Single Family home in not so desirable School District vs tight townhome in good School district?

sharr

Recently got married. No kids yet. We've been looking for single family homes for about 3 months now and they seem out of my budget. I expanded my search radius and 
found a good single family home in a  not so desirable School district. Similar house in neighboring SD is atleast 140k more. Should I shell out that extra money to live in a good SD or now that I don't have any kids yet, can I go ahead with this home? I know kids doesn't start going to school until atleast 3 years. That gives me 4-5 years to think about SD? 

Any ideas/suggestions??

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, sharr said:

Recently got married. No kids yet. We've been looking for single family homes for about 3 months now and they seem out of my budget. I expanded my search radius and 
found a good single family home in a  not so desirable School district. Similar house in neighboring SD is atleast 140k more. Should I shell out that extra money to live in a good SD or now that I don't have any kids yet, can I go ahead with this home? I know kids doesn't start going to school until atleast 3 years. That gives me 4-5 years to think about SD? 

Any ideas/suggestions??

Thanks.

yeah. try investing in such areas where school district is not that good but maybe there is a new elementary school that started and coming up soon.   or take a townhomes and give it for rent later. first home ki dont shell so much money. all the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharr said:

Any ideas/suggestions??

Thanks.

IMO go for home which is in good SD. Easily sell it off or rent it when things go wrong like moving out of state due job and all in the future.

Think like a buyer when you sell home.

-Would you purchase that home in not so desirable School district? 

-At least would you rent that home in not so desirable School district?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mamadou said:

if u have indians in your area 4-5 years lo ratings will automatically increase

Not sure how to find that out. Also, does school rating matter for elementary schools? 

konochu bro , you have 7 years 5 years age  varaki they dont go elementary doenst matter miuch , 

you are in hope the school will go up once the our kids come if that happens good

but konni rojulu ayaka if ratings doesnt go up ammalai anna you have to expect less or  7 years lo you can think of giving this rent (if it pays your mortgfage) and buy a new one once your kid come to school 

We should definitely consider school district but that should not be a deal breaker. School ratings keep changing. 7 years is lot of time. Anything can happen. Blm movement tharuvatha diversity ni add chesaru ratings lo. Debbaki bay area(evergreen dublin etc) schools ratings lo 1-2 points thaggayi. Mundu 10 unna rating ippudu 8,9

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

konochu bro , you have 7 years 5 years age  varaki they dont go elementary doenst matter miuch , 

you are in hope the school will go up once the our kids come if that happens good

but konni rojulu ayaka if ratings doesnt go up ammalai anna you have to expect less or  7 years lo you can think of giving this rent (if it pays your mortgfage) and buy a new one once your kid come to school 

I don't know how school ratings work? Do the reviewers go into school every so often to rate them? As this is our first time buying, I know nothing about School etc. 

By the way, do school ratings matter for elemntary school? Ye school aina basic language nerpistaru kadha elementary lo? 

8 minutes ago, kittu_123 said:

IMO go for home which is in good SD. Easily sell it off or rent it when things go wrong like moving out of state due job and all in the future.

Think like a buyer when you sell home.

-Would you purchase that home in not so desirable School district? 

-At least would you rent that home in not so desirable School district?

We initially thought the same and confined our search to good SD but after seeing this, we get to enjoy a beautiful backyard and big home for the same price I pay for a tight townhome in that good SD. I know the home prices may increase in good SD after 7 years but our salary would also increase by then. If I can sell this house for atleast a small margin, I can use that as down payment towards the home in good SD. Am I wrong with this approach?

• sharr changed the title to Single Family home in not so desirable School District vs tight townhome in good School district?
Just now, sharr said:

I don't know how school ratings work? Do the reviewers go into school every so often to rate them? As this is our first time buying, I know nothing about School etc. 

By the way, do school ratings matter for elemntary school? Ye school aina basic language nerpistaru kadha elementary lo? 

kid ki matter kaadu bro 2nd grade 3rf grade varaki its ok 

schools are rated by many factors some test scores,attendance , funding , english speaking etc iyalarepu anthe system lo enter avutadi etc etc

if our kids are there in school kummestaru poyi manollu srichaityana style rubbutaru kabbati school rating perugutayi

It’s a good question. There is no perfect answer to this riddle. I personally went for a older home in a top school district. It just keeps your home value intact and it’s also easy to rent out in future.

But my friends went for aesthetics of the house, even though school district wasn’t that great. 

Good School districts say alot about an area. It indicates the economy, demographics as well as crime index of that area. However taxes might be comparatively high though. Keep that in mind. 

So, the bottom line is go ahead with good SD, if you want to play safe in this uncertain world. 

There is an old saying in real estate. It’s all about LOCATION…Location….Location 

16 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

What is a Good School District... How much rating of a school is good school district ??....torch.gif

2 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

It’s a good question. There is no perfect answer to this riddle. I personally went for a older home in a top school district. It just keeps your home value intact and it’s also easy to rent out in future.

But my friends went for aesthetics of the house, even though school district wasn’t that great. 

Good School districts say alot about an area. It indicates the economy as well as crime index of that area. However taxes might be high though. Keep that in mind. 

How much rating of a school is good school district ??....torch.gif

1 minute ago, Anta Assamey said:

How much rating of a school is good school district ??....torch.gif

9/10 or 10/10. Especially high school ratings. Elementary and middle school can be anywhere around 7-10