xFi Gateway modem alternate?

jays02

comcast speed enti? let say 1gb speed plan anuko and if your modem max limit is 500mpbs, then u need to downgrade your plan otherwise not worth spending for his speed plans.

DOSCIS 3.1 is latest right now, dont buy modem which is 3.0 to save some money...these are outdated ones and very soon internet service providers will stop supporting. Alway buy latest so that you can use it for another 5+yrs and then u can upgrade later depends on the market tech.

• Like 1

Also, router+modem combo works if you live in Apartment or townhouse....single family house with basement aithe I prefer buying separate and wifi router lo go for Mesh network...so that entire hosue will have coverage.

6E wifi routers are the new thing now...almost all latest mobile phones/laptops/macs etc anni 6E compatible design chesthunnaru...I heard iphone 15 pro devices nundi 6E enable avthundi ani. 

6E ento google cheyyandi leda short videos unnai...this much faster than 5 ghz. 

• Like 1

Great input from you guys. Called them and said want to use my own modem, do I need to inform the modem details to you? They said, yes, they will add the details, otherwise it won't work and it would be better if you have latest modem instead of using long time old.

But they said, you have promotion and decreased the price, so for now we can go with that. We can see next time.

40 minutes ago, jays02 said:

Great input from you guys. Called them and said want to use my own modem, do I need to inform the modem details to you? They said, yes, they will add the details, otherwise it won't work and it would be better if you have latest modem instead of using long time old.

But they said, you have promotion and decreased the price, so for now we can go with that. We can see next time.

I recently did a new Modem+router installation myself using their App. MAC address of new device needs to be registered on their side. I used their app and it works perfectly. I did not have to call them. Even if it does not work, you can always call them.

They will decrease price for the moment and after promotion expires, charge usual self. With all auto options, we tend to forget. Their modus-operandi.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

This is only modem, you need to buy a router as well

1 minute ago, Khaidino6093 said:

This is only modem, you need to buy a router as well

You are correct. I did a Modem+Router in google and this one came up and I copied the link. Usually for $150-$199, you get one with DOCSIS 3.1. MEsh systems are a bit more expensive, but a good 1 time investment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jays02 said:

no need to inform them. You can do all install and configuration on your own.

21 hours ago, jays02 said:

Vadiki CM MAC ivvali nuvvu. Add chesthadu nee ac ki, otherwise it doesn't work. Recent ga vadi app lo add chese option ichadu . 

• Like 1