Discrimination

DrBeta

10 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

but I dont think I could call a lot of what I faced as discrimination. It was mostly people trying to avoid me. hehe..

I bribed a few of them with free car rides, internet etc (when nobody had internet).

:giggle:

1 minute ago, JambuLingam said:

Edsindi salu pakkaki mingey.  10galeka managalaram gadivi nuvvu %$#$

premier institute saduvu.. lol.

insecurity thappa emi kanipinchatam ledhu.. topic soosko. :) 

5 minutes ago, JambuLingam said:

Arey,  even I studied in one of the so called premier govt institutions.  I never ever witnessed or listened such incidents from my friends from other institutions too. Edikelli ostaru ra to spread venom.  IIT professors just don't give a fcuk to anyone.  They just finish their duty and leave. 

It's true, I went to one of those schools and I never heard/felt anything like that. But at the same time, it might have happened and I didn't notice it because I was in my own bubble. In general, I think you see more subtle discrimination in an academic setting than outright homophobia. 

1 minute ago, Ashtavakra said:

nuvvu studied in 'premier' institute aa? joke cheyyaku ra. 

I have dozens of such incidents from my friends. perhaps your friends are all from your class, who cry on reservations like losers. my friends are from all sections of society.

these things sometimes happen in the class.. or in private in the lecturer's room. but they happen. 

why do you think people commit suicide in IIT? are you saying there are no suicides in IIT? delusional fcuk.

IIT professors are rabidly casteist (many of them).. they don't just finish their duty and leave.. some of them indulge in these kind of chillara activities.

Anonymous id ki goppalu evadu seppukuntadu va,  iam from NIT,  not iit though.  But had lots of friends in full spectrum.  Never listened any such incident.  Neeku first hand experience unte seppu,  lekapote 10gey. Unnecessary propaganda cheyaku. 

1 minute ago, sarita said:

:giggle:

I used to live in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in Chennai. Have you seen the movie 'Madras'.. I literally lived right next to the slum where the entire movie was shot.

and most of my chennai friends are from there. later I moved to central Chennai to a better neighbourhood, but those guys still remember me.

Just now, JambuLingam said:

Anonymous id ki goppalu evadu seppukuntadu va,  iam from NIT,  not iit though.  But had lots of friends in full spectrum.  Never listened any such incident.  Neeku first hand experience unte seppu,  lekapote 10gey. Unnecessary propaganda cheyaku. 

nuvvu goppalu seppuko emanna seppuko. point ki raa first. 

IIT lo suicides jaruguthunnaya ledha? why? is it not the responsibility of the lecturers to help students from weaker backgrounds? Are you saying these students don't face public insults?

ye lokam lo unnav ra bhai nuvvu? koncham kooda empathy leni brathuku.

2 minutes ago, Ashtavakra said:

premier institute saduvu.. lol.

insecurity thappa emi kanipinchatam ledhu.. topic soosko. :) 

Na bongu gadivi nuvvu,  judge sestunnav janalani db lo msg susi.  %$#$

I used to live in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in Chennai. Have you seen the movie 'Madras'.. I literally lived right next to the slum where the entire movie was shot.

and most of my chennai friends are from there. later I moved to central Chennai to a better neighbourhood, but those guys still remember me.

I didn't see that movie. but, went to Chennai a couple of times. akada slums avi chusanu

Just now, sarita said:

what is the meaning behind ur username? ni old id ki exact opposite meaning undi 

y so?

no idea.. this is not my id.. a friend in this db gave me this.

my earlier ID is from the novel 'The Dispossessed', by Ursula LeGuin. Its an area in an uninhabitable planet that humans make habitable by working hard. The novel is not about the place.. In fact it is mentioned exactly thrice in the novel.

its about how utopias (an anarchist one in this case) are as flawed as the flawed societies we are escaping, and how anarchism is a process, not an end goal.

• Upvote 1

nuvvu goppalu seppuko emanna seppuko. point ki raa first. 

IIT lo suicides jaruguthunnaya ledha? why? is it not the responsibility of the lecturers to help students from weaker backgrounds? Are you saying these students don't face public insults?

ye lokam lo unnav ra bhai nuvvu? koncham kooda empathy leni brathuku.

It's not their responsibility.  Their responsibility is to teach,  not upliftment and social justice.  It's upto the candidates if they can cope or leave the fcuk. 

Just now, JambuLingam said:

It's not their responsibility.  Their responsibility is to teach,  not upliftment and social justice.  It's upto the candidates if they can cope or leave the fcuk. 

lol. then they should just teach, shut the fcuk up and leave. but they indulge in these chillara behaviours.

IIT is a public funded institution, not a private one. do you know waht it means, bujji? every Indian (every class, caste, religion) has stake in it. Its not the lecturer's jaagir.

anyway stick to the topic. don't argue with me.. your 'premier' institute education is not going to help you. perhaps i studied in a 'premierer' institution. lol.

3 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

It's true, I went to one of those schools and I never heard/felt anything like that. But at the same time, it might have happened and I didn't notice it because I was in my own bubble. In general, I think you see more subtle discrimination in an academic setting than outright homophobia. 

aren't u the homophobic one here? posting threads abt 'gay' people and all.

you threads show apparent discrimination against all genders.