Any data scientists here?

hotlantian

23 minutes ago, pahelwan1 said:

Aslau gee data scientists em chestaru vayya lafut excel mida work chestara. Mala vallaki antha pay na. Orey ceo cto kodkullara miru money ivalsindi developers ki ra mari 45$ endi Java dev ki Malla spring boot, spring rest hibernate anni ravali. 

$45 ki kuda chesthunnara vaa inka Java la

2 hours ago, kasi said:

what are your needs n necessaries 

Joined online applied data science program. It’s a 12 week course. I am coming from a Java background and for me it looks like so much of theory and you need to have a good mathematics equations statistics. And there is tons of plotting I feel it is very tough to remember everything. Not sure should I proceed with this course or not 

On 2/4/2022 at 2:30 PM, hotlantian said:

Joined online applied data science program. It’s a 12 week course. I am coming from a Java background and for me it looks like so much of theory and you need to have a good mathematics equations statistics. And there is tons of plotting I feel it is very tough to remember everything. Not sure should I proceed with this course or not 

i am not exactly sure what the question is here

Yes, if you want to be a  real DS, you need to know

Calculus/Linear Algebra/ Statistics - Create Data Models 

SQL - reading data 

Python(or Scala) - create jobs

Data Viz(`Tableau/Power BI) - display the data

if you are a Java Dev, i dont think this should be really hard, might be a shift in Tech or ways of working. But this is a beautiful area and you will love working in it 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kasi said:

i am not exactly sure what the question is here

Yes, if you want to be a  real DS, you need to know

Calculus/Linear Algebra/ Statistics - Create Data Models 

SQL - reading data 

Python(or Scala) - create jobs

Data Viz(`Tableau/Power BI) - display the data

if you are a Java Dev, i dont think this should be really hard, might be a shift in Tech or ways of working. But this is a beautiful area and you will love working in it 

Thank you. I’m still at the very beginning and I might start liking it by the end of the course.