Shorter resting periods between sets

Staysafebro

What are the advantages of this? I am used to longer resting periods and heavier weights, but I hired a trainer and he has changed my routine to shorter resting periods and lower weights. 

45-50 lbs dumbbell with longer resting periods undedhi, ippudu not even able to do 25 with 30 sec resting periods. Sweating like anything in just half an hour of workout. Read conflicting articles about muscle growth too. Okademo strength but no muscle growth antadu, inkokedemo muscle growth is possible antadu. 

45 lift chesi kusthi poteelu nen cheyanu..

i lift 30.. shorter resting periods.. to stay fit and be in good shape

kakapothe i do biceps and lats.. 1 set bicep 15 sec brk and i do lat.. then come back to bicep

combinations chestha.. it gives U stamina.. some say it is like cardio

1 hour ago, The_Mentalist said:

45 lift chesi kusthi poteelu nen cheyanu..

i lift 30.. shorter resting periods.. to stay fit and be in good shape

kakapothe i do biceps and lats.. 1 set bicep 15 sec brk and i do lat.. then come back to bicep

combinations chestha.. it gives U stamina.. some say it is like cardio

Yeah, it is like cardio as I am sweating profusely, but I am worried about not seeing muscle growth.

2 hours ago, Staysafebro said:

What are the advantages of this? I am used to longer resting periods and heavier weights, but I hired a trainer and he has changed my routine to shorter resting periods and lower weights. 

45-50 lbs dumbbell with longer resting periods undedhi, ippudu not even able to do 25 with 30 sec resting periods. Sweating like anything in just half an hour of workout. Read conflicting articles about muscle growth too. Okademo strength but no muscle growth antadu, inkokedemo muscle growth is possible antadu. 

Tried both.. feel like i am getting better value for time when cutting the resting period down and also muscles are warm that prevents injuries as well. Unless there is no change in form, both doesn't make much diff for the muscle growth we expect it to... unless you are trying for strongmen competitions when whole objective is to lift as much as you can.. i felt getting the benefits from a cardiovascular POV  as well with limiting resting time as heart beat increases. 

when you rest, lactic acid levels come back to normal and then you can push.. this is critical in pushing the time down between sets.. overall you will get back to the same weights after few weeks anyway... i also do some no-weighted squats and pushups during sets to up the heart rate and burn more calories and yes sweatttt a lot (which i like) !!!

12 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

Sets ante neninka Tennis ankunna .. no gym for me .. only outdoors..

Inka nayam movie sets lo Caravan lo heroines tho resting period anukole

22 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Inka nayam movie sets lo Caravan lo heroines tho resting period anukole

gallery_24383_15_180511.gif

do we see any benefits with this type of workout in the long run?

On 10/20/2018 at 1:40 PM, Quickgun_murugan said:

Heart rate peruguthadi and its good for your muscle mass 

Taking 1.2 times lean weight protein and no carbs. I am sweating a lot and hopefully my body fat gets to 15%. Currently it is 18%

Depends on your goal. 

Bulking up : Heavy weight, less reps, longer resting time (1-2 mins each set)

Cutting down / tonning up : Lighter weights, more reps, shorter resting time (0-30 secs)

Remaining in shape : Somewhere in between. 

8 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

Taking 1.2 times lean weight protein and no carbs. I am sweating a lot and hopefully my body fat gets to 15%. Currently it is 18%

No carbs is not a good idea. I did the same mistake. 

1 minute ago, Pichekkistha said:

No carbs is not a good idea. I did the same mistake. 

Carbs only on workout days. Does that help or should I take 100gms of carbs everyday?

4 minutes ago, Pichekkistha said:

Depends on your goal. 

Bulking up : Heavy weight, less reps, longer resting time (1-2 mins each set)

Cutting down / tonning up : Lighter weights, more reps, shorter resting time (0-30 secs)

Remaining in shape : Somewhere in between. 

I used to do 8 reps  for heavy weights and have seen decent result. 1 inch bicep growth per 25 days. A little bit of fat cut down is needed. Two months target cheppalante.