Am I Wasting money renting apartments?

dreamchaser

6 minutes ago, Rojaa said:

Not the plan or school, what ever the plan or school it should suite the kid and we will never know if it suits or not till they attend few months 

i understand.. as a parent you want the best for your kid...sometimes.. we have to put them through these harsh conditions.. they will evolve.. you will never be satisfied.. 

14 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

Need your advice please.I came to US 16 years back as a student and got married 10 years back.I have GC too.My only kid is a 8 year old boy on autism spectrum so we are not able to stick to a single place and buy home as school is very important for us for autism services.My son is in 3rd grade and so far since preschool we changed 5 different schools for better services.Also we had issues with few schools in the past so we had to change schools.Though I have no problem changes apartments/schools for my son, I feel I am wasting lot of money on renting apartments.So far I guess i wasted about 100k on renting apartments.My wife is not working,Am I doing the right thing focusing on my sons needs or I am simply wasting money not buying home even after having GC?Please advice

GC raagane illu konali 2 jobs cheyyali ani manollu pettina peer pressure bro. GC is a privilege anthe. Nee kid ki yedhi important no adhi chudu. Don't listen others sollu muchatlu including me. Newe decision nuve theesko bro nee current situation batti. Kid is important. 

Good luck 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, psycopk said:

good schools for autism kids  ee nenu cheptundi...there are groups.. you get to meet school principal before hand and learn about their plans..

its not as simple as you think...its rare that you can find someone in the same neighborhood who is knowledgeable in the groups...and each kid is different in spectrum...so you cant go by ones experience

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

Need your advice please.I came to US 16 years back as a student and got married 10 years back.I have GC too.My only kid is a 8 year old boy on autism spectrum so we are not able to stick to a single place and buy home as school is very important for us for autism services.My son is in 3rd grade and so far since preschool we changed 5 different schools for better services.Also we had issues with few schools in the past so we had to change schools.Though I have no problem changes apartments/schools for my son, I feel I am wasting lot of money on renting apartments.So far I guess i wasted about 100k on renting apartments.My wife is not working,Am I doing the right thing focusing on my sons needs or I am simply wasting money not buying home even after having GC?Please advice

You are blessed with a baby and you are doing the best for your another self. Don't worry, focus on your child, if possible get your wife to work a less stressful job and save that money and invest. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Behavioral issues ante ela untayi asalu? I mean em chestaru Kids? 
I have 2 and half yr old daughter..She started talking words/sentences and playing good..not sure inka emaina careful ga undala ani..

Just want to get an idea..

Same here, dont worry as no one gives a F about what you are going thru (from personal experience). The trade off we are making is good.

16yrs, GC, Special child and still renting even if I can down 40%

• Upvote 1

forget about wasting money bro but if you have money and if you can afford monthly payments or if you feel like you need a bigger space for your kid . go for the own house.. you will enjoy it.

btw, own houses has its own hidden expenses and you will end up spending more than you ever realize in decorating it or with repairs etc. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pavone said:

Same here, dont worry as no one gives a F about what you are going thru (from personal experience). The trade off we are making is good.

16yrs, GC, Special child and still renting even if I can down 40%

sorry to hear that in your same situation as me bro.I can also easily put 50% downpayment on a 600k home but kids situation is not allowing me to do it.still renting.Sometimes i feel sad that we are not living the american dream even after getting GC but folks who just came to US 2-3 years back are buying home :(

3 hours ago, idibezwada said:

its not as simple as you think...its rare that you can find someone in the same neighborhood who is knowledgeable in the groups...and each kid is different in spectrum...so you cant go by ones experience

yes.that is the main problem.every autism kid is unique.We cannot go by others feeddback.We need to try schools ourselves.Even is school and school districts are good, teacher might be bad -not able to handle autism kids

4 hours ago, Sucker said:

GC raagane illu konali 2 jobs cheyyali ani manollu pettina peer pressure bro. GC is a privilege anthe. Nee kid ki yedhi important no adhi chudu. Don't listen others sollu muchatlu including me. Newe decision nuve theesko bro nee current situation batti. Kid is important. 

Good luck 

I am not not worried about not doing 2 jobs bro. Atleast I have peace of mind with GC without any immigration issues

19 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

Apartment lo kids ki chala mandi friends untaru, which is an absolute necessity for special needs kids.. you won’t get that if you live in a non desi community.. my kids missed that badly when we moved from an apartment to home.. 

also, big homes lo kids are isolated.. they prefer to be in their rooms and don’t mingle much.. apartments lo kids and parents are much closer most of the day.. you have an idea of what the kid is doing all the time.. 

• Upvote 1

Don’t worry abt living in own house. Renting is fine too. As long as your investments are doing well (stocks for example) it shouldn’t matter if you have own house.

Even if you want to buy, you can buy and rent it out if you move from that school district.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

sorry to hear that in your same situation as me bro.I can also easily put 50% downpayment on a 600k home but kids situation is not allowing me to do it.still renting.Sometimes i feel sad that we are not living the american dream even after getting GC but folks who just came to US 2-3 years back are buying home :(

Stop comparing with others. Your life is not the same as theirs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

yes.that is the main problem.every autism kid is unique.We cannot go by others feeddback.We need to try schools ourselves.Even is school and school districts are good, teacher might be bad -not able to handle autism kids

ee year unna teacher next year undadu... ala ani malli kid ni school mariste.. you are stressing kid too much.. adi kuda chusko.. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

you just go with your life..dont care about others

you might see cases - oh 16 yrs aaa, inka house konaledhaaa anna ane batch vuntaaru...vaallu ki ne sangathi telisina, adhi think cheyakunda adigesthaaru..u might have already faced

comedy enti ante ..inka house konaledhaa nuvvu ane vaadu nannu..naaku illu lenappudu :)

manaku vunnadhi ..vere vaallaki lenappudu..dhani gurinchi etha kudadhu 

na bro class mate naaku kuda friend...more katnam ani valla parents delay chesaaru..eppudu chesukuntaado chesukodoo kuda teliyadhu..oka 4 yrs numdi nebu thani pelli eppudu ani adagatam maanesaaa..bagodhu ani ..thana situation telisi.

• Upvote 1