Best place to store photos/Pics/Files etc

JambaKantu

2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Ee personal hard disk old style bro make use of cloud 

Google and Apple both are good 

I use Google drive 

How much you pay ?

I use sandisk extreme pro ssd. Super fast in data transfers . 700 GB copied in 15 mins. If cloud go with gcloud. Ebay lo unlimited cloud ani low prices offer chestadu..don't buy them...ur data won't be secure.

57 minutes ago, rowdimogudu said:

I use sandisk extreme pro ssd. Super fast in data transfers . 700 GB copied in 15 mins. If cloud go with gcloud. Ebay lo unlimited cloud ani low prices offer chestadu..don't buy them...ur data won't be secure.

Post link please 

Where are you going to store your external backup disk? In your home? If there is a fire accident or burglary - everything goes poof!

How many copies are you going to store on redundant disks and store the redundant disks away from your home - each in different locations? Are you going to backup your data to those redundant disks on a daily basis and consistently - even if the disks are stored in your home? How much does it cost in terms of your time and efforts to do all that forever?

Just pay iCloud or OneDrive or Google Drive or Amazon annually and have them backed up regularly and redundantly in the cloud. 2 TB for $10 per month on iCloud or $100 per year for 6 TB on OneDrive - it is dirt cheap. Just don’t compare with the cost of an external disk which is a flawed solution anyway. Pro services do it for a living in a highly secure, climate-controlled environment and they are there for a reason.

Backing up to hard disks are obsolete for a reason. External disk storage ideas are from the 20th century.

Synology NAS drive will be a affordable solution. You can also use for music/video media server and stream from tv and mobiles. You can look up in Amazon and YouTube.  I have been using from past 8 years