rent the property on our own

Dreamspark

On 4/13/2024 at 6:29 PM, Dreamspark said:

Hello guys..

If i want to rent a house on our own without  going with any property management…any one who has experience please let me know the process and any good websites that will do background and other required checks, documentation like rental agreement..

Best of all of you are giving to any non-desi guy .. 

3 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

If you know any good friends who own rental properties, take them out for drinks and ask the question after couple of drinks if its worth the hassel. You will know the answer. Ask them the advantages and disadvantages. Make a note of all questions you wanna ask them and make an informed decision.

• how do they avoid squatters.
  • What tax benefits you get
  • Self manage property or give it to a rental agency.
  • How do you make sure property is not getting damaged

Like @Tellugodu mentioned, You can look into REITs and get similar income without much hassel.

Anna being landlord one day we have to face one or two eviction events. Ala ani business cheyakunda unntama… 

if you are not greedy and take good care of tenants mostly okay. 
property management company manages my properties takes 5% rent , 800$ for brining tenants .. working okay 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JUST444FUN said:

Anna being landlord one day we have to face one or two eviction events. Ala ani business cheyakunda unntama… 

property management company manages my properties takes 5% rent , 800$ for brining tenants .. working okay 

Agree. It made sense few yrs back. With these mortgages, I am not sure its profitable/viable now esp considering all the headache's you can run into. 

A friend rented his property via Property management company but unfortunately got a squatter. Did not pay any rent for 1.2-2 yrs. Property management company did nothing. As long as we anticipate these, should be OK. 

2 hours ago, JUST444FUN said:

Which property management ?

8 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Agree. It made sense few yrs back. With these mortgages, I am not sure its profitable/viable now esp considering all the headache's you can run into. 

A friend rented his property via Property management company but unfortunately got a squatter. Did not pay any rent for 1.2-2 yrs. Property management company did nothing. As long as we anticipate these, should be OK. 

Yes headaches always been there from rental investment inception. One day we cannot avoid .

Yes! I agreee with mortgages , my how long we can wait , I am keep adding an investment property every year or two , hoping one day it will payoff .

3 months/year rent count cheyakudadu 

1- property management

1- vacant between tenants 

1- maintenance

inka 1 year emergency fund for mortgage unnte okay. 

ee market lo 40-45 down cheyakunte cash flow chudalemu… 20-25% down to manage cheddam aante risky and too greedy IMO

6 hours ago, oyyy said:

Which property management ?

Charlotte lo local company anna …vallu peddaga chesedi em ledu , but I am busy with things otherwise I would have done it much better way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:29 PM, Dreamspark said:

Hello guys..

If i want to rent a house on our own without  going with any property management…any one who has experience please let me know the process and any good websites that will do background and other required checks, documentation like rental agreement..

Only do that when you are living in the same city. Or else u should know more contacts if some thing goes wrong in the rental. Or give it to desi prop manager

• Thanks 1