DrBeta

Why you should stand up?

Ashtavakra

you should stick to your science :)

you have wrong notions of how economy works. The current economy is rigged to benefit few, and thats why you see so many slackers around you. they have already made it, or they know they will make it if they do this , and this, and this. they have handlers to make sure they succeed.

Ashtavakra
4 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the fastest, I may not be the strongest. But, I will be damned if I am not trying my hardest.

you are also most likely suffering from post Ayn Randish symptoms :) 

let me guess, its been 6-7yrs since you read Ayn Rand.. Its effect takes about 10yrs to wear off.

but you have to read other books. especially technical ones to get out of that ideology of individualism.

the highest achievement of human is not to build the tallest monument he can for himself, but to lose himself in a sea of people, and still hold his own.

Ayn Rand got half right, the other half, utterly wrong.

DrBeta

It's true, I am not an economist, I don't know everything about Marxism. But I am definitely opinionated. I am of the opinion that humans need to work for what they deserve. Thanks to Ayn Rand, Government help to businesses is as disastrous as Government persecution. The only way Government can be of service to national prosperity is by keeping it's hand off. 

Ashtavakra

Ayn Rand herself took govt help, got a pension in the last couple decades of her life, and treatment too.

these conservative jackasses are hypocrites. Rand included.

and she railed against Science? Have you read Atlas Shrugged completely? Do you think her idea of how research happens is even feasible?

that is, without public investment? she was delusional, and probably deeply affected by her experience in Russia.

anyway.. got to go.. too late.

bye 

Ashtavakra
2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Actually I read Ayn Rand roughly ten years ago and it hasn't worn off. 

ok

Ashtavakra

the vilian in Atlas Shrugged is a scientist in public university..

and the hero is a glib talking philosophy professor. (among the professors, that is)

Anta Assamey
11 hours ago, DrBeta said:

For science.

earth-is-not-flat-vaccines-wok-weve-been

:3D_Smiles_153:

panipoori
10 hours ago, Ashtavakra said:

the vilian in Atlas Shrugged is a scientist in public university..

and the hero is a glib talking philosophy professor. (among the professors, that is)

ATlas Shrugged boring book..edanna ante Who is John Galt antaaru?

Fountain head is better atleast KGF level elevations vntayi book lo