Difference between West and East Godavari other than name and location

venkappa

28 minutes ago, venkappa said:

What are your thoughts on Eluru, Rajamundry, and Kakinada?

Which jilla do you like between WG and EG?

Kakinada is a far better city and I personally like it better. Rajahmundry is a business hub. Eluru not so much. 

When I visited godzillas I personally felt east godzilla was most serene and beautiful compared to west with coconut thotalu every where. 

18 hours ago, Pahelwan2 said:

When I visited godzillas I personally felt east godzilla was most serene and beautiful compared to west with coconut thotalu every where. 

Konaseema right?

18 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Kakinada is a far better city and I personally like it better. Rajahmundry is a business hub. Eluru not so much. 

What makes Kakinada better than Rajahmundry in your opinion?

Both these cities are developing quite well. I think they are good places to retire.

Just now, venkappa said:

Both these cities are developing quite well. I think they are good places to retire.

I personally prefer Kakinada to Rajahmundry although the latter has better connectivity. 

5 minutes ago, venkappa said:

రాజమండ్రి అంతా నాటు నాటు.. Cocanada is all posh...

There is a place called  yaanam 

French ruled ..25,000 +  telugu godavari people where shipped to gaudalope French carrebian Island for indentured labour 

Now the tenth generation telugu folks occupy that island nation

Yanam?

In Yanam, some 10,000 people chose French nationality. According to some estimates, nearly 120 to 150 Telugu families from former French India live in France. On the other hand, there are some French nationals living in Yanam and enjoying French pension (In Telugu, Guddi Pinchanu).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

I personally prefer Kakinada to Rajahmundry although the latter has better connectivity. 

What about places like Eluru and Bhimavaram?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 2:16 AM, anna_gari_maata said:

You forgot the moat important thing konaseema is in tu go ji. That's why Indian culture is stronger there. 

Why Konaseema has stronger Indian culture?

On 2/25/2024 at 9:11 AM, CanadianMalodu said:

Overall Kapus are higher numerically but the businesses and acreage are dominated by Kammas and Rajus and some Reddies. Reddies political say is restricted to few areas like Ajjaram, Bhimavaram, Anaparthy, some in Kakinada. Significant number of Brahmins are there in Rajamahendravaram. Christian converted Malas come second in number. Setti Balijas are numerically higher in Ramachandrapuram. No hardcore fights like that Krishna district exist but some tensions are always there in West and East. Overall people are more liberal. One more thing with both East and West is that great amount of caste solidarity is there across caste spectrum. Every individual fight almost turns into caste group fights very easily. West Godavari accent is a bit more easy to understand than that of East Godavaris. You also see a Hanuman Statue in almost every village of East and west. Both of them consider closer to one another than say Krishna or Guntur districts. Sankranthi is celebrated in big way with west leading the big monies like in areas of Bhimavaram. Playing cards is also almost the norm. Women generally don't consume liquor unlike telangana. People in general have very good sarcasm. Krishna Bhagawan is more of a typical Godavari guy, and you will likely find more people like him. People will give importance to how you address them. Unless you know him 'garu' or 'andi'  is almost to be used when you address someone. Fish and Prawns are consumed by most households (barring traditional Brahmins, Komatis). Sweets are also big part of tradition. Even when you visit someone place when someone died say for dinam, you are expected to bring sweets. Kottaiah kaja/Kakinada Kaja, Madata Kaja, Bobbattlu, Boorelu, Ariselu, Pokundalu, Pootharekulu are very popular in both districts. Most households have relatives on both sides of Godavari river. Kakinada people eat more sea food on ana average though. Aritaku Bhojanam is very much alive in both districts. Reddies and Kapus of East and West follow the custom of marrying in night to late early mornings and eating only vegetarian in Marriages unlike in Telangana.

Most land is owned by telagas,ontari and rajus in godavari districts. kammas and reddies are numerically insignificant in godavari districts ,especially in east godavari.many of them have migrated during British times.

Even rajus are very less in number but they are a native feudal caste.

Also food in godavari is less spicy compared to districts from and below guntur.

Godavari-low spice

Guntur - medium.

Nellore-high-medium

Rayalaseema-extremely spicy.