Car Accident

jaathiratnalu2

2 hours ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

Just now some one hit my car from backside on intersection I  stop of red signal . Every one is safe . 

That guy is not ready to give Info , Cliaming not his mistake.  So I have called to cops and still he dobt  want to give info  and he is not ready wait  at accident place . Since there is a rule of no one is injured both can go to police station and file claim ( is this true? $

Now at police station both have to exchanged insurance and other info . 

Clearly it’s not my mistake iam confident, but the other guy is having dash cam video . I saw this dash a video in front of police in Polove station . It’s not clear whoose mistake is . The video shows only came and hit my car . At the same time on front of his car little dent is there on my car it’s multiple dents 

Now what I have to do 

Since he is also having my insurance info   He will also claim . That guy is too cunning he is not ready to share his info initially and arguing bigger voice . I kept silent and went to police station . After coming out PS, his voice is low and silent 

Can I give a call to his insurance company and claim  

Currently iam able to drive the car with dents ( Not sure what inside it went wrong for this vehicle sensors will be insane place  )  previously small hit sensors are not worked from 3 rd day o wards

pls suggest what to do 

If I claim on his insurance. He wil also claim on my insurance. 

Will my insurance company accept his claim ( But it’s not my mistake . How can I tell to this insurance company)

Suggestion will be much appreciated 

It's a back hit .. yours is no fault .. 

Call your insurance give his insurance details ... 

Please claim any body pains too .. they can occur in future.. while driving .. you never know .. 

If he is arrogant ... He is not eligible for mercy 

• Upvote 1

Even if you put a sudden brake, if the car behind comes and hits you, that is his fault for not maintaining enough safe distance… 

Any rear collision is the rear drivers mistake… your insurance should talk to the other guy.. if he is not giving the insurance information, file a police complaint with pictures.. you shouldn’t talk to their insurance.. your insurance should take care of that.. 

• Upvote 1

Simple  claim your deductible from his insurance and money for your car dents … back side nunchi accident avuthay other side vallu at fault police report vachina edhi vachina adey fact insurance vallu take care chetsharu just say some one hit car back side any they know procedure ..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JANASENA said:

Get ready to pay more $$$$ on your insurance!

Yes bro, I am paying already over . But it’s not my mistake  and I want to avoid  other person to file a claim on my insurance 

Thank you so much for everyone for prompt replies.

Really everyone inputs are helpful to me 

That Guy is seems Pakistani , Too arrogant and not ready share any information( initially) . Got his details at PS . 

As  few of our friends replied in this thread says , if he hits behind car that his mistake . That’s give me confidence.

it’s unnecessary drama today, Did not went to office . 

Submitted claim on his insurance. Let us see how it goes 

Thank you everyone, Who  has replied in this thread for your valuable inputs 

5 hours ago, vaakel_saab said:

police report la vadi fault undhi ani chepthe tappa nuvv safe kadhu.. 

how it can be 

4 hours ago, kittaya said:

It's a back hit .. yours is no fault .. 

Call your insurance give his insurance details ... 

Please claim any body pains too .. they can occur in future.. while driving .. you never know .. 

If he is arrogant ... He is not eligible for mercy 

Yes Bro , Intially I thought leave it . Since he is too arrogant, Inspite of his mistake . So I have no chance to go to PS . I have filed claim now . Let us see . 

6 hours ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

I have given calm to my insurance. They were saying you can call to other person insurance and file a claim ?

This is very important. 

You will develop back pains and all that in future. So get medical checkups done..even if you di t feel like you are Injured. So claim medical fee from other party insurance for back pain etc..even if you have slightest pain..neck injury won't show up right away.

Do you have dash cam ? Make sure you always have dash cam.

Next make sure you get the claim amount from that guy's insurance.. make sure you get clean report that you are not at fault. 

Next your insurance won't rise if police declare he is completely at fault. 

Even if you are not at fault if he gets a good lawyer..he might prove you did brake check. Yes it's possible. Do you have any witness ?

That is why it is very important to have dash cam facing front and back

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, vaakel_saab said:

police report la vadi fault undhi ani chepthe tappa nuvv safe kadhu.. 

Unless its a big accident, police report does not side with a driver. They document what they see and draw pictures for Insurance companies to determine easily what happened. 

Depends on state to state. I am talking of cities where there is too much traffic and these occurances are very normal. In fact most times if you call police, they will say take pictures, exchange insurance and call their insurances respectively. 

8 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

Yes Bro , Intially I thought leave it . Since he is too arrogant, Inspite of his mistake . So I have no chance to go to PS . I have filed claim now . Let us see . 

First rule of insurance says, never accept your fault even if you are at fault. Just exchange insurance and let the experts deal with it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Unless its a big accident, police report does not side with a driver. They document what they see and draw pictures for Insurance companies to determine easily what happened. 

Depends on state to state. I am talking of cities where there is too much traffic and these occurances are very normal. In fact most times if you call police, they will say take pictures, exchange insurance and call their insurances respectively. 

Exactly ,

Accident happen in Philly . At accident time no traffic at all  he came fastly , unable to control and falsely claiming I have crossed signal and his dash cam video does not show clear that I have crossed signals. It shows only when he hit my car 

police clearly not at all intersted to come see what happen. They were clearly saying since you both were fine able to drive car you can exchange information. With this how insurance companies knows whose fault is 

10 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu2 said:

Exactly ,

Accident happen in Philly . At accident time no traffic at all  he came fastly , unable to control and falsely claiming I have crossed signal and his dash cam video does not show clear that I have crossed signals. It shows only when he hit my car 

police clearly not at all intersted to come see what happen. They were clearly saying since you both were fine able to drive car you can exchange information. With this how insurance companies knows whose fault is 

They look at the impact to the car and look at the statements from both of you. They look at the pictures you share with them. These are usually enough for them to determine who is at fault. Like I said they are experts and deal with these day in and day out.

That's why its important to be Kool and calm in these situations. Do not panic. Take pictures first, exchange Insurance. Take picture of his car plate if he is not willing to share his insurance details. Do not indulge in words with the other person, do not accept your fault. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since you've already involved the cops, you're on the right track. As for exchanging info at the police station, that's typically the procedure in such cases. Regarding the dashcam footage, it's tricky if it doesn't clearly show fault. It might be worth consulting a Longmont truck accident lawyer to understand your options better. If you're worried about your car's sensors, it's essential to get it checked out by a mechanic.