What would you teach your kid first?

Raven_Rayes

first I would teach logic. formal and mathematical logic

next statistics. how to actually read a scientific paper, and not believe bs on pop media. or ultra confident quacks who'll make all sorts of claims against pop media to be considered cool.

I think both of these is mostly enough to create a well rounded individual.

I'm constantly afraid that kids may end up fascists. which at some point, they will dabble with especially when you raise them to be independent thinkers and explorers, I understand. But hopefully they get out of that phase soon enough to not hurt themselves and others.

17 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

First teach that we shouldn’t cry on neighbor baa. Mana desi blood lo unde innate quality e adhi by birth

desi blood lo em ledhu. its fine.

its the culture we need to consciously change.

5 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

He will become wise by learning on his own.

what you feed is only knowledge, but not wisdom

wise like? Jordan Peterson? randomly making incoherent bs claims with authority that is not earned?

what's the structure within which this learning happens? Do you want your kid to be a dumbfcuk arguing about how cigarettes raise the risk of cancer by 1800%, based on a paper that claims that as the relative risk of smokers developing lung cancer, or do you want to teach him how to peruse that claim to end up actual risk of lung cancer from cigarettes is about 0.9% more?

we don't feed knowledge. We introduce them to the structure of how knowledge can be more effectively absorbed. since knowledge is a process, and is gained by exchange of information. Not in isolation. or through 'wisdom'. wisdom is completely overrated.

17 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

He will become wise by learning on his own.

what you feed is only knowledge, but not wisdom

I agree. We don’t have to train them as per our knowledge, they can learn by themselves 

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

I agree. We don’t have to train them as per our knowledge, they can learn by themselves 

ahaan.. so why are parents wasting time sending their kids to all sorts of extra curricular activities. and math, language classes?

24 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

ahaan.. so why are parents wasting time sending their kids to all sorts of extra curricular activities. and math, language classes?

It’s their interest don’t force anything, they are not ur life or you can force ur life on them 

Just now, DesiPokiri said:

It’s their interest don’t force anything, they are not ur life or you can force ur life on them 

dude. did you forget the claim you made previously?

that children can learn by themselves? By sending them to a particular class, you are providing them with the access to the structure within which they will learn it.

its not learning by themselves.

not all kids are capable of learning by themselves.