Elon wants Twitter to be "wechat" of west

Telugodura456

4 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

bascially china apps tiktok, wechat are comparable to facebook, google etc who have full access to american wealth and universities.

india nunchi international aina app okkati ledhu.

karanam thelidhu.

the major reason tiktok, wechat are successful in China is there is no competition, there are no western competitors for the same in china without complying with chinese firewall restrictions. google came into china in the late 2000's with big statements - chinese 5000 year old civilization, we need to have similar patience ani. but they left after chinese raided their offices for showing without chinese firewalls and attack on their source code - or atleast google claimed that when leaving china for good.

If twitter and youtube available from before then based on user base the wechat and tiktok popularity would have been less or would have been bought out by the western conglomerates before they become big.

4 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

koo app inka edho tiktok competitor app ..india lo pettaru kadha ..yem gathi ? atleast india lo aina populay ayyara despite govt full backing ?

Indian govt doesn't officially back Koo - atleast not yet, its one of the many platforms they encourage, being Indian and so on. you can see that the govt ministers and official govt announcements come through twitter and not exclusively through koo app, which they would do if they were backing Koo.

If tomorrow facebook, twitter and youtube were banned, then in a span of few years you will see Indian companies take off like they did in China.

4 minutes ago, telugu_fan said:

the major reason tiktok, wechat are successful in China is there is no competition, there are no western competitors for the same in china without complying with chinese firewall restrictions. google came into china in the late 2000's with big statements - chinese 5000 year old civilization, we need to have similar patience ani. but they left after chinese raided their offices for showing without chinese firewalls and attack on their source code - or atleast google claimed that when leaving china for good.

If twitter and youtube available from before then based on user base the wechat and tiktok popularity would have been less or would have been bought out by the western conglomerates before they become big.

Indian govt doesn't officially back Koo - atleast not yet, its one of the many platforms they encourage, being Indian and so on. you can see that the govt ministers and official govt announcements come through twitter and not exclusively through koo app, which they would do if they were backing Koo.

If tomorrow facebook, twitter and youtube were banned, then in a span of few years you will see Indian companies take off like they did in China.

babu tiktok was succesful worldwide ..not just in china. Facebook tried super hard ..youtube also to beat it but failed.

Yes wechat was only in china. what is being praised about wechat is its features and innovation.

Indian govt banned tiktok. there is no credible foriegn competition to tiktok in india too. But still "desi" atlrenates failed.

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

babu tiktok was succesful worldwide ..not just in china. Facebook tried super hard ..youtube also to beat it but failed.

Yes wechat was only in china. what is being praised about wechat is its features and innovation.

Indian govt banned tiktok. there is no credible foriegn competition to tiktok in india too. But still "desi" atlrenates failed.

The point is not if they are successful or not but to see why some are more successful than others even when they start before or after.

Do you truly think tiktok which had some growth in the chinese markets and was able to duplicate it in the rest of the world ( a twitter version of youtube if you will with short videos) targeting people with even shorter attention spans would be successful in market where there are western competitors. they would not have allowed it to grow and would either be acquired or killed with similar features ( you could see certain similarities with insta and snapchat).

In your intention to elevate China, you are missing some key points. Tiktok and wechat were incubated in China where there was no credible opposition for them and they had govt backing them. They grew their user base first and then revenues due to lack of any credible competition. Alibaba business also grew and now they are so big that they can sustain it, same with Huawei.

India banned tiktok and there is "no local alternative" (as in Indian company) when it comes to video streaming a la you tube itself. Most of the tik tok space has been filled with youtube shorts where youtube itself rose to the challenge and is filling it up rapidly because it sees tiktok as global competitor and tiktok was in US govt sights under trump as well.

No Indian entreprenuer will start something now as its monopolized and unless he or she has something new to offer and has user coming in droves. If you can trace back a set of people complained after tiktok was banned as they were earning good amount of money through tiktok videos. A new user will have the issue of capital payment, something which is a less of an issue with youtube and its ad revenues.

19 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

but in this concept introducing BOTS are  ridiculous…which i blame old management for this idea…what bots do is spam instead of microblogging…

why is it ridiculous? It used to be the best thing about Twitter - an open API that anyone could build apps around. And they closed it later.

I think Elon doesn't have a clue what he's doing and will fcuk up twitter. or may be not.

either way, I think twitter is a thing of the past. people will catch on to the next thing, and these people's delusions about twitter being some 'public square' is just their god complex talking.

big bunch of jokers.

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

why is it ridiculous? It used to be the best thing about Twitter - an open API that anyone could build apps around. And they closed it later.

I think Elon doesn't have a clue what he's doing and will fcuk up twitter. or may be not.

either way, I think twitter is a thing of the past. people will catch on to the next thing, and these people's delusions about twitter being some 'public square' is just their god complex talking.

big bunch of jokers.

real people tweets out their mind…bots are programs…

i am strongly criticizing the all purpose app approach which kills the core microblogging…

13 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am strongly criticizing the all purpose app approach which kills the core microblogging…

bots help you to gather data and curate your experience. its not useful for regular users, but hackers and developers that want to have fun with the site.

twitter closed its API, and now Elon is talking about bot problem.. the actual problem is that there are not enough bots. not that there are several. its not the count, its the closing of Twitter API that is the problem. and given Elon's public statements he's not gonna open it again.

Elon pretty sure doesn't know wtf he's talking about wrt twitter or social media in general.

people speaking their mind is just a small portion of social media. and the least interesting aspect of it.

16 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

all bots currently on twitter are heavily curated by the company. those that exist outside their 'allowed bots' are regularly deleted and purged.

I follow quite a lot of p0rn content on twitter (that's literally the only thing I do on twitter), whose accounts are regularly purged and I have to look for alternate sources over and over. Its the cost of maintaining a social media site. There will be million of spam accounts. If you think you can destroy all spam accounts, then I have a bridge to sell you.

If Elon has a problem with curated bots that are part of the DAU now, I can't imagine what his business plan for twitter is, even. How does he expect to make money if he won't allow advertisers to run bots on his site?

This is ofcourse the smaller problem with closing Twitter API. The larger problem is one of an opportunity lost for a more decentralized microblogging ecosystem with twitter at the top. Twitter has been closed for a decade now.. and mostly uninteresting. Full of lies and crap.. even without the bots.

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

all bots currently on twitter are heavily curated by the company. those that exist outside their 'allowed bots' are regularly deleted and purged.

I follow quite a lot of p0rn content on twitter (that's literally the only thing I do on twitter), whose accounts are regularly purged and I have to look for alternate sources over and over. Its the cost of maintaining a social media site. There will be million of spam accounts. If you think you can destroy all spam accounts, then I have a bridge to sell you.

If Elon has a problem with curated bots that are part of the DAU now, I can't imagine what his business plan for twitter is, even. How does he expect to make money if he won't allow advertisers to run bots on his site?

This is ofcourse the smaller problem with closing Twitter API. The larger problem is one of an opportunity lost for a more decentralized microblogging ecosystem with twitter at the top. Twitter has been closed for a decade now.. and mostly uninteresting. Full of lies and crap.. even without the bots.

he used bots as an excuse to get out of deal…

ok he killed microblogging also with all purpose app…that also agreeable because he is ceo he can do whatever he want…with his product…

but my major complain is he is promising more free speech and less hate speech…which is impossible in my opinion….we cant distinguish easily what is free speech or what is hate speech…

previously some apps promised free speech which ended up hate speech 

9 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ok he killed microblogging also with all purpose app…that also agreeable because he is ceo he can do whatever he want…with his product…

but my major complain is he is promising more free speech and less hate speech…which is impossible in my opinion….we cant distinguish easily what is free speech or what is hate speech…

what is hate speech? There's no such thing as that, beyond legal definitions. Morally, I can't even define what hate speech is. My reaction to what I consider offensive is to attack its premises and mock the poster as much as I can. beyond that I don't expect the mods to do anything. I don't care.

you yourself regularly talk to people in this db who make racist statements on groups of people (pretty much everyone in this db is an asshole one way or the other). why do you do that? because you can't control what others say, and you just want to engage on their ideas which you choose, while refusing to engage with their racist/misogynist/casteist/classist slurs.

its the way of the internet. Trying to control 'hate speech' is pointless. People will always be nasty and abusive online. A lot of problem with the social media now is that a lot of newbies use it, and are constantly triggered for everything.

the reason why a lot of platforms who were for 'free speech' ended up as hate mongering platforms is because their owners are hate mongering assholes. Also because the kind of people that end up joining those emerging platforms are ones that are blocked on the existing ones. So there's not enough diversity of opinions on those platforms, which makes them tend to go hate mongering way.

Elon Musk is a clown with a humongous ego, but not a hate mongering asshole - I think.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

his all purpose app idea is a joke. twitter in-app payments?? sounds stupid.

may be he can create a platform for artists to sell their work on twitter.. but either way, none of his ideas are interesting anyway. so who cares.

32 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

the biggest concern is financial..

what happens to a platform that allows free unrestricted criticism of their advertisers? that's the hardest problem to solve for Musk. and he can't solve it. lmao.

he'll forever be a hypocrite, that allows certain speech and decries the rest.

the reason Trump was banned was financial one too, for all the silly outrage it generated. May be Musk is brave/rich enough to face lawsuits against Twitter when he allows another riot like this to trend on twitter.

the guy has really toxic fans.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the biggest concern is financial..

what happens to a platform that allows free unrestricted criticism of their advertisers? that's the hardest problem to solve for Musk. and he can't solve it. lmao.

he'll forever be a hypocrite, that allows certain speech and decries the rest.

the reason Trump was banned was financial one too, for all the silly outrage it generated. May be Musk is brave/rich enough to face lawsuits against Twitter when he allows another riot like this to trend on twitter.

the guy has really toxic fans.

agree…his fans are bit toxic…i am seeing them in twitter…

social media ceo job is punching bag for many like congress, competitors like (meta, apple)..

all these days his career was cake walk…now its challenging for him with 44B debt…

54 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

social media ceo job is punching bag for many like congress, competitors like (meta, apple)..

all these days his career was cake walk…now its challenging for him with 44B debt…

a lot of harassment that happens online spills over to the real world, and people are harassed at their work and home. Esp. transgenders. this is also a hard problem to solve.

it needs better conversations to happen. but with Twitter going private all the conversations will revolve around Musk, and he's someone who is not equipped to actually solve any of these problems.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

plus users will leave if he allows non-stop abuse on twitter.

there are several people who are on social media (like in this db too) just so they can say nasty stuff against the particular group of people they hate - women, transgenders, muslims, blacks, dalits etc.

they have absolutely no constructive discussion to have, other than intimidate people and shame them. the more such people are allowed, the faster twitter is going down. how is musk gonna stop that..

• Upvote 1

Elon at the end of the day is Xi's pimp........ Veedi natakalu and overaction Democracy lone chalta he...... China lo extralu cheste guthi teesi chetilo pedtaadu Xi tatha.....Xi Jinping GIFs | Tenor

He was China's and one of worlds most powerful billionaire 5 years back... apatlo Elon gaadila natakalu tengadu Jack Ma GIFs | Gfycat...ipppudu address kooda ledu...... CCP is running Alibaba now.

• Haha 1