How to curb sugar addiction

tennisluvr

I am in fairly decent shape, workout, eat mostly clean and healthy. But I have a craving for sugar at times, I usually control it but on some occasions can't do that. Any way to combat this? I have no other addictions, drink socially, don't smoke etc. 

But try to think about how to overcome this, it's been proved that sugar addiction is as addicting as heroin addiction so may not be easy. But has anyone experienced this or overcome this. Sugar ante not just chocolate ala kaadu, just a craving to eat any starchy food. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tennisluvr

• Don_Draper

• samaja_varagamana

• dakumangalsingh

Just now, prajalamanishi said:

follow ketogenic diet or paleo diet.

I am very much interested in getting into this plan asap. I have read lots and lots about it. But what's the guarantee that just being on this plan would rid me of the sugar cravings, eating more fat gets rid of sugar cravings antava? 

Thanks for the suggestion, nuvvu follow ayyava Ketogenic diet in the past. I am trying to keep my carb consumption under 30 g per day. 70% fat and 25% protein, 5% carbs anukuntunna. 

I am addicted to Subway, Soft drinks and Lays (Sour cream & onion flavour)

US ochina kothalo Chipotle and 7 eleven cheese pizza ki addicted. Ipudu taggindi.

1 minute ago, VadaGaali said:

I am addicted to Subway, Soft drinks and Lays (Sour cream & onion flavour)

US ochina kothalo Chipotle and 7 eleven cheese pizza ki addicted. Ipudu taggindi.

I think you are addicted to the bread in Subway. Subway bread is the cheapest quality bread ever baa. I never liked Chips much. For me it's only sweet stuff that I occasionally have a problem curbing my interest towards. 

9 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I am very much interested in getting into this plan asap. I have read lots and lots about it. But what's the guarantee that just being on this plan would rid me of the sugar cravings, eating more fat gets rid of sugar cravings antava? 

Thanks for the suggestion, nuvvu follow ayyava Ketogenic diet in the past. I am trying to keep my carb consumption under 30 g per day. 70% fat and 25% protein, 5% carbs anukuntunna. 

Try like a 30 day challenge.

obviously you will lose cravings and moreover you will lose appetite also on Ketogenic diet.

if you still crave try to make it in home using Paleo recipes and  ingredients like Honey.

10% of the food should satisfy 80% of your cravings and you throw away the rest and that is absolutely fine to have long term diet plan.

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I think you are addicted to the bread in Subway. Subway bread is the cheapest quality bread ever baa. I never liked Chips much. For me it's only sweet stuff that I occasionally have a problem curbing my interest towards. 

Yes. Maybe because of bread and dressings too. Everytime I either go for Mayo+Chipotle SW or Mayo+Creamy Sriracha. Entha addicted ante, Week ki min 3 times Anna tinakapothe nalika lagestundi.

Sugar ante, I am addicted to Soft drinks. US ochaka water manesi max I've rayadam alavatu ayindi. Ipudu water tagalante avatledu . Idi kuda sweet craving ae anochu.

2 minutes ago, prajalamanishi said:

Try like a 30 day challenge.

obviously you will lose cravings and moreover you will lose appetite also on Ketogenic diet.

if you still crave try to make it in home using Paleo recipes and  ingredients like Honey.

10% of the food should satisfy 80% of your cravings and you throw away the rest and that is absolutely fine to have long term diet plan.

Okay cool. One more thing i have noticed about this diet as it pertains to recipes online is that a lot of Keto foods are based on red meat. 

Beef, Bacon, Sausages etc. I don't eat red meat I mostly eat Fish, Chicken and ocassionally turkey all lean meats basically which are low on fat. Andukey I am not sure how to get the fat calories in, I am thinking of adding a lot of coconut oil and Olive oil to my salads to get those fat calories in as the Keto diet suggests. 

I will let you know after I finish the 30 day challenge, thanks. I agree with you on that natural sugar as followed in the Keto diet is faar superior to the processed sugars that most foods have these days. 

16 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

ketogenic diet is not easy brain ki kavalsina sugars ivvakapothe mental ekkuthundhi

Just now, DaleSteyn1 said:

ketogenic diet is not easy brain ki kavalsina sugars ivvakapothe mental ekkuthundhi

I heard that's only till your body becomes Keto adapted i.e., till it starts using your bodyfat as fuel instead of sugar. But people say that once their body gets adapted to fat as the primary source of fuel, their brains actually function better and they are mentally much sharper. So this is only a starting problem. 

22 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Anta low carbs valla usee enti...do 200 gms carbs and do weight training...low carb diet you cant maintain inte long run..u will be moody bcoz of.low carb and cant function...low carb i for bodybuilders not for fit people 

If u do have certain cravings which means u do have some deficiencies ...I do have salt cravings which means I do have iron deficiency so may be Nuvuu ala check cheskoni ...try to work on it ..

13 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

em kaadhu thinu man oka age vachaaka elaago anni maneyyalsindhey @3$%

+1116 asal ela vastai tombro ila.... already life lo anni exp ayinavaadi la vunnav ga6jihd.gif

41 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I heard that's only till your body becomes Keto adapted i.e., till it starts using your bodyfat as fuel instead of sugar. But people say that once their body gets adapted to fat as the primary source of fuel, their brains actually function better and they are mentally much sharper. So this is only a starting problem. 

you are right initial ga start chesinappudu you will feel lethargic and drained out carbs cut chesthav kabatti brain active ga undataniki kavalsina antha sugar undadhu.but e diet cheyali anukunte dont workout .workout chesevallaki e diet avasaramledhu