H4-EAD visa stamping

Rate this topic

sivakrishna333

Hello Everyone,

I have H1 797 approval until July 2019 and my wife has H4 & H4 EAD approval until July 2019.  She is working as a full time employee now. Our both visa stampings were expired in March 2017 and I'm still in US but due to family emergency, she traveled to India last week. I'm on bench from past 2.5 months and I got a contract job offer today.

Question : Should i apply amendment for my new project and wait for the receipt number notice letter from USCIS and after then only she has to go for stamping? or else, she can go for stamping now, irrespective of my amendment?  How long does it takes to receive the amendment receipt notice letter?

Please suggest me. Thanks for your time. 

1 hour ago, sivakrishna333 said:

Hello Everyone,

I have H1 797 approval until July 2019 and my wife has H4 & H4 EAD approval until July 2019.  She is working as a full time employee now. Our both visa stampings were expired in March 2017 and I'm still in US but due to family emergency, she traveled to India last week. I'm on bench from past 2.5 months and I got a contract job offer today.

Question : Should i apply amendment for my new project and wait for the receipt number notice letter from USCIS and after then only she has to go for stamping? or else, she can go for stamping now, irrespective of my amendment?  How long does it takes to receive the amendment receipt notice letter?

I don't think she has to wait. she can go for stamping.

let's see someone faced this situation..

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2017 at 10:16 PM, sivakrishna333 said:

Hello Everyone,

Visa stamp just has your employer a.k.a petitioner name. Since it doesn't change even if you change the project, Your wife doesn't need to wait, she can actually go. 

but if they ask any questions related to your project, where you are working etc, she needs to answer dynamically, based on the context or situation.