Firearms 101 thread

kakatiya

1 hour ago, pichhipullayya said:

I am on H1b and i want to learn safety and learn to shoot

So essentially not possible for me then ?

@kakatiya same in all states or its state specific

You can hire a range safety officer safety class..you pay for the class and firearm. you will rent firearm Everytime you go to range..it will cost you 100$-120$ per visit.. for range safety officer time..you pay 45$ 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sucker said:

At least ind poyyindhi true champion Aus chethi la mee 49's poyyindhi oka ninna nibbi la idol swift chethi la. Chala diff vundhi ani antunna @Naaperushiva

Ante KC true champion kaadu ani voppukuntunnava ? :D

2 hours ago, Sucker said:

Yes without training show minge batch vuntadhi ga in every lolli. Gun pelachatam raakunda theeakochi intla pedthe yemosthadhi.

See see @csrcsranna

Gun pelchadam vachani show minging anna ..Front & back musukoni mee pillalu aadukune pistol csrcsr annaki icheyyu

fool.gif

• Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, kakatiya said:

There are many firearm experts in this group. This thread intention is to introduce basics of firearm,firearm purchase,  conceal carry permits, firearm safety.

Before purchasing :

step 1: firearms safety class with any NRA certified instructor ..usually these are offered for free, unless you want certification.

Step 2:

Next attempt is to go for basic pistol or handgun shooting class. These training class includes in-person class followed by  indoor/outdoor shooting range.  Basics such as Handling of firearm,  grip, using protection such as ear protection, eye protection glasses, magazine safety release, grip safety , trigger safety, drop safety will be taught.

Search of instructor near you.. https://www.nrainstructors.org/search.aspx

ear protection: purchase walker ear headsets or any headsets that are proven at noise canceling 26 dB or higher.. remember once the ear 👂 hearing is lost you cannot regain them. 

Eye protection is very important as flying hot brass can damage your eyes. Your handgun might explode if it is a used one or bad squid load because of bad ammo.  

____<<<__________next_____HandGUn-----

Which handgun to purchase, long rifle ? Ar style guns ? Higher capacity magazines etc ?.

Before you purchase your handgun, stop by nearest gun store and get a feel of handgrip ,weight .. higher caliber guns give you high recoil, heavy trigger pull weight.. dont go for higher magnum for first purchase. Beretta, sig sauer, Taurus have some lightweight low recoil concealed carry guns..good for some practice..most instructors teach you on a 9mm handguns 

Purpose: home defense ? (.380acp,9mm, .45 acp is must)

Plinking ?(22lr is good enough). Kal tec, gsg 1911 22 lr, Taurus 22tx are ideal and cheap.

Expensive and must have  in .22lr category -> 1911 browning black label 22lr. Great for conceal carry. 

25 acp 32 acp too but the ammo is hard to find. 

45acp-ammo.jpg

Handgun ammunition type 

Cheapest : .22lr , 9mm and .380 (note: supply chain issues doubled the price of ammo..hard to find cheaper ones).

Popular-Pistol-Calibers-Labeled-1024x683

Where to buy 

Before you buy a handgun --> use Google " your handgun of choice + gun.deals" for best price . Next select  FFL . Call your nearest gun store and ask them if you can use them as ffl and if they charge anything for ffl and background checks. My store don't as I buy ammo from them, they are nice.

Next for ammo --> use Google " ammo.seek  ammo type"

Used guns Gunbrokers (it is like eBay) and Armslist (craiglist of guns)

Use eBay to buy grips, Hollister's, magazines ..silhouettes for target practice 

Join Facebook groups..

Remember --- never point the gun unless you know your target and direction of you fire

Wear eye protection 🥽 ear protection and gloves to avoid lead contact .. hot brass. 

Maintenance:

There are lot of moving parts in your guns.. depending on number of rounds you put.. regular oiling , field strip is important. 

A lot of guns have fte(failure to eject) and ftf problems (failure to feed) after you put 2000,3000 rounds. So oiling after field strip is important.

Hilite thread bro...ippudu DB lo unna liberals osthaaru emo edupu start cheyyadaniki

18 minutes ago, papampasivadu said:

Hilite thread bro...ippudu DB lo unna liberals osthaaru emo edupu start cheyyadaniki

I m liberal too and strongly believe gun restrictions are must. Why ?

During time of English , French colonies guns were required for various reasons.

1. Self protection from native Indian tribes ,  from colonial inteuders.. patriotism..symbol of patriots..

Also at the same time .. to protect farms, farm animals  from pests and coyotes , bears etc

uSA gave away large acres of farms for immigrants who arrived in North America from Europe. But they only gave these large free lands to white men. Even though they freed black from slavery through proclamation , they never gave black people free lands to thrive ..so they remained poor.

For white Americans gun are symbol of pride and control.. they used to teach kids how to operate guns in farm at very young age. They treated guns with respect and pride. Teenegers used to go for rounds in farm for days to protect their land from foreign settlers and animals trying to destroy their cattle..basically cow boys, ranch boys.. so teenegers used guns with respect as they need to preserve the ammo.

Fast forward after world war two.with rise of capitalism..for teenegers and young high school kids guns became object of classroom bullying.. and gang violence for suppressed black.. drug gangs for Mexicans.. bad people can run high caliber long round high capacity magazines through illegal modifications

EExcept for first mass shooter who is mentally sick  marine from Austin Texas in 1960s.. columbine school to Virginia tech shooter ..the motive is bullying..envy ..difference of wealth between rich and poor.. jealousy ..majority of mass shooters are quite young with no hope for future. 

how can gun violence  be fixed ?

1. All new gun owners  who are below age of 25 must take safety and mental test .. anyone below age of 18 should never have access to guns and it is responsibility of their parent 

enterprise car rental won't rent a car to a person below age 25 without high insurance liability ..why should we give them access to guns. 

I support .22 caliber guns to kids and teenagers for competition..but these guns must be locked at a complex or with parent securely .

2.  For home safety I agree with the fact high magazine guns should be allowed. These must be secured through finger print locked gun safes.. without access to kids. 

2019-Gun-Safes-Fingerprint-Biometric-and

Any other collection guns should be unloaded and locked 

locked-gun-suzy-tolen-336x336.jpg

3. Hunting rifles/ shot guns:

Unfortunately majority of these hunting firearms are always kept loaded because we never know where the bears and wild animals approach your home in middle of nowhere with little time to react.. your pets , cattle, sheep in farm might be under attack of wild Coyotes or cougars with little to no time..but they must be at a height where no kid under 18 should have access to..any one between 18-25 must and should apply for licensce to operate and pass the exam every 18 months. Adults above 25 are not required and can only renew every five years.

4 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

I m liberal too and strongly believe gun restrictions are must. Why ?

During time of English , French colonies guns were required for various reasons.

1. Self protection from native Indian tribes ,  from colonial inteuders.. patriotism..symbol of patriots..

Also at the same time .. to protect farms, farm animals  from pests and coyotes , bears etc

uSA gave away large acres of farms for immigrants who arrived in North America from Europe. But they only gave these large free lands to white men. Even though they freed black from slavery through proclamation , they never gave black people free lands to thrive ..so they remained poor.

For white Americans gun are symbol of pride and control.. they used to teach kids how to operate guns in farm at very young age. They treated guns with respect and pride. Teenegers used to go for rounds in farm for days to protect their land from foreign settlers and animals trying to destroy their cattle..basically cow boys, ranch boys.. so teenegers used guns with respect as they need to preserve the ammo.

Fast forward after world war two.with rise of capitalism..for teenegers and young high school kids guns became object of classroom bullying.. and gang violence for suppressed black.. drug gangs for Mexicans.. bad people can run high caliber long round high capacity magazines through illegal modifications

I agree with you on the history part bro...but in current contemporary politics, the far liberal left want's a blanket firearm ban irrespective of circumstances...most of the cases, gun crime is committed by non-licensed holders with illegal guns whereas legislative bans will apply to licensed gun holders. Gun restrictions are a must and are already in place.

As far as Canadian history is concerned, some of the indigenous tribes still maintain that hunter-gatherer lifestyle and Trudeau wants to ban guns in rural areas because of knife stabbing in urban areas

51 minutes ago, papampasivadu said:

I agree with you on the history part bro...but in current contemporary politics, the far liberal left want's a blanket firearm ban irrespective of circumstances...most of the cases, gun crime is committed by non-licensed holders with illegal guns whereas legislative bans will apply to licensed gun holders. Gun restrictions are a must and are already in place.

As far as Canadian history is concerned, some of the indigenous tribes still maintain that hunter-gatherer lifestyle and Trudeau wants to ban guns in rural areas because of knife stabbing in urban areas

Gun crimes is result of poor job by ATF. They are the ones that need to make sure guns don't end up with bad guys..

ATF, Enforcer of Gun Laws, Lost 'Thousands of Firearms, Firearm Parts' to Thieves

The agency should be abolished and its employees sent to seek jobs in the private sector.

21 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Gun crimes is result of poor job by ATF. They are the ones that need to make sure guns don't end up with bad guys..

ATF, Enforcer of Gun Laws, Lost 'Thousands of Firearms, Firearm Parts' to Thieves

The agency should be abolished and its employees sent to seek jobs in the private sector.

what can a single agency do when the country has an open border...estimates say some 10-12 million illegals entered since Biden got elected....manushulane aapaleka pothe ika firearms, drugs and contraband paristhiti enti?

3 hours ago, pichhipullayya said:

I am on H1b and i want to learn safety and learn to shoot

So essentially not possible for me then ?

@kakatiya same in all states or its state specific

You can buy, but need to go through some background verification and there is also country restriction. Recently bought a Glock 17, I am on GC but still need to go through verification took 1 week. When I was in the store I asked him what is the process for H1b, he said their franchise store RangeUSA doesn't sell to visa holders, but it is possible to sell them after verification, some other stores do sell guns for visa holders

Here are the forms you need to fill

https://ucr.fbi.gov/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/quick-reference-sheet-for-non-u.s.-citizens-purchasing-a-firearm.pdf

55 minutes ago, papampasivadu said:

what can a single agency do when the country has an open border...estimates say some 10-12 million illegals entered since Biden got elected....manushulane aapaleka pothe ika firearms, drugs and contraband paristhiti enti?

no they all go through paperwork.. but the ones that cross the border illegally across the texas border cannot be controlled... Indians are in third place :(

3 hours ago, kathiramdasu said:

You can buy, but need to go through some background verification and there is also country restriction. Recently bought a Glock 17, I am on GC but still need to go through verification took 1 week. When I was in the store I asked him what is the process for H1b, he said their franchise store RangeUSA doesn't sell to visa holders, but it is possible to sell them after verification, some other stores do sell guns for visa holders

Here are the forms you need to fill

https://ucr.fbi.gov/nics/federal-firearms-licensees/quick-reference-sheet-for-non-u.s.-citizens-purchasing-a-firearm.pdf

As of now do not want to buy anna..

want to learn how to use different fire arms and shoot in range for fun..

deeniki Visa holder cheyya vachha leda anedi naa question ante..

THE FIREARM INDUSTRY TRADE ASSOCIATION

NSSF leads the way in advocating for the industry and its business and jobs, keeping guns out of the wrong hands, encouraging enjoyment of recreational shooting and hunting and helping people better understand the industry’s lawful products.

• 2 weeks later...