• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kool_SRG

• fake_Bezawada

• Prabhas_Fan

• Kontekurradu

Rohit Sharma could be out for three months after surgery

Rohit Sharma sustained a thigh injury on the right leg during the fifth and final ODI against New Zealand at Visakhapatnam on October 29.

Rohit Sharma, Rohit Sharma injury, Rohit Sharma surgery, Rohit Sharma surgery return, Rohit Sharma injury return, india, indian cricket team, india vs england, india england test series, cricket, cricket news, sports, sports news

Ruled out of the Test series against England, Indian batsman Rohit Sharma on Friday said he could be out for as long as three months if the doctors decide to operate on his injured thigh. “I don’t know (how much time I will miss cricket) our BCCI medical team is in touch with doctors, the scans we have got till now have been sent to doctors, we are waiting for their opinion, whether to do surgery or not, if we do the surgery then how much time is needed,” Rohit told reporters after the launch of Adidas Home Court store in suburban Bandra.

“The picture is not fully clear. I think in one or two days the picture will be more clear, whether it (surgery) is happening or not. It is an important decision if we do surgery. If I do the surgery, I cannot play for 3 to 3 and half months. We are waiting for the doctors’ opinion, let’s see what happens,” the Mumbai player added.

Asked about the nature of his injury, Rohit said, “Like you saw, while taking a run the muscle pulled up then I understood that I won’t make it to the crease, so I dived, after that our physio told me that it was necessary to take a scan.

“The next two days was Diwali so all hospitals were closed, so we took the scan on (November) first and after that all the medical reports were given to BCCI medical team,” he added.

Rohit, who played against New Zealand in the Test series, sustained a thigh injury on the right leg during the fifth and final ODI at Visakhapatnam on October 29.

The 29-year-old player holds the world record for highest score by any batsman in ODIs.

Asked about the inclusion of all-rounder Hardik Pandya in the Test squad, Rohit, who has captained him in Mumbai Indians, said, “We are all waiting. I hope he gets his maiden Test cap, it will be good news for his fans, family and friends.”

“He has got real talent, he bowls fast and he has got a good ability to come down the order and bat. He has done it for the state team. So I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it for his national team also. We have seen glimpses in World T2O and also in the ODI series (against New Zealand). It’s just that one push he needs from management and players. He has got all the weapons with him for the fight. I have seen him from close quarters. He recently had a successful tour of Australia with India A team and he did well. If he gets an opportunity he will do well,” Rohit added.

On the upcoming five-match Test rubber against England which commences November 9 in Rajkot, Rohit said, “They are a very good Test team. When they were here last time they had beaten us. We have got to do a lot of hard work. We understand their strengths and weaknesses, we have to exploit them to our advantage.”

Injuries have upset Rohit’s Test career in the past too. In 2010, the Mumbaikar was all set to make his Test debut against Australia at Nagpur when he twisted his ankle while playing football with other team members just half an hour before the toss. Till date, the Nagpur-born batsman has played in 21 Tests and amassed 1,184 runs.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, Kool_SRG said:

England had James Anderson & Swann then...Now both missing so struggling also batting dept bit weak..

Appudu Cook superb form same with Bell & KP ippudu avi missing..

epudu kuda cook gadu samputhunadu buddy... and ee ali gadini namalemu. bairstow, buttler , root gadu undane unaru   staokes , broad r good too 12ki7c.gif

2 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Rohit Sharma could be out for three months after surgery

Rohit Sharma sustained a thigh injury on the right leg during the fifth and final ODI against New Zealand at Visakhapatnam on October 29.

Rohit Sharma, Rohit Sharma injury, Rohit Sharma surgery, Rohit Sharma surgery return, Rohit Sharma injury return, india, indian cricket team, india vs england, india england test series, cricket, cricket news, sports, sports news

Ruled out of the Test series against England, Indian batsman Rohit Sharma on Friday said he could be out for as long as three months if the doctors decide to operate on his injured thigh. “I don’t know (how much time I will miss cricket) our BCCI medical team is in touch with doctors, the scans we have got till now have been sent to doctors, we are waiting for their opinion, whether to do surgery or not, if we do the surgery then how much time is needed,” Rohit told reporters after the launch of Adidas Home Court store in suburban Bandra.

“The picture is not fully clear. I think in one or two days the picture will be more clear, whether it (surgery) is happening or not. It is an important decision if we do surgery. If I do the surgery, I cannot play for 3 to 3 and half months. We are waiting for the doctors’ opinion, let’s see what happens,” the Mumbai player added.

Asked about the nature of his injury, Rohit said, “Like you saw, while taking a run the muscle pulled up then I understood that I won’t make it to the crease, so I dived, after that our physio told me that it was necessary to take a scan.

The next two days was Diwali so all hospitals were closed, so we took the scan on (November) first and after that all the medical reports were given to BCCI medical team,” he added.

Rohit, who played against New Zealand in the Test series, sustained a thigh injury on the right leg during the fifth and final ODI at Visakhapatnam on October 29.

The 29-year-old player holds the world record for highest score by any batsman in ODIs.

Asked about the inclusion of all-rounder Hardik Pandya in the Test squad, Rohit, who has captained him in Mumbai Indians, said, “We are all waiting. I hope he gets his maiden Test cap, it will be good news for his fans, family and friends.”

“He has got real talent, he bowls fast and he has got a good ability to come down the order and bat. He has done it for the state team. So I don’t see any reason why he can’t do it for his national team also. We have seen glimpses in World T2O and also in the ODI series (against New Zealand). It’s just that one push he needs from management and players. He has got all the weapons with him for the fight. I have seen him from close quarters. He recently had a successful tour of Australia with India A team and he did well. If he gets an opportunity he will do well,” Rohit added.

On the upcoming five-match Test rubber against England which commences November 9 in Rajkot, Rohit said, “They are a very good Test team. When they were here last time they had beaten us. We have got to do a lot of hard work. We understand their strengths and weaknesses, we have to exploit them to our advantage.”

Injuries have upset Rohit’s Test career in the past too. In 2010, the Mumbaikar was all set to make his Test debut against Australia at Nagpur when he twisted his ankle while playing football with other team members just half an hour before the toss. Till date, the Nagpur-born batsman has played in 21 Tests and amassed 1,184 runs.

edhi elaki kuda untadha endhi too much kadha...ani high class kadha.. hosiptal open cheydam entha sepu  12ki7c.gif

3 minutes ago, Hyper said:

epudu kuda cook gadu samputhunadu buddy... and ee ali gadini namalemu. bairstow, buttler , root gadu undane unaru   staokes , broad r good too 12ki7c.gif

Won't be a easy series as that of with NZ, but Eng bowling definitely weak with no dependable spinners...

2 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Won't be a easy series as that of with NZ, but Eng bowling definitely weak with no dependable spinners...

mana losugulu kuda teliy pothayi.ee series tho... dhawan gadi sudi..rohit, rahul injury..adiki mali call ravachu if gambhir doesnt perform  brahmilaugh.gifbrahmilaugh.gif

Anderson set to join up with England squad

England have received a significant boost with the news that James Anderson will be able to join their Test squad in India almost immediately. Anderson, England's leading Test wicket-taker, has not bowled since August after suffering from a shoulder injury and was omitted from the original tour squad with the proviso that he would be recalled if he was able to prove his fitness.

He returned to bowling a couple of weeks ago and has come through every test and scan before being cleared for the trip. He is now expected to join up with the rest of the squad ahead of the first Test in Rajkot, which starts on Wednesday, and could be considered for the second Test in Visakhapatnam, starting on November 17.

Hopes of arranging a warm-up game for Anderson have been abandoned, though. While the England camp have explored the possibility of finding Anderson a club game in India to play in with a view to establishing his match fitness, it is understood that the plans were vetoed on security grounds. England's security advisors remain keen to keep the squad together at all times in order not to dissipate their protection detail.

His return will still come as a huge relief to Alastair Cook. While Anderson may have lost some of the pace he had when proving so influential on the 2012 tour - MS Dhoni rated him "the difference between the two teams" - his control remains exceptional and he has an impressive package of skills. In 17 Tests in Asia, he has taken 55 wickets at an average of 28.29. Under Cook's captaincy, that record is 25 wickets from seven Tests at an average of 22.64. He claimed 12 in the 2012 series.

While it was the batsmen that most obviously let England down on the last day in Dhaka, it may also be relevant that England lost the first Test Cook has captained (and that is 54 in total) without either Anderson or Stuart Broad in his side.

"It's really good news," Cook said. "He's probably about a week ahead of where we thought he would be. He's worked incredibly hard to get back. He's got the all clear. Now he needs to come out here and acclimatise and get some overs in the nets."

It is a brave move from Anderson, too. Some bowlers in his position might look at such a tour, on pitches offering them little and against a dauntingly strong batting line-up, and conclude they might be better conserving themselves until the start of the English season and more friendly conditions. But that is not Anderson's way.

Whether he can retain his outstanding record against Virat Kohli remains to be seen. For a batsman of such obvious class, Kohli has an oddly modest Test record against England - he averages just 20.12 after nine Tests against them - with Anderson having dismissed him five times at an average of 15.40. While the suspicion remains that this will be the series that the dam breaks and Kohli corrects that record, Anderson's experience of the conditions and ability to unpick batsmen's techniques could prove an asset even before he returns to the team.

"It's great that he's put the effort in," Cook said. "Rather than maybe taking the easy option and coming back in July, he wants to make a difference in this series.

"His experience of knowing how to take wickets in these conditions and passing that experience on to the bowlers will be great. He and Stuart Broad are big leaders of this bowling attack. They've done it since probably 2008 or 2009. They've been pushing this side forward and leading the bowlers. The number of wickets they've taken in all conditions is credit to their skills. It's great to have them back and that experience will only help the other guys.

"It's certainly not ideal he hasn't had a warm-up game. But if there's one person who could do it, it's Jimmy. He's well aware of that challenge. He's come back so much quicker than we thought he would. He's up for this. He's not just coming here to make up the numbers. Is it ideal? No. We've tried to find him a bit of cricket somewhere just to get some miles and overs in his legs, but we can't. So we'll just have to make do and we'll see what state he's in."

It is possible that Anderson's return could alter the balance of England's attack. While it remains likely they will go into the first Test with three spinners and three seamers, they may be tempted to play four seamers later in the series. More realistically, though, Anderson's return might provide the opportunity to rotate the likes of Broad or even Chris Woakes to help them through such a condensed five-Test series.

"Is there a chance of us going 4-2?" Cook said. "Yes, there is. But there's also a very good chance of us going 3-3. It's very hard to say without seeing the wicket."

England travel from Mumbai to Rajkot on Sunday and will next train on Monday.

Jadeja to Cook, OUT, flat, turning in to beat Cook's flick, and he's not reviewed this lbw decision! I think that was missing leg, very strange decision from Cook after Chris Gaffaney gave him out. Shuffled across to a length ball which pitched on the stumps and hit him in front of middle and leg. I'm really not sure that was hitting leg stump. Cook may have thought his shuffle had taken him farther across the stumps than he actually was. He was looking to work that through square leg or backward square leg, and it's dangerous to play Jadeja with a closed bat face. Missing leg by a long way, Hawkeye says

AN Cook lbw b Jadeja 21 (47b 2x4 0x6) SR: 44.68

FOW  47/1

Ashwin to Hameed, OUT, given, and that's a beauty from Ashwin! He's used this angle so brilliantly over these last three balls, and Hameed, with the intention of getthis his front pad out of the way while defending, is hit on the back pad as this drifts a little and goes with the angle to beat his outside edge. Hits him in line, and ball-tracking says it'll hit off stump too, after Hameed reviews it. That just looked out, and England have reviewed when they shouldn't have, after not reviewing when they should have. Hameed's technique, which looked so good so far, exposed a little here - his bat came down curtain rail style, a la KP or Ross Taylor, across the ball rather than down the line of it. Couple that with his front pad moving away from the line of the ball, and he's ended up opening himself up.

H Hameed lbw b Ashwin 31 (82b 6x4 0x6) SR: 37.80

FOW 76/2

Ashwin to Duckett, OUT, gone! Rahane dives low to his right to take it at slip. Again it's tossed up slightly slower than the pace he's been bowling to Duckett so far, and his front foot is planted too early, moving away from the line of the ball again, and this time the ball turns to find his outside edge as he tries to defend. They go upstairs for the catch - Dharmasena's soft signal is out - and Rahane has scooped it up an inch from the ground. That's a superb catch.

BM Duckett c Rahane b Ashwin 13 (17b 3x4 0x6) SR: 76.47

FOW 102/3