Granite or quartz for kitchen countertops

Venkatlukky

Granite looks much better ..quartz that builders are installing is manufactured not natural .. 

I would rather upgrade within granite and get a better one than quartz

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, baabaa said:

Kotha trend bro. Its fashion trend which is started by builders. Granite is much much tougher than Quartz but nowadays quartz is the latest craze.

White quartz meda pasupu padite :). Builders are fooling new home buyers into making them think quartz is more premium.

They do backsplash also with quartz which look super nice... you can go the same with granite. 

Quartz was brought in to help people save money over granite. Easy to install , less expensive etc... it amazes me entire industry is fooling people... like diamonds

51 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

check out butcher block. Have to be careful but it’s unique and can stain whatever color you like as needed with food grade top coat 

Probably good for islands and wet cats etc .. you can go kitchens but extra care needed to seal it. Good for 2nd kitchen additions but not for primary kitchen when builder is giving granite for free.

Butcher block is 20% of granite!!! Doing it with my Wetbar.... let's see how it goes

1 minute ago, mettastar said:

Granite looks much better ..quartz that builders are installing is manufactured not natural .. 

I would rather upgrade within granite and get a better one than quartz

I see appeal of white clean lines of quartz. There are few granite colors which are close to it. Yes, I'd upgrade to that

Don’t for quartz they are very sensitive for Indian way of cooking .. I say granite is best I see my neighbors and cousins who got quartz they have lot of issues maintaining it ..

5 hours ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi bro

I am buying new home , builder is shaddcok, I had design studio visit , need advice on kitchen countertops 

builder providing granite -included in house cost

Quartz Upgrade- 14570$

including all kitchen area near stove and every where

for granite I don’t have to pay but if I choose quartz 14570$ is the price ; 

please advice 

Quartz anytime, granite waste for Indian cooking hard to clean 

4 hours ago, psycopk said:

let me put it this way..

nee house lo quartz undi ani.. repu kone vadu 15k extra ivadu...

ofcourse you have your preference and your style added.. so nee interest nee cashflow..  nee sarada.. nee durada

Dune Awakening GIF by Funcom

4 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Granite veyinchukunte, migilina paisal tho 3 months mortgage kattochu…

He will donate to TDP party funds 

Granite- withstands heat and easy to handle. Only problem is that it is porous so if not sealed properly water goes in or easy to stain as the color VM an go through the pores.

Quartz- man made and super easy to clean and maintain. Does not have pores so no worries about stains. Only problem is it cannot withstand heat. So need to be careful when placing hot objects or vessels.

13 hours ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi bro

I am buying new home , builder is shaddcok, I had design studio visit , need advice on kitchen countertops 

Quartz Upgrade- 14570$

please advice 

My personal experience , quartz durable and manufactured material  no chips east to maintain. 

granite, natural stone with type a,b,c depends on granite quality most builders will use b&c grades. Need to careful with water, cracks and chips. 

15 k too expensive other suggested get it done outside. 

13 hours ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi bro

Quartz Upgrade- 14570$

please advice 

quartz , you won't regret 

Quartz look baaguntadi only con is heat tolerance. Kaani 15K is too expensive. 

Call local stone work people and get an idea of avg per sq ft cost for your house. 15k sounds awfully high. 

builder granite install chesaka maarpinchadam chala ekkuva work avtundi. 15k waste/unaffordable anukunte suck it up and live with granite. looks/quartz very imp anukunte - throw that 15k and live happy

15 hours ago, Venkatlukky said:

Hi bro

Quartz Upgrade- 14570$

please advice 

Go with quartz please. Much better than granite.