Calling SQL server DBA experts

CuteDesiGal

1 minute ago, CuteDesiGal said:

Always on questions unnai please help

1 minute ago, CuteDesiGal said:

Always on questions unnai please help

please post ...will try to help ..

Cluster with 4 nodes undi, sql 1, sql2, sql3, sql4. Aoag configured sql1&2 are synchronous and 3&4 asynchronous.

1 is for read write and couple of apps

2 is for read and one app

3 & 4 are for couple of apps (read only)

the apps connected to 2, 3, 4 are directly connected means they are using the server name not the listner name.

now my question is if 2 or 3 or 4 went out of sync then how the apps can automatically switch the nodes? Is there a way? Can we create multiple listners and reroute the traffic?

18 minutes ago, CuteDesiGal said:

Cluster with 4 nodes undi, sql 1, sql2, sql3, sql4. Aoag configured sql1&2 are synchronous and 3&4 asynchronous.

the apps connected to 2, 3, 4 are directly connected means they are using the server name not the listner name.

now my question is if 2 or 3 or 4 went out of sync then how the apps can automatically switch the nodes? Is there a way? Can we create multiple listners and reroute the traffic?

SQL Server Group Listener..?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/availability-groups/windows/create-or-configure-an-availability-group-listener-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

10 years back work chesa...ee tech paina...so i am out of touch...i am curious to know other people answers here...

1 hour ago, CuteDesiGal said:

Sure bro oka 10mins lo all questions post chestha

Cute girl antaavu? bro ani pilichaavu?  Inkem answers isthadu vaadu...jump jilani anthe..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BattalaSathi said:

Cute girl antaavu? bro ani pilichaavu?  Inkem answers isthadu vaadu...jump jilani anthe..

Lol girl kaadu baa, ee id evaro long time back icharu when i was banned so adhe continuing .

2 hours ago, BattalaSathi said:

Bhayya. I am a fan. Nee sense of humor next level. Movies ki script writing try chey..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CuteDesiGal said:

I might be wrong.

But you always give only listener to others.

Configure read only routing for 2,3 and 4 and the application should use ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly; in the connection string