my observation

tables

12 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Throw some light on the attitude. 

Even though i never had interns in my team, we had an intern program and I used to interact with them in other teams. They are a bundle of energy and good ideas. And when they come to a corporate environment they are usually disappointed because of slow progress, process overheads, slow decision making, etc. They have a completely different picture of what we do in office. They think of us working like in movies, with algorithms, click the button and eagerly waiting for response. 

two examples…

one intern is female…Bangladeshi…she don’t accept her mistakes and always blame others…absolutely no work ethics…doesn’t come to office and doesn’t show up online also..all the time away status…raise pull requests and request her friends to approve her pull requests…and get it merged…already we put her in PIP …almost she could have fired…but in final min i said lets give another chance …but no use….

another one is male.. from east asia…he is good in code..but he likes to work on nights …during daytime he just spend his time whatever he want…we have to capture his updates next day…

note: both are citizens…

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

two examples…

one intern is female…Bangladeshi…she don’t accept her mistakes and always blame others…absolutely no work ethics…doesn’t come to office and doesn’t show up online also..all the time away status…raise pull requests and request her friends to approve her pull requests…and get it merged…already we put her in PIP …almost she could have fired…but in final min i said lets give another chance …but no use….

another one is male.. from east asia…he is good in code..but he likes to work on nights …during daytime he just spend his time whatever he want…we have to capture his updates next day…

Interesting. 

31 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

where are they doing undergrad from? that will be a better indicator

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

True. A friends daughter graduated in DS from berkeley recently and got an Awesome package from Oracle. Dream for anyone and esp for a Fresher. This kid was planning to become a doctor and changed the path midway. 

Another friends daughter graduated from UCLA (CS) and got a similar package from Intuit in SD. 

Its true US market is going to be flooded with these fresh graduates creating issues for H1s and OPTs.

Aa package amount entho kuda cheppu bro. 

19 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

where are they doing undergrad from? that will be a better indicator

not sure…they were recently reassigned to me…i don’t want know their past…but treating them as test subjects to improve my managerial skills…

10 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

treating them as test subjects

that is not a good attitude to be a manager.  good managers are empathetic and help their team members grow and be successful

12 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

that is not a good attitude to be a manager.  good managers are empathetic and help their team members grow and be successful

i have been empathetic…and thats why one intern is still working bro…her case went to top management…but i said lets give another chance…

agree…i shouldn’t call test subjects…but they are good practice for me…

On 1/4/2024 at 7:40 PM, Tellugodu said:

Aa package amount entho kuda cheppu bro. 

$150-$180K base + Bonus + RSU

• Upvote 1