Viral videos show bank officers abusing, intimidating employees over targets,

Spartan

Toxic work culture is rife in the Indian financial sector, especially when it involves sales and targets. Recently, two videos went viral where officers of Bandhan Bank and Canara Bank can be seen reprimanding their junior employees using foul language for not meeting the targets.

In one of the videos that surfaced on April 24, a Bandhan Bank officer called Kunal Bhardwaj can be seen screaming at a junior employee who apparently did not meet the targets set for the month.

When the employee apologised for his mistake and promised to rectify it, Bhardwaj said, “Definitely correct sir?… Are you even ashamed of yourself? This is March?”

“If you will not participate in recovery, including holidays because you want time after working to travel with your family but your hell to your family. What should I do? And the bank has given you a job for work not for travelling with family. I don’t care about my family, I don’t care about my family also, I care about Canara Bank. So clear message to all, and if week-wise, Monday to Saturday, work is not happening, Saturday or Sunday, whenever holiday, and if you did not respond kindly, things will be different and for everyone be it officer, chief manager, AGM,” he said

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

Seen this personally. One of my cousin works as a sales manager for bank in India. Call lo join ayyadu I was beside him, very toxic and VP using very bad language. Okokdini point out chesi shame of you etc etc ani bashing for not meeting targets.

9 minutes ago, tom brady said:

Indian banks lo employees treatment horrible untadi...probably the most stressful job

collection olladi inka darunam

Just now, psycontr said:

Seen this personally. One of my cousin works as a sales manager for bank in India. Call lo join ayyadu I was beside him, very toxic and VP using very bad language. Okokdini point out chesi shame of you etc etc ani bashing for not meeting targets.

IT lo kuda ante undi anna  India lo

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

Toxic work culture is rife in the Indian financial sector, especially when it involves sales and targets. Recently, two videos went viral where officers of Bandhan Bank and Canara Bank can be seen reprimanding their junior employees using foul language for not meeting the targets.

In one of the videos that surfaced on April 24, a Bandhan Bank officer called Kunal Bhardwaj can be seen screaming at a junior employee who apparently did not meet the targets set for the month.

When the employee apologised for his mistake and promised to rectify it, Bhardwaj said, “Definitely correct sir?… Are you even ashamed of yourself? This is March?”

“If you will not participate in recovery, including holidays because you want time after working to travel with your family but your hell to your family. What should I do? And the bank has given you a job for work not for travelling with family. I don’t care about my family, I don’t care about my family also, I care about Canara Bank. So clear message to all, and if week-wise, Monday to Saturday, work is not happening, Saturday or Sunday, whenever holiday, and if you did not respond kindly, things will be different and for everyone be it officer, chief manager, AGM,” he said

Canara Bank is a PSU still employees working hard and competing to meet targets. So Godi should not sell it.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

IT lo kuda ante undi anna  India lo

Seen this personally in 2014 

Aa toxic work culture in with sweatty  bodies 

4 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

indian lo work life balance , boundaries kastame nemo 

Only work bro no life,

Anduke kada ton of people want to move abroad..just for work life balance

Plus aa false prestige of showing off things 

Arey Neku 50k salary vaste y do u want to spend  10k per month on phone emi

Pressure from shareholders on the company to perform better, pressure on management and passed on to the people. However Mgt should understand that employees do not get motivated like this. They need to figure out a way to motivate employees to perform better from 9-6 on week days. If its not yielding results, they should change their methods, approaches, strategies, etc to achieve what they want.

side effect of mass hiring.. earlier people used to test the selling capabilities and talking ability, now online exams , computer literacy that's it .. no group discussions nothing.. More than 50% people joining for salary rather than as a passion, i saw with my own eyes how the people with passion on sales went so high, 80% of them are Presidents or Vice Presidents for 2 or three states . most of them has clear clue of their next goal.