Texas lo 800K house ki yearly tax enta

chandrabhai7

5 minutes ago, no01 said:

but does this applies to newly closed house? lets say u bought it for 800K but nee neighbors with same sq.ft but they bought it pre-covid times for 450-500K, valla house value kuda increase avthundi but property tax wont...kani nuvvu 800K ke tax kattali anukunta kada? or will county folks do an avg of all the houses within that community? how does it work exactly?

County does avg. Atleast what they did for me . They also sent letters asking for my purchase price which I haven’t provided cause I already submitted copy of my sale deed. 
not sure if they even looked at it lol

5 minutes ago, no01 said:

but does this applies to newly closed house? lets say u bought it for 800K but nee neighbors with same sq.ft but they bought it pre-covid times for 450-500K, valla house value kuda increase avthundi but property tax wont...kani nuvvu 800K ke tax kattali anukunta kada? or will county folks do an avg of all the houses within that community? how does it work exactly?

2 minutes ago, no01 said:

naa house kuda county folks increased it a bit, because couple house in my lane were sold recently for higher prices. But I closed it 4 yrs ago for lesser price. Evado ekkuva petti konte, vaadi valla naku tax perigindhi....of course property value increased, kani only if I sell my house, I wont see those profits but yr-yr tax was increased a bit. Avg theestharu ani chepparu...so that old owners are not taxed high ani....not sure exactly

Your residence homestead is protected from future appraisal value increase in excess of 10% per year from the date of the last appraisal plus the value of any new improvements. - Texas State Law

The state caps property value increases at 10% each year, but this cap does not protect new homeowners or commercial properties. Even a 10% increase in appraised value is significant.

10% of property value  so 2-3% of that is max increase for existing..