How to handle this job offer situation

JackSeal

Last week one company gave offer letter with 20% high than current base along with 10% annual bonus. They agreed for all my terms regarding joining date and inmigration. Have to to accept or decline by Thursday.

Another company gave verbal offer last week with 45% higher than current base along with 20% annual bonus. But they did not send anything on paper yet and not discussed my availability.

Can I rely on verbal offer and decline other offer ?

1 minute ago, JackSeal said:

Last week one company gave offer letter with 20% high than current base along with 10% annual bonus. They agreed for all my terms regarding joining date and inmigration. Have to to accept or decline by Thursday.

Another company gave verbal offer last week with 45% higher than current base along with 20% annual bonus. But they did not send anything on paper yet and not discussed my availability.

10% , 20% bonus aaaa ,  just curious , are you junior developer ?

2 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Ichina offer letter kuda guarantee leni market idi alantidi verbal offer Mida Manasu paddav chudu goppa scamgress supporter ani prove cheskunnav. 

3 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Is it your situation or someone else ? hikes masthu unnayaga

5 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Don't rely on verbal ,  try to extend your decision time until you figure out 2nd offer. Then decide. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Is it your situation or someone else ? hikes masthu unnayaga

My situation ... non-IT ... the current job I am in is my first job after grad and not much growth ... so specifically targetted for lead/architect positions.

8 minutes ago, tollywood_hater said:

10% , 20% bonus aaaa ,  just curious , are you junior developer ?

non-IT... 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pahelwan2 said:

Ichina offer letter kuda guarantee leni market idi alantidi verbal offer Mida Manasu paddav chudu goppa scamgress supporter ani prove cheskunnav. 

non-IT ... the verbal offer is tempting bcoz its two levels higher than my current role. The one with offer letter is similar to my current role.

13 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

anna wait for next month you can get other better offer with 65% higher than current base along with 30% annual bonus and 40% of company investment in 401k , free insurance and unlimited pto

cc @DallasBaluKarry @Skn_benami

1 minute ago, DallasKarreBaluGandu said:

anna wait for next month you can get other better offer with 65% higher than current base along with 30% annual bonus and 40% of company investment in 401k , free insurance and unlimited pto

cc @DallasBaluKarry @Skn_benami

Very much possible in this market. All of my db friends are doing 6 jobs each. 

cc @DallasBaluKarry

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

My situation ... non-IT ... the current job I am in is my first job after grad and not much growth ... so specifically targetted for lead/architect positions.

non-IT... 

ok , good luck with your job offers bro 

If ur ok to burn bridges with first company, accept the offer and say sorry once u receive official offer letter from 2nd company.

if not try to extend the deadline. 

rejecting the first offer just based on verbal offer from second may screwup things big time.

IT side aithey ila second offer vachindi ani cheppi first offer nums increase chepinchochu. Non-it no idea

46 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

i will actually go to 2nd offer guy and ask him to give offer letter or else i have to go to similar offer by other company by thursday who already gave me offer letter ani :) non it lo ey tech or side anna?

1 hour ago, nenesuperni said:

i will actually go to 2nd offer guy and ask him to give offer letter or else i have to go to similar offer by other company by thursday who already gave me offer letter ani :) non it lo ey tech or side anna?

I wouldn't recommend this mastaru...it might work but it'll leave a bad taste in the manager's mind...

also, depending on the size and culture of the company, offer letter ivvadam anedhi okka hiring manager chetillo ne undadu...various other departments like HR, finance have to do their part...hiring manager ki manam baga nacchesina vere departments aathcare antaayy...by pushing to expidite the offer letter, manager gadi helplessness/weakness medha kottinatlu untadhi...

Technically speaking he only has one job offer and hopes of another job offer (verbal offer doesn't mean anything)