Jump to content

****NEWZEALAND TOUR OF INDIA 2021 - 3 T20Is & 2 TESTs****


Kool_SRG
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, perugu_vada said:

general ga untaay games .. mari enduko e series ki asalu okka game south india lo pettaledu 

Adegotodu leka bcci is motham dominated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

India A squad for South Africa tour: 

Priyank Panchal (c)

Prithvi Shaw

Abhimanyu Easwaran

Devdutt Padikkal

Sarfaraz Khan

Baba Aparajith

Upendra Yadav (wk),

K Gowtham

Rahul Chahar

Saurabh Kumar

Navdeep Saini

Umran Malik

Ishan Porel

Arzan Nagwaswalla.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MakesSense said:

Ruturaj and Venkatesh Iyer are good picks ,

Its looks tough to see Ruturaj get a spot in XI he has to play as opener, where as Venkatesh Iyer could play at 6 will certainly test his hitting skills some how feel the players picked won't be playing their natural spots.

Rohit

Rahul

Shreyas/Ishan

SKY

Pant

Venkatesh

could be batting order if Ruturaj has to get a game then Rohit/Rahul have to go down and that disturbs bit of balance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 2:40 AM, Kool_SRG said:

Many seniors will be rested ani talk.. Em planning oh Nov 14th ki WC final undhi idhi 17th Nunchi , evadu plan chesaado gaani ongopetti thannaali...

anduke manollu theliviga league stages lonche bayataki vachesaru...eee thelivi thakkuva NZ gallu SF/Final etc. aadi alasipotharu...india raagane egiri thantham...wah..what a strategy Bojja Shastri/VK..mee mohal manda antunna @Sucker

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Its looks tough to see Ruturaj get a spot in XI he has to play as opener, where as Venkatesh Iyer could play at 6 will certainly test his hitting skills some how feel the players picked won't be playing their natural spots.

Rohit

Rahul

Shreyas/Ishan

SKY

Pant

Venkatesh

could be batting order if Ruturaj has to get a game then Rohit/Rahul have to go down and that disturbs bit of balance.

I think batting order should be like who can maximize power play most ( that is where we are weak right now against BIG teams) , to play brave cricket we need at least 2 players in hitting mode with out fear of losing wickets , then middle order can capitalize on that start and shift gears in last 4 overs.

Rohit and Iyer or Ishan kishan should be play fearless cricket and others around him( Rututaj and Rahul ) can pace their innings.

Rohit
Kl Rahul
Ruturaj
Venkatesh Iyer/Ishan
SuryaKumar
Rishab Pant
deepak
ashwin
harshal
siraj
chahal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rohit Sharma to skip entire New Zealand Test series, Virat Kohli opts out of first game; new support staff checks in

Vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the side in the opening Test in Kanpur as Kohli extends his break after opting out of the three-match T20 series starting November 17 in Jaipur.
 
Rohit Sharma (Getty)
 

India's newly-appointed T20 captain Rohit Sharma is set to be rested from the two-match Test series against New Zealand while Virat Kohli will miss the opening match as a "mentally and physically exhausted" Team India gets down to workload management during the home assignment.

Vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the side in the opening Test in Kanpur as Kohli extends his break after opting out of the three-match T20 series starting November 17 in Jaipur.

It is learnt from a reliable BCCI source that the squad has been finalised after a meeting of the selection committee on Thursday but a formal announcement is still awaited.

Other bigwigs who will sit out both the Tests, to be held in Kanpur and Mumbai, are wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant, and the pace duo of Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami.

Rohit will take this break after leading the team in the T20 series. The Tests are scheduled to start on November 25 in Kanpur.

Kohli will be back for the second game in Mumbai from December 3. The Indian Test and ODI captain has spoken extensively about the bubble fatigue and how it has been taking a toll on the players mentally.

In Pant's absence, Wriddhiman Saha will take over the wicket-keeping duties with KS Bharath acting as the second keeper for the series.

The 28-year-old Bharath, who hails from Andhra Pradesh, has only played in the IPL, signed up by Royal Challengers Bangalore, this year.

He was among the five standby players for the home Test series against England this year.

The rest of the squad comprises the usual suspects with Test regulars like Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara and Mayank Agarwal expectedly finding their way in.

New support staff checks in:

As was expected, Paras Mhambrey will join the team as the new bowling coach replacing Bharat Arun, whose tenure ended with India's campaign in the T20 World Cup.

Arun and head coach Ravi Shastri's stint came to a halt with the team's last group stage match against Namibia.

Mhambrey is close to new head coach Rahul Dravid and was part of the support staff during a second-string India's tour of Sri Lanka in July this year where Dravid served as head coach.

Vikram Rathour has been retained as the batting coach after he reapplied for the position, while T Dilip is the new fielding coach.

Dravid, it is learnt, wanted Abhay Sharma to be the fielding coach but the Cricket Advisory Committee has gone with Dilip, who had travelled with the Indian team during the July tour of Sri Lanka.

The 39-year-old was the fielding coach of the Hyderabad team and has also worked with the India A side in the past.

Likely squad for Test series against New Zealand:

==============================

Ajinkya Rahane (captain), K L Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, KS bharath (wk), Ravindra Jadeja.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MEDIA ADVISORY

November 12, 2021

India’s squad for Tests against New Zealand announced

The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked the squad for the upcoming two-match Test series against New Zealand.

India’s Test squad: Ajinkya Rahane (Captain), KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Cheteshwar Pujara (vice-captain), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Wriddhiman Saha (wicket-keeper), KS Bharat (wicket-keeper), Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Axar Patel, Jayant Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Md. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna

Virat Kohli will join the squad for the second Test and will lead the team.

NEW ZEALAND’s TEST TOUR OF INDIA I 2021-22

Day

Date

Match

Venue

Thursday

25th Nov 2021

1st Test

Kanpur

Friday

3rd Dec 2021

2nd Test

Mumbai

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

Rohit Sharma to skip entire New Zealand Test series, Virat Kohli opts out of first game; new support staff checks in

Vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the side in the opening Test in Kanpur as Kohli extends his break after opting out of the three-match T20 series starting November 17 in Jaipur.
 
Rohit Sharma (Getty)
 

India's newly-appointed T20 captain Rohit Sharma is set to be rested from the two-match Test series against New Zealand while Virat Kohli will miss the opening match as a "mentally and physically exhausted" Team India gets down to workload management during the home assignment.

Vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane will lead the side in the opening Test in Kanpur as Kohli extends his break after opting out of the three-match T20 series starting November 17 in Jaipur.

It is learnt from a reliable BCCI source that the squad has been finalised after a meeting of the selection committee on Thursday but a formal announcement is still awaited.

Other bigwigs who will sit out both the Tests, to be held in Kanpur and Mumbai, are wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant, and the pace duo of Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami.

Rohit will take this break after leading the team in the T20 series. The Tests are scheduled to start on November 25 in Kanpur.

Kohli will be back for the second game in Mumbai from December 3. The Indian Test and ODI captain has spoken extensively about the bubble fatigue and how it has been taking a toll on the players mentally.

In Pant's absence, Wriddhiman Saha will take over the wicket-keeping duties with KS Bharath acting as the second keeper for the series.

The 28-year-old Bharath, who hails from Andhra Pradesh, has only played in the IPL, signed up by Royal Challengers Bangalore, this year.

He was among the five standby players for the home Test series against England this year.

The rest of the squad comprises the usual suspects with Test regulars like Hanuma Vihari, Cheteshwar Pujara and Mayank Agarwal expectedly finding their way in.

New support staff checks in:

As was expected, Paras Mhambrey will join the team as the new bowling coach replacing Bharat Arun, whose tenure ended with India's campaign in the T20 World Cup.

Arun and head coach Ravi Shastri's stint came to a halt with the team's last group stage match against Namibia.

Mhambrey is close to new head coach Rahul Dravid and was part of the support staff during a second-string India's tour of Sri Lanka in July this year where Dravid served as head coach.

Vikram Rathour has been retained as the batting coach after he reapplied for the position, while T Dilip is the new fielding coach.

Dravid, it is learnt, wanted Abhay Sharma to be the fielding coach but the Cricket Advisory Committee has gone with Dilip, who had travelled with the Indian team during the July tour of Sri Lanka.

The 39-year-old was the fielding coach of the Hyderabad team and has also worked with the India A side in the past.

Likely squad for Test series against New Zealand:

==============================

Ajinkya Rahane (captain), K L Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Axar Patel, R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, KS bharath (wk), Ravindra Jadeja.

siggundali.  IPL aadinappudu theleedha tired avuthamani?  dabbulu baa dabbulu.  Mallee desam/pride/bongu antoo kaburlu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 12:10 PM, Kool_SRG said:

Many seniors will be rested ani talk.. Em planning oh Nov 14th ki WC final undhi idhi 17th Nunchi , evadu plan chesaado gaani ongopetti thannaali...

vammo.. nonstop cricket. feel bad for the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.