Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai on layoffs: Important to create capacity from within to invest for future

Aquaman

1 minute ago, summer27 said:

every leader, every ceo, every successful person will have a bunch of people hating them, cursing them abusing them.. its just the way human mind works, thats how society works..

My wife works at google anna. The morale of googlers is all time low now.

i saw a meme.  One of the executives said “we are not hiding data, we are just not sharing it” when an employee asked about how many people got laid off in jan.

i know 5 googlers in my close circle who are going to resign on mar 1st 2024.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

i saw a meme.  One of the executives said “we are not hiding data, we are just not sharing it” when an employee asked about how many people got laid off in jan.

I am not denying that. I was just stating the fact.  Evadu emi chesina banda boothulu tittevalllu eppuduu untaru ani cheptunna anthe.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 10:40 AM, summer27 said:

every leader, every ceo, every successful person will have a bunch of people hating them, cursing them abusing them.. its just the way human mind works, thats how society works..

lol thats what we made to believe its called modern slavery

On 2/8/2024 at 11:43 AM, Vaaaampire said:

Pichai said that AI is a blackbox and how it deduces things is a mystery even to Engineers.

I think until this gets sorted, the Prompt Engineering battles are here to stay. AI is already doing some jobs, check this 

world will move on with AI. A whole new set of jobs are gonna emerge soon

11 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

Pichai said that AI is a blackbox and how it deduces things is a mystery even to Engineers.

I think until this gets sorted, the Prompt Engineering battles are here to stay. AI is already doing some jobs, check this 

world will move on with AI. A whole new set of jobs are gonna emerge soon

ALL ABOUT DATA

On 2/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, Vaaaampire said:

Google lo too much democracy untadi, far left ideology and political views baga spread chesthaaru ani vinnanu.. 

recently they messed up with their AI product releases like bard, Gemini etc.. 

Google is slowly becoming like the old IBM

7 hours ago, Mancode said:

lol thats what we made to believe its called modern slavery

my comment is not specific to modern world..It is an essential human behaviour (or is it animalistic??). there are always oppents to a leader, to a point of view..

8 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Google lo too much democracy untadi, far left ideology and political views baga spread chesthaaru ani vinnanu.. 

recently they messed up with their AI product releases like bard, Gemini etc.. 

Google is slowly becoming like the old IBM

Yes. Google is the new yahoo/ibm. All credit to sundar. Vaadu antey full anti undi googlers lo. Vaadu ceo material kaadhu ley. Last 10k people ni layoff chesi next month 300million rsus thisukunnadu. Apple tim cook emo layoffs cheyyakapoyina pay cut thisukunnadu

2 hours ago, summer27 said:

my comment is not specific to modern world..It is an essential human behaviour (or is it animalistic??). there are always oppents to a leader, to a point of view..

It was not the case with sundar/google till recently. Googlers started hating google & sundar since last 1-2 years bcoz poor decisions of sundar and other executives.

my wife was supposed to be promoted this cycle but in the last minute it got messed up because of major re-org. Now complete promo process is reset. Inshort will be stuck at same level for next 2-3 years.  There are few 1000’s people who career got screwed up in last 2-3 months

2 hours ago, jpismahatma said:

This guy is incapable of running google. It’s in gutter now. Except YouTube. Even that lot of ads 

ads vadhu anukunte premium use chesuko 

2 hours ago, Piracy Raja said:

ads vadhu anukunte premium use chesuko 

Telusu bro. Mari doordarshan leka undhi. E attitude google marchukunte better. If you are not aware google search became sheet. ChatGPT excel in answering specific question. Hardly I am using google. All ChatGPT is 1st place to check replacing google search for me.