~~~~~~~~ S A C H I N ~ R A M E S H ~ T E N D U L K A R ~~~~~~~~~

Sidhu...Sidhaarth Roy

Tendulkar has played with or against 982 different international cricketers during his career for India - the equivalent of 245.5 Beatles tribute bands, or almost 82 juries, or enough to fill both houses of the Indian parliament and have 192 cricketers left over to form an anti-corruption unit. He has had 140 Indian team-mates, and faced 842 opponents.

ciColumnist_leftquote.gif Hansie Cronje. Honestly. I got out to Hansie more than anyone ... I never knew what to do with him ciColumnist_rightquote.gif

Sachin Tendulkar on which bowler troubled him the most

ciColumnist_leftquote.gif Twenty20 cricket is the dessert and you can't survive on that. Who wants to eat only desserts? ciColumnist_rightquote.gif

Sachin Tendulkar resorts to a food analogy to explain the pecking order of cricket's formats

ciColumnist_leftquote.gif "To me he will not just be remembered as a great player and a lovely human being, but as somebody who tried to learn Bengali for the last 14 years but never managed to do so!" ciColumnist_rightquote.gif

Sourav Ganguly pays a sort of tribute to Sachin Tendulkar

ciColumnist_leftquote.gif "He is my hero and playing against him is a special moment in my life. I cherish that." ciColumnist_rightquote.gif

Sachin Tendulkar reflects on playing against Viv Richards during a Yorkshire-Glamorgan county match

Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives- BBC Sports, on Sachin Tendulkar