Last week interview lo question

Vaaaampire

19 hours ago, Vaaaampire said:

There is nothing we can do. Everyone needs most optimized solution in shortest time. But truth is that only person who already solved it before that way would be able to do it. 

19 hours ago, Vaaaampire said:

Most of the time interview questions are based on personal exp. 
will send you few links by tomorrow.

I remember mentioning you. Always try to go to management role in current company. That would open many doors. Ic to mgr in external company needs lot of faking

dhora pls share those linkes to me as well... thx

35 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

Nope. Talking with A about the issue exhibits ur bias towards A.  Asking B about evidence will totally work against you.

correct answer: i will contact HR explaining the complete situation and would act as per their advice. 
you have to explain why you would do this. Some points are

1) since i know A for many years and have very good impression, there is high possibility that i would be showing unintentional bias.

2) Hr’s are more experienced in dealing with this issue. Considering the sensitivity of the issue, i think its better to get experts opinion before handling it.

etc etc

right pass on some links @Vaaaampire

20 hours ago, Spartan said:

to be more subtle I would ask can he give a real world use case scenario where the solution or path to the solution for this would fit into

Frankly it's not a difficult question for a typical leetcoder atleast if bruteforce is applied

For every character start a dfs if that character is in the beginning of list. Once the word is done revert back and delete the word from list

32 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

Technical mgrs ni adugutharu gaa

tech managers emi code chestharu vaaa.....naa manager gaadu ithe chesaaraa emi chesaaru ...eppudu ayipothundhi.....anthe..he does nothing else

tech manager Qs vunte pampu

3 hours ago, Vaaaampire said:

One trickiest question.

imagine you have 2 people A & B in ur team. A has been reporting to you since many years with amazing performance and you totally trust. B joined 2 months back. Imagine a situation where B brings to ur notice that A made some sexxual remarks on her and you totally believe A would never do that. What would u do in this situation.

@Spartan ittanti questions expect cheyyi mgr interviews lo current dei situation valla. Deeniki em answer isthav. Edi ichina manalni grill chestharu

nenu ithe idharini balayya movie ki pampistha..settle chesukoni randi ani..okk ajai balayya matram tho set avutharu ani cheppsthaa...:)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vaaaampire said:

One trickiest question.

imagine you have 2 people A & B in ur team. A has been reporting to you since many years with amazing performance and you totally trust. B joined 2 months back. Imagine a situation where B brings to ur notice that A made some sexxual remarks on her and you totally believe A would never do that. What would u do in this situation.

@Spartan ittanti questions expect cheyyi mgr interviews lo current dei situation valla. Deeniki em answer isthav. Edi ichina manalni grill chestharu

Listen to both sides, and report the incident to HR and let HR handle from there. HR will ask about both and honestly answer all the questions.

52 minutes ago, Mr Mirchi said:

tech managers emi code chestharu vaaa.....naa manager gaadu ithe chesaaraa emi chesaaru ...eppudu ayipothundhi.....anthe..he does nothing else

tech manager Qs vunte pampu

I used to write code as well as code reviews when i was working

31 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Listen to both sides, and report the incident to HR and let HR handle from there. HR will ask about both and honestly answer all the questions.

You should not even listen to second party. Just deligate it to hr. Thats the best thing.  

17 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

You should not even listen to second party. Just deligate it to hr. Thats the best thing.  

Being a manager if they come to talk to you, you have to listen. Report to HR and let them deal with it.

https://medium.com/srivatsan-sridharan/cracking-the-engineering-manager-interview-part-1-adb0b63c7f2f

@Spartan this is good read.

total 5 parts in this series. U can find links at bottom of the page.

my suggestion for preparing for mgr interview without exp: briefly write down all ur experiences with the managers u worked so far. What u normally discuss in 1:1’s. How you discuss about projects etc

• Upvote 1