I-140 EAD -- Not good news??

rajivn786

BREAKING NEWS

AC21, I140EADAP (RIN1615AC05 Rule) Final Tex sent to OMB

USCIS has completed going through all the 28,000+ comments we have submitted and final text of the rule is sent to OMB for final review. Whatever the text may be (from what we are hearing, it isn't good) it could be out soon.

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/Forward?SearchTarget=RegReview&textfield=1615-AC05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mettastar

• BommaliNinnodhala

• TheBrahmabull

• bhaigan

Top Posters In This Topic

10/25/2016: USCIS Submitted to OMB Yesterday Draft of Final Rule of Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled H-1B Nonimmigrant Workers ("aka I-140 EAD Rule")

• This is one of the most important rule of the Obama Administration's reform and modernization of employment-based immigration system. Immigrants as well as employers have been anxiously waiting for this final rule. Immigrants have been waiting for this rule because it gives them opportunity for mobility and going into the competitive American labor market, albeit incomplete. Some employers, especially large computer consulting companies that depend on large number of foreign workers, waited for this final rule since this final rule would allow them to bring in increased number of foreign workers without the fear of penalty of large amount of filing fees of $4,000 for H-1 or $4,200 for L-1 petitions since they could covert their H-1B employees to EAD employees pending the green card process. However, there were many employers that opposed this rule for fear of losing some of the employees who go into the open labor market and leave the employer. In a way, this rule is considered a mixed bag of advantage and disadvantage for the employers.
  • This final rule is not likely published before the national election, but consumers can see the fruits soon. We are not certain how much they changed the text of the proposed rule in the final rule. Please stay tuned.

- Ref - oh-law

http://www.immigration-law.com/

2 minutes ago, mettastar said:

10/25/2016: USCIS Submitted to OMB Yesterday Draft of Final Rule of Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting Highly-Skilled H-1B Nonimmigrant Workers ("aka I-140 EAD Rule")

• This is one of the most important rule of the Obama Administration's reform and modernization of employment-based immigration system. Immigrants as well as employers have been anxiously waiting for this final rule. Immigrants have been waiting for this rule because it gives them opportunity for mobility and going into the competitive American labor market, albeit incomplete. Some employers, especially large computer consulting companies that depend on large number of foreign workers, waited for this final rule since this final rule would allow them to bring in increased number of foreign workers without the fear of penalty of large amount of filing fees of $4,000 for H-1 or $4,200 for L-1 petitions since they could covert their H-1B employees to EAD employees pending the green card process. However, there were many employers that opposed this rule for fear of losing some of the employees who go into the open labor market and leave the employer. In a way, this rule is considered a mixed bag of advantage and disadvantage for the employers.
  • This final rule is not likely published before the national election, but consumers can see the fruits soon. We are not certain how much they changed the text of the proposed rule in the final rule. Please stay tuned.

- Ref - oh-law

http://www.immigration-law.com/

most likely biscuit

2 minutes ago, BommaliNinnodhala said:

h1 transfering with i-140 apprvd ...pack ur bags...^^

so no need to do GC again....keka..if that rule comes I am the first one to jump

7 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

ee rule kosam asalu enni rojulu nunchi wait chesthunnano......vasthe full time velipotha

same with me bhyaaa ... raganee contracting ki shift ayithaaa

8 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

ee rule kosam asalu enni rojulu nunchi wait chesthunnano......vasthe full time velipotha

Just now, sri_india said:

same with me bhyaaa ... raganee contracting ki shift ayithaaa

ok  photo-thumb-56160.jpg