Firearms 101 thread

kakatiya

• 3 weeks later...
Country Manufacturer Model Receiver Style Rear Style Barrel Length In. Optics Rail Reviews Recommendation Notes
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7SF Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7K (SBR) Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 8.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best short AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7K Pistol Milled-ARM SF ARM SF (Pistol) 10.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The 2nd best pistol AK currently imported into the US Note: these come with a fake muzzle device, in order to convert the front end of the gun you need a new front sight block and have to SAM7K chop the barrel
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM744K Pistol Milled-ARM SF ARM SF (1913) 8.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best pistol AK currently imported into the US These come with a 1913 rail adapter for braces, and have threaded barrels with a proper barrel length. (better than old SAM7K) Can come with Quad rails.
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7SFK-80 (Gambit) Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 8.5 (+8 from Gambit) Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best pistol AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7R Milled-ARM AR-M Stock 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best Fixed stock AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7UF Milled-ARM UF UnderFolder 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best Underfolder AK currently imported into the US Has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107R Stamped (74) Fixed stock AKM 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107FR Stamped (74) 4.5mm hinge 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107UR AKSU 4.5mm hinge 16 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107UR (SBR) AKSU 4.5mm hinge 8.5 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107CR Stamped (74) 4.5mm hinge 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Romania Cugir GP WASR-10 (UF version available too) AKM AKM 16.3 Romanian 10k rounds with AKOU and still goingBattleField Vegas - WASR tends to go 60k+ rounds The best bottom barrel imported AK Usually Terrible furniture, great Rifle, may or may not come with Bayonetlug and unwelded muzzle device, depending on state
Romania Cugir GP WASR-10/63 AKM AKM 16.3 Romanian 10k rounds with AKOU and still goingBattleField Vegas - WASR tends to go 60k+ rounds The best bottom barrel imported AK Uses some surplus military parts, can come with different stocks.
Romania Cugir Draco (Romanian) AKM Underfolder AKM 11.75 None N/A - Cugir guns are solid Better QC than WASR (This is the REAL Draco) Pistol (This is the Draco you want)
Romania Cugir Mini Draco AKM AKM 7.75 N/A - Cugir guns are solid Better QC than WASR (This is the REAL Draco) This is the short version of a real Draco, but it's an odd cookie Shortish version of the Draco

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:
Country Manufacturer Model Receiver Style Rear Style Barrel Length In. Optics Rail Reviews Recommendation Notes
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7SF Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7K (SBR) Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 8.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best short AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7K Pistol Milled-ARM SF ARM SF (Pistol) 10.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The 2nd best pistol AK currently imported into the US Note: these come with a fake muzzle device, in order to convert the front end of the gun you need a new front sight block and have to SAM7K chop the barrel
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM744K Pistol Milled-ARM SF ARM SF (1913) 8.5 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best pistol AK currently imported into the US These come with a 1913 rail adapter for braces, and have threaded barrels with a proper barrel length. (better than old SAM7K) Can come with Quad rails.
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7SFK-80 (Gambit) Milled-ARM SF ARM SF 8.5 (+8 from Gambit) Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best pistol AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7R Milled-ARM AR-M Stock 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best Fixed stock AK currently imported into the US Can come with Quad Rails, has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SAM7UF Milled-ARM UF UnderFolder 16.3 Bulgarian BattleField Vegas - SAM7s haven't failed 300,000+ rounds The best Underfolder AK currently imported into the US Has thumb selector
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107R Stamped (74) Fixed stock AKM 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107FR Stamped (74) 4.5mm hinge 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107UR AKSU 4.5mm hinge 16 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107UR (SBR) AKSU 4.5mm hinge 8.5 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Bulgaria Arsenal ((10)) SLR107CR Stamped (74) 4.5mm hinge 16.3 Bulgarian Pre-2013 SLR passes AKOU 5k rounds   Can come with Quad Rails
Romania Cugir GP WASR-10 (UF version available too) AKM AKM 16.3 Romanian 10k rounds with AKOU and still goingBattleField Vegas - WASR tends to go 60k+ rounds The best bottom barrel imported AK Usually Terrible furniture, great Rifle, may or may not come with Bayonetlug and unwelded muzzle device, depending on state
Romania Cugir GP WASR-10/63 AKM AKM 16.3 Romanian 10k rounds with AKOU and still goingBattleField Vegas - WASR tends to go 60k+ rounds The best bottom barrel imported AK Uses some surplus military parts, can come with different stocks.
Romania Cugir Draco (Romanian) AKM Underfolder AKM 11.75 None N/A - Cugir guns are solid Better QC than WASR (This is the REAL Draco) Pistol (This is the Draco you want)
Romania Cugir Mini Draco AKM AKM 7.75 N/A - Cugir guns are solid Better QC than WASR (This is the REAL Draco) This is the short version of a real Draco, but it's an odd cookie Shortish version of the Draco

The cheapest Zastava (new) is about $1000.00. I know the Century's get a bad rap, but there are two Century Lines. There is the Century that makes their own AKs and those aren't good. Then, there is the stuff Century imports. All of the WASRs are 100% imported and made in a Romanian Arsenal. Century just gets them into America. If you read the reviews on the WASRs, you'll find them quite favorable and the best value in the AK Market. 

WASR info: made by Cugir Arms Factory in Romania, imported by Century Arms. 

Zastava is great as well. Both guns hold their value very well. If you look on Gunbroker sold items, the used ZPAPs and WASRs go for nearly as much used as they do new, which is always a good sign.

The other options are the Pioneer Arms Polish Imports (not the Pioneer Arms stuff made in USA). They are made in the Radom Factory in Poland. These can be had for just under $800 and though reviews are more variable, the long term performance seems to work well (forged receivers). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 11:57 AM, kakatiya said:

WASR info: made by Cugir Arms Factory in Romania, imported by Century Arms. 

Zastava is great as well. Both guns hold their value very well. 

Wasr trunnion issues untayi, it's not worth the $200-250 savings over Zastava. Zastava- FB radom- WBP- WASR order la untayi quality wise . Emina konnava inthaki, just knowledge post aa ?

On 2/3/2024 at 3:59 PM, Captain_nd_Coke said:

For folks on h1- can they use/own?

On 2/3/2024 at 4:12 PM, kakatiya said:

You cannot own..however you can rent and shoot in range under range officer supervision.

Yes, you can. Refer [18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]  AAA TEA EFF section chudu. Steps involved , state specific ga ithe vastly vary...normal states 2a friendly ithe, 

Complete hunter education course - 45- 50$ , or go to your state s DPS website, if they are affiliated with NRA. Free untadi NRA Hunter's ED. Print n save your Hunter'ed certificate after you pass the test. 

Buy a hunting license from your state, preferably paper one. You don't need to necessarily go hunting. Just take it with you when visiting ranges . 

Apply your state's LTC or CHL equivalent and complete finger prints and BG check n all. Once yopu receive you card, DOn't forget to renew you r hunter's license every year. You can buy, carry as you wish. 

Bllue state la kooda same untadi, wait times ekuva untayi. Contact an attorney for state specific laws. 

8 hours ago, Maggavale said:

Wasr trunnion issues untayi, it's not worth the $200-250 savings over Zastava. Zastava- FB radom- WBP- WASR order la untayi quality wise . Emina konnava inthaki, just knowledge post aa ?

No I got a wasr 10  Romanian Built.  Yet to take it to the range. Ar 15 built is pending. Assembled the lower receiver..build still incomplete.

Might get a tikka t3x lower and how 1500 upper for prs rifle .. in .308 with Leopold. 

Out of space for now 

8 hours ago, Maggavale said:

Yes, you can. Refer [18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]  AAA TEA EFF section chudu. Steps involved , state specific ga ithe vastly vary...normal states 2a friendly ithe, 

Complete hunter education course - 45- 50$ , or go to your state s DPS website, if they are affiliated with NRA. Free untadi NRA Hunter's ED. Print n save your Hunter'ed certificate after you pass the test. 

Buy a hunting license from your state, preferably paper one. You don't need to necessarily go hunting. Just take it with you when visiting ranges . 

Apply your state's LTC or CHL equivalent and complete finger prints and BG check n all. Once yopu receive you card, DOn't forget to renew you r hunter's license every year. You can buy, carry as you wish. 

Bllue state la kooda same untadi, wait times ekuva untayi. Contact an attorney for state specific laws. 

No ffl that I know of will sell a firearm to an alien. Even the NRA strictly states they dont allow anyone that is not a permanent resident or us citizen. I will ask my NRA folks again in our next range meet. 

I would like to know if any successfully did, this will help us increase our next class size. 

1 hour ago, kakatiya said:

No ffl that I know of will sell a firearm to an alien. Even the NRA strictly states they dont allow anyone that is not a permanent resident or us citizen. I will ask my NRA folks again in our next range meet. 

I would like to know if any successfully did, this will help us increase our next class size. 

While this is a great thread and nicely put with some of the very good info. , This is a complete misinformation. This is exactly where the LTC / CHL permit falls in place. I am on H and successfully navigated the path I mentioned above. My hunter's ed cert. was issued by State with N R A test results. 

brahmi-king-brahmi.gif

I did buy successfully and do own a few , 4th of July sale la BCM upper konna , already unna m4E1  lower ki. assemble cheyyali time chuskoni.  In TEXAS , LTC unte you don't even have to go through   ENN EYE CEE YES. It's a direct sale @ eff eff LLL . 

On 8/1/2024 at 1:15 AM, Maggavale said:

While this is a great thread and nicely put with some of the very good info. , This is a complete misinformation. This is exactly where the LTC / CHL permit falls in place. I am on H and successfully navigated the path I mentioned above. My hunter's ed cert. was issued by State with N R A test results. 

brahmi-king-brahmi.gif

I did buy successfully and do own a few , 4th of July sale la BCM upper konna , already unna m4E1  lower ki. assemble cheyyali time chuskoni.  In TEXAS , LTC unte you don't even have to go through   ENN EYE CEE YES. It's a direct sale @ eff eff LLL . 

No I am not saying it is not possible. Like I mentioned above you can be a tourist and fire at certain ranges. 

In my experience all the FFL I dealt with don't sell the firearms to any non citizens . 

It is hard to find and convince someone to sell to non citizens even though there is a path . They have to go through the forms and background check. 

My local range only allows list of foreigners from certain countries. 

While sig saur academy allows anyone with a valid passport or government issued ID. 

4 hours ago, kakatiya said:

In my experience all the FFL I dealt with don't sell the firearms to any non citizens . 

It is hard to find and convince someone to sell to non citizens even though there is a path . They have to go through the forms and background check. 

My local range only allows list of foreigners from certain countries. 

While sig saur academy allows anyone with a valid passport or government issued ID. 

Yeah, I am aware..few even won't sell to GC holders . I am still on H . 

4 4  7 3 filling is enough, bg check is bypassed altogether if you hold a LTC/CHL or CCW permit in certain states.All the checks necessary would be conducted at the same time when you visit Identogo or similar for fingerprinting and bg check. In TX Academy vadu W/O LTC immi s ki ENN EYE CEE YES run chestahdu, caveat being you have to buy a hunting license for $20 or something beforehand.  Immi s when visiting a range,  first step hunter's license.. 99% ranges aware of this rule, maree fudd s unte thappa. I have been carrying w/o an issue, even before TX became a consti. carry state. In essence Hunter's license for range visit and Hunter's ed certificate and LTC/CHL combo for CC. 

20 hours ago, Maggavale said:

Yeah, I am aware..few even won't sell to GC holders . I am still on H . 

4 4  7 3 filling is enough, bg check is bypassed altogether if you hold a LTC/CHL or CCW permit in certain states.All the checks necessary would be conducted at the same time when you visit Identogo or similar for fingerprinting and bg check. In TX Academy vadu W/O LTC immi s ki ENN EYE CEE YES run chestahdu, caveat being you have to buy a hunting license for $20 or something beforehand.  Immi s when visiting a range,  first step hunter's license.. 99% ranges aware of this rule, maree fudd s unte thappa. I have been carrying w/o an issue, even before TX became a consti. carry state. In essence Hunter's license for range visit and Hunter's ed certificate and LTC/CHL combo for CC. 

Step by step article raayi. But question is since you have acquired LTC still being a non citizen can it be revoked up on future checks ?

On 8/3/2024 at 8:27 AM, kakatiya said:

Step by step article raayi. But question is since you have acquired LTC still being a non citizen can it be revoked up on future checks ?

Rough ga list out chesina choodu Wednesday post la. 

State DPS website - complete hunter's education and test - get certificate. This is for life. 

NRA offers free hunter's ed , test .. test results state DPS ki pampistadu - DPS issues certificate. 

Buy a hunter's license @ any walmart or big box game supply stores or online from DPS. This needs to be renewed annually. If you really want to hunt buy APH permit additionally, most people dont need this. 

FInd NRA certified instructor - basics hand G*n  class - online/in person LTC baasics and rules class - LTC 101, proficiency test pass ithe -50 rounds in total, 20 from 3 yards, 20 from 7 yards and 10 from 15-20 yards. Based on the points system out of 250 ..175 ravali. After this  LTC 100 issue chesthar. 

Schedule Identogo biometrics appointment . Start application on DPS and upload all these forms . 

1-2 months la LTC  vastadi, fill  4 4 7 3 and get your g * n .  This is the process in TX, may vary slightly in other states.  

4 4 7 3 run cheyyaru, just fill cheyyali LTC holders ki, TX la motahnike bypass chestadu LTC holders ki . 

Most important thing is, be always aware if you are living in a state with "Duty to Inform " Laws and follow them accordingly. 

• 1 month later...

Doubkestack 1911 top brands;

Atlas Gunworks,

Accuracy X,

Staccato 2011,

Wilson Combat,

Taran Tactical,

Alchemy,

Hayes Custom,

NightHawk Custom,

Alpha American,

Alien,