Autism issue

terminator_desi

29 minutes ago, kr123 said:

Boss

Austism has three major components- behavioural, social and communication

TS said he is academically good so he falls on less severe spectrum 

Social interaction and communication definitely India la better untai than living between 4 walls and iPad iPhones for most of the time in USA

4 years is a little late to go to India but still works I feel

Why nobody diagnosed before 4 years ????

Its very easy for people other than parents to identify illness it’s very mild 

Kid was diagnized in school at 3 years bro.Medically diagnized at 4..took about 8months to get an appointment for medical evaluation

42 minutes ago, prasadkvv said:

Eye contact vunda?? Adhi vunte he can pick up for sure

39 minutes ago, jlo said:

I agree this is the main symptom for autism

adhi vundakapothene autistic antaaru bro...eye contact one of the main symptoms for autism

54 minutes ago, prasadkvv said:

Eye contact vunda?? Adhi vunte he can pick up for sure

intially lekunde bro.but recently since 3-4 months improve ayindi.I can say maintains eye contact 70% of the times now

if speech delay is the only reason , india pampina parledu. but if there is less social interactions , no eye contact etc then definitely better to get therapy here. all the best

35 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

if speech delay is the only reason , india pampina parledu. but if there is less social interactions , no eye contact etc then definitely better to get therapy here. all the best

speech delay is not the only reason bro

7 hours ago, terminator_desi said:

Why nothing to worry bro?Parents are worried a lot.Already preschool lo special education ani tag vesi seperate class lo vesaru.Kid issues are speech delay and not interacting with other kids.Academically kid is good

My son is also labeled as special needs kid but that will not differentiate them. Not all apples look the same,few  ripe early and some late. same way kids are different and Every kid development level is different. Give them time to grow and learn.

Even if they are labeled, when they go to higher education nothing will change.Only key thing I found in parenting is spend time kids as much as we can and talk to them a lot. They don’t learn life from books but they learn from parents.

9 minutes ago, 2020 said:

My son is also labeled as special needs kid but that will not differentiate them. Not all apples look the same,done ripe early and some late. same way kids are different and Every kid development level is different. Give them time to grow and learn.

Even if they are labeled, when they go to higher education nothing will change.Only key thing I found in parenting is spend time kids as much as we can and talk to them a lot. They don’t learn life from books but they learn from parents.

@2020 your comments made my day.Really appreciate your encouraging words bro

8 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

@2020 your comments made my day.Really appreciate your encouraging words bro

I can understand the pain they are going through since I too have been in their shoes. My cousins kid also has developmental delays, so tell them not to worry and we are all with them.

1 minute ago, 2020 said:

I can understand the pain they are going through since I too have been in their shoes. My cousins kid also has developmental delays, so tell them not to worry.

Yup bro.They are very depressed and completely isolated themselves from friends and family.Kid is diagnosed as moderately autistic

26 minutes ago, 2020 said:

My son is also labeled as special needs kid but that will not differentiate them. Not all apples look the same,few  ripe early and some late. same way kids are different and Every kid development level is different. Give them time to grow and learn.

+1 

Every kid develops at different pace. Even I was in limbo with all this. My kid also dint speak a word until 3years and dint communicate well. Little bit of India trip and therapy in India(Ananya, hyderabad) kind of helped but saw drastic differences once he came back and went to school here. 

Every public school system in US has this option of therapy and special classes for kids with developmental delays. 

So dont worry, Enquire in your public school system and have the kid enrolled. They will evaluate and give necessary therapies

My kid is now 4 years and now he reads the books on his own and surprises us everyday with his abilities, he catches new things so quickly. He is only lacking little bit in communication, but it will take time. 

As parents, spend more time with kid and they copy their parents almost 100%.