided such comments, they bring bad name to entire good narrative

agree... but that is 0.001% of thousands of hours his speeches.  

6 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

don't strain yourself.

garikapati will never ever ever catch up to society and its changes. He'll always be a force that tries to pull people back from progressing forward.

1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

agree... but that is 0.001% of thousands of hours his speeches.  

so? Ursula LeGuin got criticized for saying the same thing. When she was obviously not just a feminist, but also gender neutral writer. She wrote one whole book where the main character falls in love with someone who can change s3x at will.

garikapati is a traditionalist? do you expect feminists to celebrate such people?

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

I like Rgv more than this guy. No political correctness bullshit, blunt , non sugar coated. 

2 hours ago, redsox said:

Lol, why do people go to so much trouble to defend this guy? He’s misogynistic. It’s a fact!

Male feminists aka manginas are dangerous than feminists bro.

1 minute ago, Scurvy said:

Male feminists aka manginas are dangerous than feminists bro.

yeah bro. silly beta males who can't find partners are offended by cock blocking male feminists, since they can't actually challenge the one alpha who actually took his girl. lol.

6 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

I like Rgv more than this guy. No political correctness bullshit, blunt , non sugar coated. 

rgv blabbers a lot of bs. high school level stuff.