Padma Sri for Garikapati; Chinmayi stirs a discussion

Anta Assamey

17 minutes ago, Varshini2020 said:

Clothing is personal choice and style/trend. Fil doesn't even like men wearing shorts, for him the kaddar or dress pants are the decent dressing but he has to accept when visiting US. Everyone in our house doesn't like nighties, kids don't like the banian and lungi attire of fil and force him to wear the sweatpants and tshirt  giving him his own medicine. Also for abcd's, they feel very weird all kinds of clothing Indians wear when visiting beach.

Personally I feel saree very impractical for daily wear. Once party is over, we have to go back to our sweats/shorts to do the cleaning and all comfortably. 

What is right, what is wrong, who decides. You just go by whatever goes by local culture. When visiting Middle East, not a big deal to wear a head scarf for women to blend better. 

bold are contradicting vundii; 

who is someone to ask what we wear annaru kada malla middle east ki potey head scarf ani antunnar. 

12 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Staring and making vulgar comments also men's right ....are they okay with it? No....pseudo feminists won't answer... They just say it's immoral to do so.. morality is relative

ade kada; kinda video lo ame cheppindii correct teach your boys this that blah blah but do you think those men is the video purposefully staring at those women ???
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZEsJL0lieZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 hours ago, Dabbakai said:

ade vayya curiosity ante revealing clothes, skimpy clothes esukovadam venaka reason endii ani 

valla istam ley; nenem restrict cheyatam ledu. ee dress aina esukovachu. 

I lost some weight recently and felt like I can wear some fashionable clothes just to feel fashionable. If you understand what I mean. For example some guy lost weight and face is prominent now so he wants to grow beard try different hairstyles so as to enhance how his face looks. When he is doing that the reason it is not always attract women. It is to feel good about himself. Maybe poor analogy but if you can relate.

So these fashionable clothes are a little revealing but I want to wear them so badly because I feel like I achieved something by losing weight and want to award myself. I am married and generally satisfied with my married life so it is not to attract anyone. I do not have the need. It is just for myself and to feel trendy. This is just one example of why women want to wear different types of clothes. Different women may have different reasons. Not every reason is to attract men and don’t want attention. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dabbakai said:

agree cheyamani anale; ayana ala matladindu but you can hear same type of comments from your mom in law too. 

inko question kuda adiga previous page lo what's the goal behind wearing skimpy clothes ?? revealing clothes ??  

adi cheppale meeru ? 

Revealing ani analem bro kontha mandiki ave comfort, to each their own. 

Some women have issues with their bodies and don't like to dress in a way that shows it off, again that's totally okay and upto them completely. 

37 minutes ago, Rushabhi said:

I lost some weight recently and felt like I can wear some fashionable clothes just to feel fashionable. If you understand what I mean. For example some guy lost weight and face is prominent now so he wants to grow beard try different hairstyles so as to enhance how his face looks. When he is doing that the reason it is not always attract women. It is to feel good about himself. Maybe poor analogy but if you can relate.

So these fashionable clothes are a little revealing but I want to wear them so badly because I feel like I achieved something by losing weight and want to award myself. I am married and generally satisfied with my married life so it is not to attract anyone. I do not have the need. It is just for myself and to feel trendy. This is just one example of why women want to wear different types of clothes. Different women may have different reasons. Not every reason is to attract men and don’t want attention. 

To be honest a woman who's attractive and dresses trendy is noticeable even if she's not wearing revealing clothes and guys do notice that. Parents should encourage boys to get to know the opposite gender and understand how they perceive things since men and women feel and perceive some fundamental things very differently, I have always been encouraged by my father even when I was in Intermediate to make friends with girls not with an intent to flirt with them but have some female friends in general. 

I would do the same with my kids too whether it's a boy or a girl, sensible parenting would always help them draw the line where it needs to be. That's what I believe, and no one needs to threaten their kids or blackmail them emotionally to get them to do something. 

1 hour ago, Dabbakai said:

bold are contradicting vundii; 

who is someone to ask what we wear annaru kada malla middle east ki potey head scarf ani antunnar. 

One can take it as style statement in that part when visiting. Westerners wear indian when coming to diwali or garba events, it just is one way of experiencing a different culture. Still, it is the choice of the person.

2 minutes ago, Varshini2020 said:

One can take it as style statement in that part when visiting. Westerners wear indian when coming to diwali or garba events, it just is one way of experiencing a different culture. Still, it is the choice of the person.

Not the right analogy...

Wearing different outfits is different from exposing too much. 

Majority of indian men don't know how treat women, so why not wait a bit before exposing too much....same concept -  blend with others and don't go ahead of where the majority of public is.. No one will say anything if you are a heroine and exposing - they have bouncers /security.... problem is when public try to imitate them. 

I'm not supporting rape / vulgar comments / staring - why he has to be blamed on telling how he thinks what is best for current situation in India

1 hour ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Staring and making vulgar comments also men's right ....are they okay with it? No....pseudo feminists won't answer... They just say it's immoral to do so.. morality is relative

That is not moral right, it comes maybe from regressive society and upbringing, or not spending enough time with women, raising with girls, etc. Whether anyone is ok or not, women will have to deal with it in their own way as they can't sit at home. 

to all feminists,

south india is backward.. US lo oka tella gunta eskunna dress oka bhimavaram rajamundry lo oka desi gunta ni eskuni tiragamanu.. 

so idi artham seskuni garikipati lines vinali.. he is talking to them.. mee lanti NRIs anni chusesina metro celebrities ki kaadhu..

we are in exactly midway in between US and tali bhaan..

meeru work/education ki US vachi outside south india ela untundo chusaru.. but oka eluru lone putti perigi job seskuntunna vadiki suddenga oka noodle strap crop top eskuni short tho oka gunta kanipisthe atani lopala feeling pudutundi.. atanu ela react avtado ade vere vishayam.. but aa kamam feeling vastundhi choopu tippukokunda sustadu..

4 minutes ago, Varshini2020 said:

That is not moral right, it comes maybe from regressive society and upbringing, or not spending enough time with women, raising with girls, etc. Whether anyone is ok or not, women will have to deal with it in their own way as they can't sit at home. 

I agree and many educated men agree... But is entire country ready for it? He never said sit at home... Never said don't wear jeans / salwar etc...

Change has to come organically... Not by imitating Western culture / forcefully...

14 hours ago, Varshini2020 said:

ayyayyoo; so middle east ki vellinappudu you can take it as a style statement. 

middle east lo you dont feel that they are dictating what women wear  

but India lo alantivi pedithe; why men have to control what women wear aa ?? 

but India lo comments este; we should not be judged and forced to wear in a certain way aa lol  

14 hours ago, Varshini2020 said:

women frnds vuntey entha mandi abbaila mom dad's reprimand chesevaru; if you had known those days ??

neeku abbaile dorakaleda ani,

14 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

I agree and many educated men agree... But is entire country ready for it? He never said sit at home... Never said don't wear jeans / salwar etc...

Change has to come organically... Not by imitating Western culture / forcefully...

you agree only to the extent that it is convenient to you. you are so aggrieved that garikapati has been taken out of context, when it doesn't even matter to the conversation.

how can change come 'organically' if garikapati doesnt acknowledge that his comments were in poor taste? and that he will do better next time?

14 hours ago, h2o said:

to all feminists,

south india is backward.. US lo oka tella gunta eskunna dress oka bhimavaram rajamundry lo oka desi gunta ni eskuni tiragamanu.. 

so idi artham seskuni garikipati lines vinali.. he is talking to them.. mee lanti NRIs anni chusesina metro celebrities ki kaadhu..

we are in exactly midway in between US and tali bhaan..

meeru work/education ki US vachi outside south india ela untundo chusaru.. but oka eluru lone putti perigi job seskuntunna vadiki suddenga oka noodle strap crop top eskuni short tho oka gunta kanipisthe atani lopala feeling pudutundi.. atanu ela react avtado ade vere vishayam.. but aa kamam feeling vastundhi choopu tippukokunda sustadu..

there's no need to talk like that. especially in a lecture. I'm assuming pravachanam means lecture, since I don't know telugu that well.

the only thing that anyone can say about this issue is to respect consent on every side. man/woman whoever it is. everything else is just conservative backward bs.

16 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

are nayana etla anna esukoo. 

I don't want to use but some clothes don't feel like that you want flaunt that you have lost weight. nenu alanti clothes gurinchi chepthunna. meeru emaina esukondi; emaina chesukondi. and its biological for a guy to stare; mee intent adi kakapovachu but nenu ela anna tirugutha meeru stare cheyoddu ani antaru dani pai mee spandana.