Query Regarding Immigration Status and Visa Revalidation

Rate this topic

GauthamB

My H4 and H4 EAD were approved for the period from January 7th, 2020 to January 6th, 2023.

Following this, I received approval for H1B with the current I-94, effective from October 20th, 2022, to September 30th, 2025. However, I have not worked for any H1B employer.

I applied for an H4 EAD on July 28, 2022, and received approval along with an updated I-94. The approval notice is dated October 29, 2022, and the EAD is valid from January 7th, 2023, to January 6th, 2026.

I've been advised that my current status is H4 based on the latest approval notice. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

Additionally, my employer suggested undergoing a visa revalidation for H4. Is this a necessary step?

Thank you for your insights and assistance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 10:29 AM, GauthamB said:

My H4 and H4 EAD were approved for the period from January 7th, 2020 to January 6th, 2023.

Following this, I received approval for H1B with the current I-94, effective from October 20th, 2022, to September 30th, 2025. However, I have not worked for any H1B employer.

I applied for an H4 EAD on July 28, 2022, and received approval along with an updated I-94. The approval notice is dated October 29, 2022, and the EAD is valid from January 7th, 2023, to January 6th, 2026.

I've been advised that my current status is H4 based on the latest approval notice. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

Additionally, my employer suggested undergoing a visa revalidation for H4. Is this a necessary step?

Thank you for your insights and assistance!

Hi Dr, it appears that your current status is H4. The most recent approval notice for your H4 EAD, with an updated I-94, reflects your current legal status. The H4 EAD approval indicates that you have lawful status in the U.S. until January 6th, 2026. Therefore, at present, your status aligns with H4.

Regarding the suggestion for a visa revalidation for H4, it's not typically necessary when transitioning from H1B to H4 within the U.S., especially if you have received the updated I-94 indicating your change of status.

However, it might be beneficial to consult an immigration attorney or an expert to ensure clarity on your current immigration status. They can provide precise guidance based on the specifics of your case and the most recent immigration regulations. Visa rules and statuses are always changing, and seeking professional advice like dygreencard Inc. will offer the most up-to-date information for your situation.

• 1 month later...

Regarding your employer's suggestion of undergoing a visa revalidation for H4, it's advisable to consult with an immigration attorney or your employer's HR department for specific guidance tailored to your situation. They can provide you with the most accurate information regarding any necessary steps for your visa revalidation.You can find more information on document legalization for China at https://apostillelondon.com/document-legalisation/legalising-documents-china/.For any legal matters related to immigration, it's always best to seek professional advice to ensure you're following the correct procedures and maintaining your status.

• 2 months later...

Based on the information provided, it appears that your current status is indeed H4, as indicated by the latest approval notice for your H4 EAD. Since you have not worked for any H1B employer, your status has not changed to H1B.

As for the suggestion to undergo a visa revalidation for H4, it may not be necessary unless there are specific circumstances that require it. Visa revalidation is typically done to extend the validity of a visa without having to go through the full visa application process. Since your H4 status is valid until January 6th, 2023, and your H4 EAD is valid from January 7th, 2023, to January 6th, 2026, you may not need to undergo visa revalidation at this time.

However, it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney or advisor to get personalized advice based on your specific situation. They can provide guidance on whether visa revalidation is necessary and help you understand any other steps you may need to take to maintain your status.