Software industry ki tough times ahead?

veerigadu

43 minutes ago, keertana said:

this time it is going to be different. have you experienced the github copilot? I did and I am sure that there won't be H1's after 5 years 

it may be good..corporates wont trust that code…

its a copy of someone’s code …

for example…AI raasina code lo security scan issues ..etc vaste…? who’s gonna resolve…AI again…?

it’s merely a tool for developer not a replacement for developer…

chaala companies lo copilot is not accessible…purposely…

simple thing…if lawyer firms is widely using chatgpt or any generative AI for their legal documentation…then i can agree AI is replacing jobs…

9 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Oka entry level position ki almost 85 applications avvachayiiii in my company. Andaru thelloleee from Georgia tech and George Mason etc. Okkodu kummesaruuu interview lo...

Next gen thellolu kudaaa paddaru eee software meedhaaa......

ChAT GPT/automation threat elanooo unde undhiii......

Nannuuu mingakandi....Just analyzing the future. 

@dasari4kntr what do you think about this whole picture?

Market is really bad this year. I have been looking at whats happening in our company vs others.  Its really bad for full time employees, L3 and L2 employees. So much pressure on teams to reduce their budgets. 
I do not see this improving in 2024. May be after Q3 2024 but not before that. 

Neither stock markets nor housing market see to reflect this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bharathicement said:

But but but

We have Witch companies that supply testers and DevOps at fractional rate of Tellolla salary right?

I don't think that is true unless role is moved to offshore. Based on what I heard these companies also charge more then 80$ per hour. That is 160k+. 

11 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

idi nenu db lo chaala saarlu cheppanu…

in my opinion industry is moving from resource based to domain based….

previously we have developer (backend , frontend) , testers (manual and automation), operate (who manages servers, deployments, network policies..etc) its kind 5-6 jobs…

now everything automated become like full stack developer and devops…(two jobs)…

its a rough example…

so jobs become less…competition will be more…in this case we need to have additional skill like domain expertise…like fintech, insurance domain..etc because at one point of time BA layer also will be merged in full stack…

BAs already gone bhayya

learning domain is a waste man, instead focussing on technical skills help you in getting higher pay eventually

some companies still have POs (Product Owners) they are slowly going away and replaced/renamed as PMs (Product Managers), this will probably stay for a while 

ippudu tech lo just engineering anthe, they do all the development, release, post prod support and even test

4 areas : engineering (who does all dev and support work), XD (Design and content), Program and Product

ee structure vastundi ippudu mostly unless its legacy banking or insurance tech, banking also slowly changing now a days into these roles mostly

3 hours ago, Peddayana said:

layoffs, company lo projects left and right closing, budget constraints, reprioritizing everything and asking folks to justify why they are doing what they doing - ivi jarugutunnayi ippudu

looks like tech is preparing to be lean and save costs as much as possible, I'm thinking of following reasons:

• Pandemic overhiring (already layoffs chesesaru chala companies)
  • Preparing for AI disruption in business
  • Twitter impact (musk showed that he can do the same thing with less folks so this showed everyone that they have too many people in their orgs)
  • Shareholder pressures ( profit margins increase kosam laying off)
  • India/other countries lo hiring and ikkada stopped new roles, saw this in last 1 year from many companies

Tech companies lo Gee penta ki idhi oka major reason along with Macro economics 

16 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Oka entry level position ki almost 85 applications avvachayiiii in my company. Andaru thelloleee from Georgia tech and George Mason etc. Okkodu kummesaruuu interview lo...

Next gen thellolu kudaaa paddaru eee software meedhaaa......

ChAT GPT/automation threat elanooo unde undhiii......

Nannuuu mingakandi....Just analyzing the future. 

@dasari4kntr what do you think about this whole picture?

Yes baganey leputhunnaru. FAANG lo covid time hire ayina scrap batch ni focus lo pettaru. They bought people in excess. 

15 hours ago, kittaya said:

We are hiring tella male lu ... Thella females not joining I dunno why ... Applications also not coming to select at least ... Diversity penchudham ante peragatla

Hiring ad lo nee photo pettava?  mundu adhi theesi para 10ngu.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

idi nenu db lo chaala saarlu cheppanu…

in my opinion industry is moving from resource based to domain based….

previously we have developer (backend , frontend) , testers (manual and automation), operate (who manages servers, deployments, network policies..etc) its kind 5-6 jobs…

now everything automated become like full stack developer and devops…(two jobs)…

its a rough example…

so jobs become less…competition will be more…in this case we need to have additional skill like domain expertise…like fintech, insurance domain..etc because at one point of time BA layer also will be merged in full stack…

Already konni firms lo scrum master and product owner role okkallakey istunnaru.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

10 yrs is too far, 5 yrs lo H1 will be redundant.

Companies always want to cut profit and if not H1B they will outsource to indian or other 3rd party markets as anyways its all hybrid or remote jobs...

But yes overall software industry may not be mass employer and some jobs taggutaayi due to AI , lack of software innovations and other reasons

Steve jobs 2007 loo iphone introduction was one massive revolution and till date software industry loo version upgrades tappa nothing exciting happening..

now they are talking about ChatGPT , AI .... chudali how much they influence the software industry

• Upvote 1

Companies know moving the dev projects to offshore not gonna work and those project might have 20% ROI.

So they offshore primarily operations.

Gen AI vunna entha AI ayina, quality check should done by people. 

Next 10 to 15 years ayithe no problem. 

Offshore teams lo kuda very good developers leru. The Good Kids in India joining in the Start Ups and getting into different industries.

The young generation kids will not work 20 to 30 years in a row. They will work few years & pursue their other passions.

Their might be shift how to change in the Job. Most of the roles filled by references. 

Some like Finance, Insurance, State, and Federal projects will need H1B for sure. 

7 hours ago, Peddayana said:

learning domain is a waste man, instead focussing on technical skills

this. you need to know what you are working on. your future employer won't care about your domain knowledge. 

36 minutes ago, andhra_jp said:

Companies always want to cut profit and if not H1B they will outsource to indian or other 3rd party markets as anyways its all hybrid or remote jobs...

But yes overall software industry may not be mass employer and some jobs taggutaayi due to AI , lack of software innovations and other reasons

Steve jobs 2007 loo iphone introduction was one massive revolution and till date software industry loo version upgrades tappa nothing exciting happening..

now they are talking about ChatGPT , AI .... chudali how much they influence the software industry

thammudu-letter-tammudu.gif

• Haha 2