Am I Wasting money renting apartments?

dreamchaser

2 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

my son is verbal and ok in academics bro and has IEP.But behaviors are his primary problem.We had to change many schools since they are not challenging him much academically because of his behavior issues

Good that he is verbal. What kind of challenges are you expecting frOm teachers. If he is super gifted then join him better school district . He will get challenges frequently from teachers . What kind of behaviors issues you see from your kid. That will help us and you as well . 

once you find a good therapist  or therapy and comfortable school for your kid..try buying a townhome or condo if you need to buy a home. If it doesn't work out you can let it for rent and move on with the future requirement. You will not feel like not building an equity while renting. 

• Upvote 1

One suggestion I would give is changes schools very frequently is not good beyond 2 nd grade I believe, it would put pressure on kid to keep up with class and friends and if a kid is new to class or school they find some time to make friends as they are new, in the group other kids try to pick on new member in class 

• Upvote 1

where are you located right now? if you are moving to neighborhood schools, its ok to buy and rent it out and move....its always best to buy a townhome in your case

• Upvote 1

You are 100% doing right. If you like invest in real estate that yields rental income but adi mandatory kaadu. 

If the place you buy does not have good school for the child, you will have hell. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

Need your advice please.I came to US 16 years back as a student and got married 10 years back.I have GC too.My only kid is a 8 year old boy on autism spectrum so we are not able to stick to a single place and buy home as school is very important for us for autism services.My son is in 3rd grade and so far since preschool we changed 5 different schools for better services.Also we had issues with few schools in the past so we had to change schools.Though I have no problem changes apartments/schools for my son, I feel I am wasting lot of money on renting apartments.So far I guess i wasted about 100k on renting apartments.My wife is not working,Am I doing the right thing focusing on my sons needs or I am simply wasting money not buying home even after having GC?Please advice

Location matters ?

14 hours ago, psycopk said:

Yes u are

He is taking of kid which is priority and @aath care for house, so please don’t give wrong advice 

just like your priority to TDP he loves his kid and ready to move different apartments anna

13 hours ago, kittaya said:

Do you know places .. where you get home appreciatatuon 100% in 4 years.. you need to travel to Mars ... 

Then anybody loses money .. 

100k is the same .. you as property tax

@CryingWidowKittaya started 

one thing people are missing out is the space..I am not sure how TS is managing with the space in a rental apt...he will be needing a lot of space with a special needs kids for all the equipment to support him

10 minutes ago, Rojaa said:

He is taking of kid which is priority and @aath care for house, so please don’t give wrong advice 

just like your priority to TDP he loves his kid and ready to move different apartments anna

koncham home work chesi manchi school identify cheytam peda kastam em kadu..

apparment ki enta avutundi.. 200-300 ofcourse its personal preference anuko...

as macha said.. in search of schools he is adding lot of pressure to kid to make connection with friends and neighborhood kids..

2 minutes ago, psycopk said:

koncham home work chesi manchi school identify cheytam peda kastam em kadu..

apparment ki enta avutundi.. 200-300 ofcourse its personal preference anuko...

as macha said.. in search of schools he is adding lot of pressure to kid to make connection with friends and neighborhood kids..

Good schools different from good schools for autism kid Anna, it’s tough to find good one which suits your kid so it’s trial and error process till you find good one. Ones you find good one then you can go ahead and buy a house but TS is still in process to find good one 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dreamchaser said:

Hi friends,

Need your advice please.I came to US 16 years back as a student and got married 10 years back.I have GC too.My only kid is a 8 year old boy on autism spectrum so we are not able to stick to a single place and buy home as school is very important for us for autism services.My son is in 3rd grade and so far since preschool we changed 5 different schools for better services.Also we had issues with few schools in the past so we had to change schools.Though I have no problem changes apartments/schools for my son, I feel I am wasting lot of money on renting apartments.So far I guess i wasted about 100k on renting apartments.My wife is not working,Am I doing the right thing focusing on my sons needs or I am simply wasting money not buying home even after having GC?Please advice

Focus on the Kid.. Rest will fall into place in future. 
After reading this.. all of a sudden I though,  why I am reading my story..  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rojaa said:

Good schools different from good schools for autism kid Anna, it’s tough to find good one which suits your kid so it’s trial and error process till you find good one. Ones you find good one then you can go ahead and buy a house but TS is still in process to find good one 

good schools for autism kids  ee nenu cheptundi...there are groups.. you get to meet school principal before hand and learn about their plans..

If flexible with Job and remote options vunte.. move to a state where services are good for kids on spectrum. I heard Maryland has better services.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, psycopk said:

good schools for autism kids  ee nenu cheptundi...there are groups.. you get to meet school principal before hand and learn about their plans..

Not the plan or school, what ever the plan or school it should suite the kid and we will never know if it suits or not till they attend few months 

• Upvote 1